Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - An 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

To anyone that looks at the above post, it may very well be spam. Do not click on the link.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - An 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Sorry.. But this is not spam site.....

I can't speak english;;;

I'm sorry you have mistaken as spam.
    Last edited by UENO; October 30, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Well, if this is the case, do note that there are many mods that will not work properly with this one. It is an issue I will deal with in the future. Just keep checking and eventually I'll post something about mod compatibility.

Just noticed you removed the link. Thank you.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Ah..Ok.. Thank you so much..

mine doesn't seem to be working, it has the clans and stuff in the selection menu but when i play as them they are in the original factions starting province, not there own

Could you post a screenshot of your S2's data folder and an in-game screenshot of what is happening? A few things come to mind as to what is causing the problem: you have multiple sets installed at the same time, you have another mod installed that conflicts with one of this mods' sets, you do not have a legal version. If the latter is the case, I can't help. If you do have a legal version, I'm happy to help.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Short question - when will you make the Ashina unique?

I figure that even if I do make all clans unique, they will still feel so much like standard clans. This is more of a problem with the game than me, I should think...

At the moment, I haven't actually dabbled in effects like something being cheaper or what ever, but unit variants are pretty straight forward. The Otomo was quite an interesting clan to play as in my S2:TC mod mostly because of the flexible difficulty and them being the only pre-existing christian clan; my custom Otomo Black Ship didn't do a whole lot in terms of customization.

So, while my time working on this mod has, of late, dwindled, I am focused on text and daimyo updates. I pretty much have daimyo unit variants that will apply to all clans, so hopefully in the next few days I'll sit down and apply the updates recently made to set 1 to all other sets.

I can't really say what clans will get a bit of customization, only that if I have a good idea that I can execute, I shall .

I also haven't forgotten your unit, so in my next revision of set 1 I'll should add them.

---

Upon doing my frequent searching of numerous files, I have figured out another good idea. It's not anything historical, but yeah. The Ashina will have Carthago's Advanced Naginata Samurai unit, as well as a little extra something. I also just made a little update to include a unique element for the Imagawa.

Now that I'm starting to put ideas together, I will actually polish up set 1 before updating the others. I'll play a few turns of each clan to see what would make a good addition.

Miyoshi: Masters of Economics
    Each of the three Miyoshi provinces have superior farms and a better town-fort in Settsu at the start of the game.

Ashina: Masters of the Naginata
    Can recruit superior Naginata Samurai
    Can recruit unique Naginata Cavalry

Imagawa: Masters of the Tea Ceremony
    Suruga province has a Confucian Academy
    Last edited by Akaie; October 30, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thank you very very much

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Great work. Will surely get this once I get my replacement GPU.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Awesome! An excuse to try out a campaign with the Imagawa. The question is, do you plan to release your three "holy mountain heroes" in the next few days? Because then I should wait until then to start my next game.

And I can't thank you enough for your awesome work. Apologies if I sound impatient. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    Thank you very very much
    No problem .

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Great work. Will surely get this once I get my replacement GPU.
    Hope you enjoy the new campaigns .

---

The ideas I had for the Murakami and Saito feel more appropriate if they were to be applied to other clans, so I'm leaving those two as is for now. For the other seven clans, I have put together a list of buffs to make each of those clans unique.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Miyoshi: Masters of Economics
    Each of the three Miyoshi provinces have superior farms and a better town-fort in Settsu at the start of the game.

Ito: Masters of the Road
    Starting provinces have superior roads

Mogami: Masters of Stone
    Better stone mine in Ugo

Satomi: Masters of Trade
    Kazusa has trading port

Ashina: Masters of the Naginata
    Can recruit superior Naginata Samurai
    Can recruit unique Naginata Cavalry

Hatakeyama: Masters of the Masterless
    Cheaper Ronin

Imagawa: Masters of the Tea Ceremony
    Suruga province has a Confucian Academy

I'll upload the updated set 1 soon (when I actually do it, that is ). I wouldn't worry about it if you've already started a campaign, but if you want to start a new campaign, these should help you on your pilgrimage to Kyoto!

