Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Holy crap. This is... awesome! Very nice work! Do you have some working encyclopedia files I can post (all credits to you)? I'm sure many, myself included, would love to have an encyclopedia entry covering the minor clans.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 05, 2011 at 02:50 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Holy crap. This is... awesome! Very nice work! Do you have some working encyclopedia files I can post (all credits to you)? I'm sure many, myself included, would love to have an encyclopedia entry covering the minor clans.
    I am trying to finish the encylopedia for the minor set 4 other minor clan have to wait. I will pm you with the encylopedia file later.

Hey can someone please make it so that the minor clan campaign is longer, like until year 1640. I Feel so rushed with it at 1575. So if anyone can do this, Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by FBI206 View Post
    I am trying to finish the encylopedia for the minor set 4 other minor clan have to wait. I will pm you with the encylopedia file later.
    Much appreciated, mate .

Quote Originally Posted by malun327 View Post
    Hey can someone please make it so that the minor clan campaign is longer, like until year 1640. I Feel so rushed with it at 1575. So if anyone can do this, Thanks in advance.
    For now, have a look at this tutorial. It shows you how to extend the end year.

Considering that anyone that wants to play a fast campaign will be able to regardless of the end year, I will extend the end years by default. I'd rather hold out until I pick up on more bugs, as updating every few days is annoying .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks so much, I was so close to winning as otomo once but then i was out of time. That will never happen again!!!

I have noted a few comments that state you can continue your campaign even if the game says you've failed, although at that point the game will refuse to define your campaign as successful. So, no "our ancestors will be proud" speech .

In any case, that should not be a concern with either that startpos.esf edit or future versions that I will create once I come across a few more things that thicken them up.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Great job on the mod best one on here.

Are you going to make custom daimyos for the clans. It would be awesome if the ashikaga's daimyo had the shogun armor from multiplayer
    or at least stop the crazy attack from all the clans like give them a diplomatic bonus since they are the original shogunate

I was playing as the Sagara clan today my daimyo was shimazu's daimyo? And when in battle all of my units were the color of the shimazu clan as well as the little flags the units carry on their backs. Is this normal? Is it suppose to be like this or did i do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ashikaga View Post
    Great job on the mod best one on here.

Are you going to make custom daimyos for the clans. It would be awesome if the ashikaga's daimyo had the shogun armor from multiplayer
    or at least stop the crazy attack from all the clans like give them a diplomatic bonus since they are the original shogunate
    I have been avoiding things that inflate the mod size like the plague.

I left the early RD for the Ashikaga considering it made them unique. It is also historically appropriate, given that few clans cared about the Ashikaga during the period. In any case, for now there is always Mitch's all clans playable mod for a more standard Ashikaga campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lius View Post
    I was playing as the Sagara clan today my daimyo was shimazu's daimyo? And when in battle all of my units were the color of the shimazu clan as well as the little flags the units carry on their backs. Is this normal? Is it suppose to be like this or did i do something wrong?
    The Sagara should be the Shimazu daimyo, considering the Shimazu daimyo has a fairly common armour set. Setups for the Tokugawa, Uesugi, Oda and Date, however, are far more unique, so I have tweaked them in the first set.

The incorrect sashimono colours and crest, however, should not happen. That was the first thing I dealt with before releasing the mods. If you can, post a screenshot of S2's data folder (directory included). That should help me see if you have a conflicting mod.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

For the "making clans unique" - thing I've got an idea for the Yamana: The Yamana were a very important Clan in Onin War right after the de facto end of the Ashikaga - Shogunate.
    So here's my idea: You could give them a unique Samurai unit which is equivalent to Foot Samurai from Gempei-AddOn (a unit with both high sword AND Bow skills, including the firing while running thing; men per unit 2/3 of bow samurai, but both sword and bow skills should be better than the skills of katana/Bow Samurai.

And, for the Sagara (Without historical context, just because they have horses), a special bow/spear cavalry unit: A unit with more men than a normal cavalry unit (as much men as bow samurai) and the ability of firing bows (with a lower accuracy than normal bow cavalry), but with a high attack bonus (like light cavalry). It should be a bit more cost-intensive than normal bow cavalry, but it should allow mongol-like tactics

What do you think?

Set 3 updated:
    -Clan name that shows up in clan management has been corrected
    -Custom victory conditions for all seven clans
    -Added neutral daimyo models
    -The major banner for the Mori clan has been fixed

-----

Very nice ideas, Carthago. Sorry about the late reply. I'll wait until I get a unique element for each clan before I implement these ideas.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 12, 2011 at 09:22 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks for doing this Anton it allowed me to win it with Ashikaga on VH.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=495762

Is it possible to make this for the Rise of the Samurai campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralWolfe View Post
    Is it possible to make this for the Rise of the Samurai campaign?
    Absolutely, as I posted before:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thing is, with my attention on other things, the time-consuming nature of having to create more packs due to the six clan limit and the copyright concern (I doubt my method does anything to subvert it, but with non-existent modding support from CA I doubt I'd get any confirmation), I probably won't put it together.

Well, maybe sometime in the future. I won't promise anything.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Is there any way to edit which clans are in each pack?

(ex:replaceing the murakami with the Honma)

Well, of course. Creating such custom packs would be grossly time consuming on my part, though, and would only stand to 'assist' those who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes closing the game, swapping to another pack and restarting the game.

Now, if there is real demand for a realistically modable feature, I'll try to accommodate that .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I waited so long for this! Thank you Anton for this important mod. Finally I will be able to play illustrious clans like the Imagawa, Saito or Ito. It is good to have a broad choice...
    Thank you and +rep
    Last edited by Tullius Tiro; December 10, 2011 at 01:45 PM.

Well, of course. Creating such custom packs would be grossly time consuming on my part, though, and would only stand to 'assist' those who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes closing the game, swapping to another pack and restarting the game.

Now, if there is real demand for a realistically modable feature, I'll try to accommodate that .
    I know this has probably been mentioned before, but if I switch packs will a game save from the other pack not be able to load?

Quote Originally Posted by Tullius Tiro View Post
    I waited so long for this! Thank you Anton for this important mod. Finally I will be able to play illustrious clans like the Imagawa, Saito or Ito. It is good to have a broad choice...
    Thank you and +rep
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by The: HattoriBear7777 View Post
    I know this has probably been mentioned before, but if I switch packs will a game save from the other pack not be able to load?
    In most cases where non-overwritten data is not being used (i.e. Otomo with the Otomo Black Ship), you'll be able to continue a wierd-looking campaign. I say its wierd-looking due to all of the startpos.esf data being dumped in the save, whilst all the other files necessary for polishing are absent.

So, in most cases, packs will be game-save compatible. Just give the save game a unique name so you can remember it is a minor faction save.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

In most cases where non-overwritten data is not being used (i.e. Otomo with the Otomo Black Ship), you'll be able to continue a wierd-looking campaign. I say its wierd-looking due to all of the startpos.esf data being dumped in the save, whilst all the other files necessary for polishing are absent.

So, in most cases, packs will be game-save compatible. Just give the save game a unique name so you can remember it is a minor faction save.
    Thanks!