Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS(final)

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2b)

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    They are all part of the pre-order, afaik there was even a steam limited version , which unlocks all 3 clans. Mine got only 'Tsu'

interesting, i got only the Tsu too

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (final)

If you're interested, I ran a regexp replace on the latest version of the boshin/FotS map to add links on all provinces to their encyclopedia page like the previous BIEMs had.

You can grab the html here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17271099/regions_boshin.zip

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (final)

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    If you're interested, I ran a regexp replace on the latest version of the boshin/FotS map to add links on all provinces to their encyclopedia page like the previous BIEMs had.

You can grab the html here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17271099/regions_boshin.zip
    ty

Guess I wouldn't have added it that soon, as the province description is more or less useless.
    will update once I fixed some imagemaps I'm still not satisfied with.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    ty

Guess I wouldn't have added it that soon, as the province description is more or less useless.
    will update once I fixed some imagemaps I'm still not satisfied with.
    In my defense, I only did it for the sake of completion and because I have to keep doing regexps once in a while otherwise I forget how to use 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    In my defense, I only did it for the sake of completion and because I have to keep doing regexps once in a while otherwise I forget how to use 'em.
    Should've sent you the stuff earlier with explicit orders then Had to do most of the stuff by hand...like the simple id-formatting if it's shogunate or imperial. But most of the sources were jpgs/some random txt files with no order, so that'd be impossible for regexp
    I'm still happy about some mechanics of ultraedit ^^

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

I just used the FOTS province map for the first time and just stared at it because it looks so awesome. Thanks for that!

Nice maps but I wonder if you could add some more info. My humble suggestion would be to add the clans (great or minor) starting alliance, enemies, vassals, trade partners, mons of the minor clans and maybe a little bit of description about them.

Nice maps but I wonder if you could add some more info. My humble suggestion would be to add the clans (great or minor) starting alliance, enemies, vassals, trade partners, mons of the minor clans and maybe a little bit of description about them.

that's really cool man well done!

Quote Originally Posted by jangiri View Post
    Ah, wasn't checking in here lately; will check as I was asked to do the Sekigahara map..and might even completely redesign the old maps to fit the fots style; but my laziness prevented it kinda ^^

Problem about some stuff; IMO several wars even by the AI are declared in turn 1 there some existing as well (and so is trade/alliances/..). And some stuff is really hard to datamine in the first place and usually some infos are kinda usless after 5-10 turns, as lots of minors/majors got obliterated and the map often changes a lot even by just using a different starting clan.

Further Clans are already in place for all 3 maps including the allegiance.

Though I think I still have somewhere my old fog of war removal script, so I could check if it's also uncloak all the clans in the diplomacy screen, as I used it just to gather the fertility and trade stuff.

And descriptions for minor clans *uhm* would be hard to find a reliable source and I don't know where to put it as it would overblow the infos already in place
    Last edited by valky; November 10, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Are these files easy to be made in .pack file and uploaded via Steam workshop ? Much easier if one wants to load/unload the mod.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Are these files easy to be made in .pack file and uploaded via Steam workshop ? Much easier if one wants to load/unload the mod.
    That's not possible IMO, as the whole encyclopedia is 'web-based' and you are kinda forced to overwrite some base files. Would need to clear my steam install to check, but I think the overhaul map affects 2-3 files only. (basic map + fots map..+ I took the liberty to built in a switcher file later one)

The others are only sub-files, which are opened on demand by using the modified file(s), without changing the other encyclopedia content.

But your point is valid and highly appreciated; might add a tiny restore file later on; but currently busy doing the sekigahara map.

Though besides the map, the other infos like the clans below are still (or should be) working...so there is not really a loss. But will check when am done, to put in a revert-file. ty

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS(final) /Sekigahara-Campaign

Hey Valky, can I include this awesome encyclopedia in the "Unit Pack Compatibility - Spanish Version+" (after translate it to spanish, of course)?

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS(final) /Sekigahara-Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Hey Valky, can I include this awesome encyclopedia in the "Unit Pack Compatibility - Spanish Version+" (after translate it to spanish, of course)?
    Yeah sure

The attached file is still the most up-to-date. Will do a different file with the Sekigahara Campaign.

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

valky any plans to update for the otomo dlc??

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Translating the maps to spanish I found some mistake in ROTS map. There are some lines changes for her Sengoku Jidai's counterpart or with mistakes. Some of them are Tosa's description, Kii's description, Craftwork's description and the last line of wood and prime forest descriptions. There are more, but I didn't remember now.

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

where has valky gone??

give the fault to SS 6.4 then?
    No I currently am moving and I just see that my last posting wasn't properly sent?!

as mentioned - sent me a PM for whatever purpose. I get at least the email notification then....and I haven't played Shogun 2 for like ages too *mourn*

Hmm, Otomo DLC, am quite sure I have unlocked all in steam? arr...that was pre-data I used...am humbly sorry - *check*
    Dear valky667,
    Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam. ^^

Will check next week though, am currently moving and am in my new apartment at monday or something like this. Again...PM = email = much faster ^^ (I had a ****-ton of other problems, like family, court etc as well..so I went rogue)

edit: I feel kinda sorry for the ongoing sekigahara project as well....cause I was kinda bound to no access to internet and similar means. not that it matters, but I was in a serious pretty much ****ed up period.
    Last edited by valky; May 02, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

sorry to hear that valky

well take all the time you need, no rush for an update until things are settled for you

GREAT! Next mod that 'lost file' to download.. After 3-4 years mod are auto deleted or what?!
    Last edited by legoras; August 18, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast