Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return of XIDX: with bug fixes and updates for M2TW.

Default Re: Return of XIDX: with bug fixes and updates for M2TW.

thanks for the update - I can confirm that the 1.6 version with -p did fix my path issue and got to a merged packed set that would load in game and start battle.

(think I've still got some issues due to previously 'scaled' things, but no problems with anything that the tool is meant to be doing)

Version 1.6.2 of XIDX is available, bringing the following changes

Bug fixes

• Fix build error on MINGW/GCC 4.9

Misc

• Attempt to make XIDX print somewhat useful output to stdout and stderr when taken separately (useful when applying I/O redirection)
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hello,

I am trying to add different units from different mods to our small mod which we play in LAN.

I still haven't found a packer that would work with every animation file. Some packers work with animations from EB2, but they break the animations of MTW2 halberds. Some work with halberds, but other animations won't work. I have tried to use this tool since it's said that it has wide support. Also this -p option might just work with my situation.

However when I use "xidx.exe -tva pack > anim_list.txt" program makes this anim_list.txt but there are no spaces are line changes there. After that the packing program won't find any animation files.

Am I missing an argument or what?

Thank you in advance.

OK,

I think I got the packer working now.

It isn't able to combine animations and skeletons from EB2 to SS6.2. Game crashes when I try to go to custom battle with new units. And log file doesn't say anything that would help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

May be a noob question but is there naybody who can explain in a simple way how to install this?

I have the original XIDX and it seems working fine. I'd like to use the M2TW Modeler's Toolbox but to rebuild skeletons, it refers to this tool. However, I don't understand what to do with these files.

Many thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

cd to sounds dir

xidx -x SFX.idx

..."failed to extract files from pack"

so, not very useful after all.

*you can't edit posts on this forum?

EDIT: anyway, it wasn't working because the tool seems to add the .idx extension to whatever to whatever file you ask it to extract.

so, i asked xidx to extract "SFX.idx" and it decided it wanted to extract "SFX.idx.idx" instead. Never used a commandline tool that does that. silly.

Any tipps on how to get the animaton data into a readable format??

Edit: Cracked the structures, working on a tool
    Last edited by Jojo00182; February 09, 2020 at 07:47 AM.

Can't download the tool. When I click the download button its sends me to a blank page and nothing is downloaded, can someone fix or post the tool in a mirror link?

Downloads are working for me, can you try a different browser? My OH had this issue recently due to some accidental setting in his browser where it was trying to open the file instead of giving the option to save or open...

I tried on firefox, and now it works. Thank you. But now I have another problem, I'm trying to create a sound package for Medieval II... but, i can't get to work. I used this code for IDX, and works fine.But when I try to use on XIDX it gives me a message that says:

Failed to open ''
    Failed to create my_voice.idx

this is the bat code :
    % xidx_x86.exe -m -cf my_voice.idx "data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*"
    pause

I tried that ones too:
    % xidx_x86.exe -cf my_voice.idx "data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*"
    pause

% xidx_x86.exe -m my_voice.idx "data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*"
    pause

% xidx_x86.exe -c -f my_voice.idx "data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*"
    pause

% xidx_x86.exe -c my_voice.idx "data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*"
    pause

But, gives me the same results...

can you do the .bat without quotes?

% xidx_x86.exe -m -cf my_voice.idx data\sounds\voice\human\localized\Battle_events\*

?

you normally only need quotes if the tool is designed to use them to cope with spaces in the name, and your error message looks like that might be where it's getting stuck

(I hate trying to figure out the .bat files for this...)

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Is there any tutorial (or someone) that explains in simple understandable language how to use this tool (like extracting and packing sounds)? I know there's an explanation and a readme, but it's still abracadabra to me. It seems to me that it takes a certain understanding of how the tool works for granted...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123