Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Thanks a lot for your interest in help with the issue Anton. The mod is working very good and like i expected and don't blame yourself, it was my fault with extended mod. If don't bother you i did a small modification to the turn per year in your startpos.esf, i like play with 12 months . The bad news is the name of the clan still with the vanilla one but the territories, daimyo's name and units are working good. Again, thanks a lot hope that you can improve the mod adding exclusive bonus clan,etc.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

No problem, mate. After all, I have to support what I create .

Chances are, one of these mods is overwriting the "factions.loc" file. I have a screenshot of what mods you are using, so when I get the chance I'll recreate the problem and make a solution. After all, I am intending to do just that anyway .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

While playing I was so focussed on conquering everything for the Ashina that I oversaw that there is a little problem: My game is in German, and it shows the original German faction descriptions instead of the new ones. How can I change this?

Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

It could be a localization problem, or a conflicting mod, or a plain oversight on my part. We shall see .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Okay see attachement. The art changes of the mod are included, but the texts are still the same...

It could be a problem with the localization. I use english, so maybe your game is shunning them in favour of the german .loc files.

Note: only try this after acknowledging that you might need to download a few hundred megabytes of data:
    If you could, try changing your localization for Shogun 2 to english (in your Steam library, right-click on "Total War: SHOGUN 2", click properties, select the "language" tab and in the drop-down menu choose english.

Have you got any other mods installed? Also, if you could, a screenshot of S2's data folder would be helpful.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Yeah I know this could be the last way to change the language...
    No I don't use any other mods and I deleted every mod-pack file from the data folder. Maybe I could make a copy of the local_ge.pack and replace the vanilla localisation.loc with the localisation.loc of the mod. This is a bit difficult but I don't see any other possibility. See attachement for the German vanilla local_ge.pack.

EDIT: Before I forget, you see, there is no units.loc file in the local_ge.patch. The unit information is included in the localisation.loc
    Last edited by Carthago; November 02, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Alright. Thanks for the screenshots, especially the one showing PFM. It's a localization problem. The mod edits the .loc files "effect_bundles.loc, "effects.loc", "factions.loc", "units.loc" and "startpos_jap_shogun.loc" from the "local_en_patch.pack", however those .loc files are only used with the english localisation packs.

Unfortunately, the prospect of distributing many different packs with numerous localisation.loc files is horrible, considering the potential size of it all.

I'll try to find some form of solution to this for non-english users, but it would seem that using the english localisation files is the best solution thus far.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I had the same problem like Carthago, names are the vanilla ones but i solved the problem of start position. Maybe it's a language issue because my version have a different language too.

EDIT:
    I'll try to find some form of solution to this for non-english users, but it would seem that using the english localisation files is the best solution thus far.
    My fault, i did read the last line, hope that you can fix this.

Maybe I should create a new mod with the German localisation.loc and insert all the files of the seperated English loc-files in my German localisation.loc... then it should overwrite the original ones.
    To do this: I don't know how to copy some of the TSV rows of one file and insert them in another...

Export all the .loc files from one of the S2:TC sets, as well as the german localisation.loc. You should be able to use a text editor to copy the appropriate row from one .tsv file to another. Having a quick look at the exported .tsv files, it looks like a new column of a line is defined by a hit of the 'tab' key, but that's fairly redundant considering you are just copying. Just make sure the new pack is defined as a movie type. The .loc files won't conflict, so just boot the game with that all set up.

Edit: I remember Swiss (the guy who created the AUM mods) posted unit compatibility files for other languages. It looks like each localisation.loc files is only 10mb or so. Is that true? If so, redistributing it with the appropriate changes won't be too much of a hastle. I'll just need to get my hands on each of the sets.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 02, 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Okay... And you're sure that there's no other way to copy and paste? Because in Notepad it looks like this...

In PFM, when you have the localisation.loc highlighted, look near the top-right hand corner and select "export tsv". Do that for the german localisation.loc file and the numerous english .loc files. Open each .tsv file with notepad and copy entries that correlate, i.e. the entire line where the first bit of text is that which can be seen under "tag" in PFM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Okay I understand...
    But it's a really huge task to translate it all because the order of the loc-file-rows in the mod and in vanilla German localisation.loc is different, so I had to translate it all... That's not cool...

Yeah. I can see where this is tedious. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to provide effective support for non-english users. Not only would I have to create localisation sets for each available language, but also five lots of each language. 35 localisation sets. Ugh.

Sadly, the reigning solution is to use the english language.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Indeed. As you said it's a huge job and I'm too lazy for it
    So I tried to play the game in english, but now I have the problem, that the Game is textless except some of the new texts... That means the home screen of the game is completely textless, only the "Start new [Sengoku] Campaign" Screen has got some text (Only the new Clan names and the Number of Provinces). What could be the problem?
    I can't send you a screenshot at the time because my Print Screen key is on the blink (I Don't know if this is the right English expression, sounds a bit childlike )

It sounds like you haven't downloaded "local_en.pack" and "local_en_patch.pack". The few .loc files I have provided seem to be kicking in, only there are many others I have not tweaked, and thus are not available in the s2:tc pack files. Try verifying the integrity of the game cache (right click on "Total War: SHOGUN 2" in the Steam library, click on properties, click on the "local files" tab and click "verify integrity of game cache..."). Well, what ever the equivalent is in German. I could probably pull off a bit of the instructions in deutsch, but more than anything I'd probably make you confused .

...and you can go with "My print-screen key is on the fritz" .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

No I have the local_en packs... So this shouldn't be the problem normally. Maybe the game has problems to apply the english language packs. Although this language.txt file has the text "EN"...

Oh and English is okay, I mean much of German common language is infiltrated by English words, so there are more paralleles than you probably think

Hmm. I have the exact same setup as you. Steam would have given us the same updates, too .

I'm actually inclined to think this isn't a problem stemming from the mod, but rather on the side of Steam/CA.

Yeah, having not bothered to learn a second language, I was just going to go with German due to the seemingly rampant Latin base . Although, I really should get stuck into the Japanese language so as to not get annoyed with the limited English-language sources .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think a picture about the minor clan's position could be a good idea. Here is the picture for the minor clan set 4
    Last edited by FBI206; November 05, 2011 at 02:02 AM.