Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 years war mod

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 30 years war mod

sorry my bad then

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    i am working on a few mercenary units now and once they completed i will get uploaded the new video
    takecare all
    adrian
    Great! But I was wondering - considering there's no mercenary recruitement system in Empire Total War, will they be recruitable in barracks as regular troops are? In this case, it would be great if they were all one-turn-recruitement units with average hiring cost but high upkeep, what do you think? In order to represent how easy and fast was to hire mercenary regiments, and how difficult to have them regularly payed! Morevore, they could be troops which already have some experience, as they are professional soldiers, but maybe with a little less moral than regular troops, as they're not so willing to "die under the flag"... But I'm beeing boring... Just minor suggestions.
    Last edited by demostene; November 24, 2011 at 05:31 AM.

Blog Entries

There is no merc system so the barracks will do

hi demostene

I was thinking of doing the mercs recuitable at ports giving them one experience cost bit cheaper than normal units but upkeep more . I have heard that the mercs recuitment system is in etw though not activated ,the info came to light when CA released their modding help /files info.

I dont know though if it can be implemented as not sure if the files are all there for it to work.

I have attached some screen shots of a couple of merc models for scotland in game new infantry model and new officer though i got to readjust the belts on them or change them . The other model is a croation black regiment musketeer and the one in milkshape is going tobe a croation cavalry man .

takecare
    adrian

Blog Entries

Looks awesome!

thanks mate

hi demostene

I was thinking of doing the mercs recuitable at ports giving them one experience cost bit cheaper than normal units but upkeep more . I have heard that the mercs recuitment system is in etw though not activated ,the info came to light when CA released their modding help /files info.

I dont know though if it can be implemented as not sure if the files are all there for it to work.

I have attached some screen shots of a couple of merc models for scotland in game new infantry model and new officer though i got to readjust the belts on them or change them . The other model is a croation black regiment musketeer and the one in milkshape is going tobe a croation cavalry man .

takecare
    adrian
    Awesome models, I'd say as usual! +rep!

The mercenary system could be an extremely peculiar add-on, if you succeed in unlocking it! In case, I think maybe coaching-inns could be more suitable than ports, don't you? - irish ad scottish mercenaries surely reached Germany by sea, but in-game it would be a shame if mercenaries could be recruited only in coastal regions. Austria, Bavaria and other continental German States hired lots of mercenary... and they've got no ports on the map.

hi demostene

takecare
    adrian
    hello, fantastic work, but all the models are accurate?

The mercs models are fantastic, gratz! Also the other models i've seen on the front page are really cool. Nice to see a '600 mod!

hi demostene good idea thanks too for the rep and glad you like them .

hi warbeast the mercs are based on the screen shots in post 77

hi pietromicca1677 you are welcome glad you like them so far.

hey! you began to do new faces?

This could be used as faction flags (size 3:2) for the Protestant Union and the Catholic Leauge. The flag of the Protestant Union is based on what I have seen in the Wallenstein mini series and the works of the wikimedia-users Sir Iain and Sodacan.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co...Palatinate.svg

Adrain, why don't you use these wonderful models for scottish pikemen, musketeers and archers too? In order to add units whithout much effort...

PS: I've done a homemade signature - do you mind if I use it? I really support this mod.
    Last edited by demostene; November 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Soldat-Kamerad's Avatar Libertus

Fantastic pics!!! Will you add Russians army? Russia was the member of Evangelistic union, its hold polish forces on Polish-Russian front.

I've done another signature, if anyone's interested:

Last edited by demostene; November 28, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    I've done another signature, if anyone's interested:

It's awesome,demostene. But it's a little bit big for the signatures of this forum. Can you make them smaller?

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

Love this idea but it's a helluva lot of work. A team is doing this for M2TW and it's been two years and they're not done yet.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Adrian!
    Really god job, but may be you could more detail the units textures (like adding folds to clothes), what do you think?

greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    It's awesome,demostene. But it's a little bit big for the signatures of this forum. Can you make them smaller?
    Now they should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Love this idea but it's a helluva lot of work. A team is doing this for M2TW and it's been two years and they're not done yet.
    True indeed, but Empire TW is far closer to the XVII century than Medieval is:

1) you can't mod the map, so you simply have to give some regions to the Ottomans and and you're nearly done.

2) you don't need new animations: the muskeet fire animation is perfect in ETW, while it was terrible in M2TW, and the pike mod already out is quite good

3) you don't have to mod settlements: they're perfect as they are, expecially fortifications

4) even ships are alreaqdy there to be used: light galleys, galleys, xebecs, galleons, fluyts, XVII century looking pirate ships

Indeed, it is a major task. But Adrian seams incredibly fast in texturing, and he is really realistic too: he said he doesn't want to make hundreds of unique units; instead, common units for the major factions and only a few unique ones.
    The scripting part could be the boring one... assigning units to buildings, garrisons to regions, etc.

PS: sorry Brewster, my fault. double post.
    Last edited by demostene; November 28, 2011 at 05:44 PM.