I'd better stop neglecting sleep now.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Set 1 updated:
    -The Hatakeyama and Ashina have new units
    ---The Hatakeyama can recruit cheaper and superior Ronin
    ---The Ashina can recruit superior Naginata Samurai, and have the unique Naginata Samurai Cavalry (essentially just buffed up Yari Cav with a Naginata)
    -Five clans have better buildings
    ---The Miyoshi have Irrigation-teir Farms in all provinces and a Stronghold-teir town-fort in Settsu
    ---The Ito have Post Stations-teir roads in Osumi and Hyuga
    ---The Mogami have the Stoneworks-teir stone mine in Ugo
    ---The Satomi have a Trading Port in Shimosa
    ---The Imagawa have the Confucian Academy in Suruga

I have updated the OP with this new set 1, as well as a bit of information (most of which is seen under "set 1 updated:" above) about the clans. I might thicken this up later.

I am very happy with how the polishing for set 1 has turned out. I think allowing the minor clans to keep the major clan units/bonuses whilst having a little extra of their own will be a great way to provide bonuses to you guys.

A new campaign will need to be started if you want to get these buffs. If you are already playing a campaign with one of these clans, the new pack should be save-game compatible; I have replaced a few units so I'm not sure how that would go. Keep the .pack you are currently using handy, just in case.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Questionable View Post
    Awesome! An excuse to try out a campaign with the Imagawa. The question is, do you plan to release your three "holy mountain heroes" in the next few days? Because then I should wait until then to start my next game.

And I can't thank you enough for your awesome work. Apologies if I sound impatient. . .
    This post was a bit squashed, so I didn't see it yesterday . Sorry about that.

I might apply those three hero units to another clan in another set. The Imagawa buff is a Confucian academy !

Patron of Erwin Rommel

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Does this work on custom battles?

Yes, however using one of the .pack files in conjunction with custom battles was not of much concern with me. You can play as the new minors, but I think one thing you'll see is generals like Shingen, Motochika, etc, showing up in the wrong faction. If you want to play as the minor clans in custom battles, just get one of the all factions playable in custom battles variants that are floating around in the forums.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I'm having a straight problem with your mod, just i tried disabling all mods and following the steps but the clans are like the vanilla name and position but with the minor clan flag lol such as i was triying Otomo but they are Mori clan.

I have had one other case with similar symptoms, but I need more information before I attempt to fix the problem.

Firstly, I'll need two screenshots:
    -one that shows me the in-game problem
    -one that shows me the directory for Shogun 2's data folder & the contents of the data folder itself.

Steam will host the first image, however you'll need something like imageshack to host the other image.

I'll get back to you once you get back to me.

Also, you said "I tried disabling all mods". How, exactly, were you doing this? Just remove all non-vanilla data .pack files from S2's data directory except for one of the 'Shogun 2: Total Clans' .pack files.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 01, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

My apologies about my bad expresion. I was saying about moving my mods to other folder and just keep your mod in the data folder, of course deleting the lines from the script text and keeping your mod line. About the screens i'll upload later but if you want an idea, the menu shows the flags from the minor clans but keeping the names, territories and bonus clan of Vanilla. For example if i push in Otomo flag the name still with Mori clan and one time i load the new campaign with this clan i have the Mori territory too. It's like play with Mori but with the Otomo flag lol. In other words nothing change except the flag.

EDIT. Here the screens.

Here i show my default script text with the mods installed. I tried deleting all the lines too.

The data folder. I tried moving the mods to other folder for try your mod alone.

The main menu showing the problem of clans.

I choosed Otomo but here is the problem. It is not Otomo really. :S
    Last edited by Mudora; November 01, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Alright thanks for the details. I'm pretty sure I know what's happening. It might be that the user script prioritizes the last .pack file first. The 1640 extended campaign conditions you have there uses the startpos.esf, so it is definitely incompatible. It seems to be loading that instead of my starpos.esf, which is necessary to get everything showing right.

It would seem that, in order to ensure compatibility with other mods, the "movie minors_setx.pack" entry needs to be last instead of first, so try doing that. If that works, I'll fix my OP. It would also explain why the problem is neither isolated nor universal. This problem was most likely my fault, so I'm sorry there .
    Last edited by Akaie; November 01, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel