Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available

Quote Originally Posted by artza2129 View Post
    How can I fix it.
    If your game is fully updated and is a legal copy, there would not be a problem. I have not experienced any crashes with this mod thus far.

Additionally, the mod does not use and is not reliant on any DLC content.

If you do not have a legitimate version of the game, I can only assume the game may crash. If this is the case, I simply cannot support you. Buy the game, patch it up, and you won't have any troubles with this mod... or pretty much any other for that matter.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    If your game is fully updated and is a legal copy, there would not be a problem. I have not experienced any crashes with this mod thus far.

Additionally, the mod does not use and is not reliant on any DLC content.

If you do not have a legitimate version of the game, I can only assume the game may crash. If this is the case, I simply cannot support you. Buy the game, patch it up, and you won't have any troubles with this mod... or pretty much any other for that matter.
    Thank you

I have just updated the second set.

Changes:
    -The clan name bug should be cleared up.
    -If you have either/both of the Limited Edition or Ikko-ikki DLC, those clans will not show up in the clan selection menu. If you want to play them, just don't use the mod as it's pointless making a campaign dependent on the .pack.
    -Unique details for the Otomo clan in the clan selection menu. A screenshot to make clear what I mean is available in my original post in this thread
    -Unique naval unit - The Otomo Black Ship - playable in custom battles and the campaign. For more details, go to my original post and look at the "unique clan information" section.
    -The Mori have their clan-specific units, considering that the Otomo have their own unique element.

I have accounted for the ridiculously powerful might of the black ship by forcing you to pay a fair bit for it, on top of making it slightly more crap than the original black ship. I may apply more balancing in the future.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 21, 2011 at 01:10 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks! One of the best mod!

btw, how many clans can be added in "one pack" 11? (9 default + ikko ikki + hattori) or more?
    Last edited by legoras; October 21, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

Now it's getting interesting!
    Keep on customizing each clan to be unique and I'm sure this one will be one of the best TWS2 mods!

Anton, I'm really glad to see you on this community.

Quote Originally Posted by legoras View Post
    Thanks! One of the best mod!

btw, how many clans can be added in "one pack" 11? (9 default + ikko ikki + hattori) or more?
    Thanks, mate .

Well.. I'm not really sure about a maximum amount and what would happen if I were to get 12 in there. I suspect one of two things are at play:
    -The protection of the Hattori and Ikko-ikki clans also sits over the minor clans, or,
    -There are things outside the startpos.esf that are necessary for a clan to show up in the clan selection menu.

With my method, I could have 11 clans up there. The thing is, if someone doesn't have the limited edition dlc, they will not be able to access the minor clan that takes the Hattori's place. The same goes for the Ikko-ikki. I was forced to use no more than nine clans in each pack to make sure everyone could access them with the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by SaengsaWang View Post
    Now it's getting interesting!
    Keep on customizing each clan to be unique and I'm sure this one will be one of the best TWS2 mods!

Anton, I'm really glad to see you on this community.
    Thanks for the seriously kind words. Glad to be here .

----

On a related note, I started dipping my metaphorical finger into making custom unit variants for each clan. I made an Otomo daimyo variant based on Otomo Sorin's armour (screenshot below). Due to the fact I can only use stuff in the game files, I went with a crescent crest. I wanted to apply some historical armour colourings (mostly gold with a bit of white), but the "agent_uniform_colours" or even "uniform_to_faction_colours" tables did not allow me to make that change. I might find something soon enough, but help would be appreciated.

The new Otomo daimyo

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Hy there Anton!

You're an outstanding modder, love your work so far!
    Have you considered in your future plans adding real but yet non-existing clans to join the fray?
    Especially that i see you love the Otomo clan and I think what could give them a more challenging gameplay is the Ryuzoji clan with the leader Ryuzoji Takanobu. These two clan were great rivals in the Sengoku Era. It would be fun to choose a side in this rivalry.

There is a typo in the Otomo faction decription
    no, great work so far

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise90 View Post
    Hy there Anton!

You're an outstanding modder, love your work so far!
    Have you considered in your future plans adding real but yet non-existing clans to join the fray?
    Especially that i see you love the Otomo clan and I think what could give them a more challenging gameplay is the Ryuzoji clan with the leader Ryuzoji Takanobu. These two clan were great rivals in the Sengoku Era. It would be fun to choose a side in this rivalry.
    Well, if I were to do that, it wouldn't be in this mod.

I have done two things in my overhaul mod that technically do what you want here. Firstly, I can easily create clans to be used in custom battles. Its really just a new row in three faction db files, some text entries, some new crests and a banner. Easy stuff. The more interesting thing I did was simply swap out aforementioned files of a pre-existing campaign clan with files I created from scratch that lead the player to believe there is an entirely new clan available.

Adding an entirely custom clan to the campaign is just... well let's just say I don't think anyone has actually done it for the warscape startpos.esf files .

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    There is a typo in the Otomo faction decription
    no, great work so far

Squint your eyes until the next update .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Well, if I were to do that, it wouldn't be in this mod.

I have done two things in my overhaul mod that technically do what you want here. Firstly, I can easily create clans to be used in custom battles. Its really just a new row in three faction db files, some text entries, some new crests and a banner. Easy stuff. The more interesting thing I did was simply swap out aforementioned files of a pre-existing campaign clan with files I created from scratch that lead the player to believe there is an entirely new clan available.

Adding an entirely custom clan to the campaign is just... well let's just say I don't think anyone has actually done it for the warscape startpos.esf files .
    Ah i see your point.
    Anyway awesome job so far, love to play as Otomo, Honma and Ogigayatsu ) The Ashikaga is another very challenging campaign this way

Oh i got an idea the Ryuzoji clans main province was Hizen where the Shoni is now. If you could send to my mail (blaise90@gmail.com) tutorials/helpful things on how to change the Shoni clan into Ryuzoji clan then if i can manage it i'll gladly show you the results and let you use it in one of your pack files maybe in set 5 or dunno because there are only 2 clans in set 5 if i remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise90 View Post
    Ah i see your point.
    Anyway awesome job so far, love to play as Otomo, Honma and Ogigayatsu ) The Ashikaga is another very challenging campaign this way

Oh i got an idea the Ryuzoji clans main province was Hizen where the Shoni is now. If you could send to my mail (blaise90@gmail.com) tutorials/helpful things on how to change the Shoni clan into Ryuzoji clan then if i can manage it i'll gladly show you the results and let you use it in one of your pack files maybe in set 5 or dunno because there are only 2 clans in set 5 if i remember correctly
    Yeah. I'm thinking of trying a VH/L Ashikaga campaign with DMS and the UAI mod. I am going to get owned. Royally . But for now, I started a VH Otomo campaign. I even got to see one of the new siege maps!

Regarding the Ryuzoji clan. I made a few details as to how to reverse my clan-swapping in my overhaul mod here. Reversing that, looking at my custom clan tutorial here and even studying the files in my individual Nagao overhaul here (Carthago, have you looked at that yet? I remember you asked) will push you in the right direction. I occasionally remember that I do intend to write out a decent tutorial, but with time constraints it just never gets done .
    Last edited by Akaie; October 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Set 5 updated:

-Clan name bug fixed.
    -The Urakami now have a unique element: "Ukita" variants of Yari/Bow/Loan-sword Ashigaru and Light Cavalry; these units use the vanilla Ukita unit colourings (blue and white) and have slightly higher melee defense and armour stats.
    -For balancing purposes, I have tweaked the Ukita Loan Sword Ashigaru unit; they have a base size of 160 men and are limited to 6 (I think) units. Other than the slightly higher melee defense/armour, all stats are the same as the vanilla loan sword ashigaru unit.
    -Clan selection menu has some tweaks referring to these new units.
    -I returned the Chosokabe-specific bow units to the Chosokabe.

I will fix the name bug with the first set in the next few days (sooner rather than later), and with that at least one clan from that first set will have some unique content.

I am increasing the amount of work I am doing for ABVOM 2.0 so my work-pace for this mod is dwindling. I hope to get more work done on both of these mods before Skyrim comes out (11-11).
    Last edited by Akaie; October 23, 2011 at 02:41 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks, Anton, for your great work (which sadly has devoured far too much of my weekend). Love the mod, and I look forward to seeing more unique minors (had a great time with the Otomo).

Quote Originally Posted by Questionable View Post
    Thanks, Anton, for your great work (which sadly has devoured far too much of my weekend). Love the mod, and I look forward to seeing more unique minors (had a great time with the Otomo).
    If I have destroyed your weekend plans, then it would seem this mod works a treat .

---

I thought a banner for the mod would be neat. I couldn't think of anything decent, that is until I remembered two things: a) I can practically reduce unit sizes down to 1 person and b) CA just released new maps. I started taking screenshots of a 1-person unit in various places, and thus came to the banner that I have put up on the first post of the thread.

I wouldn't have minded something a bit more... japanese... but... what do you guys think of it?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I have two ideas for unique clans.

Imagawa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Turnbull, Samurai Commanders: 940-1576
    The future Shogun therefore made his way finally to Sumpu, set by the sea with the magnificent backdrop of Mount Fuji. Here, he was able to enjoy for the remainder of his boyhood the atmosphere of the 'little Kyoto' that Imagawa Yoshimoto had created in imitation of the court of his Ashikaga relatives in the capital, at which Yoshimoto held poetry and painting contests and performed the tea ceremony.
    From this, I got an idea to have the Imagawa chi tech tree partially completed.

I have made no effort to understand effects yet, so it might be some time before non-unit customization takes place. If someone has looked into this, do tell.

The other idea is derived from three cool geographical bits of Japan: 三霊山 (three holy mountains). From this, I will create three hero units: "Fuji Yamabushi", "Tate Yamabushi" and "Haku Yamabushi". I can't help but feel as if they deserve their own unit cards. Alas, I feel any attempt at these would seem fairly crap. Again, anyone up for it?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Nice mod! I have a problem. The minors_set1_update2.rar dont work for me. In the campaing menu have the vanilla names. Wen I choose one jump to desk

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    Nice mod! I have a problem. The minors_set1_update2.rar dont work for me. In the campaing menu have the vanilla names. Wen I choose one jump to desk
    That set is a bit outdated. I intend to polish it soon, but the thing is it shouldn't cause a CTD when you select a clan. It does not cause a CTD for me. A few oddities, but no CTD.

Firstly, is your copy a legal one? If no, I pretty much can't help you.
    Is it updated? If no, then that could be the cause.
    Do you have any other mods installed? This isn't exactly the most modding friendly mod .

Get back to me on these things and I'll try to help you more.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Set 1 updated.

-Faction name bug fixed.
    -Agent crests fixed.
    -The potentially for the Ikki-ikki/Hattori to appear in the clan selection menu for DLC owners has been removed (they are unnecessary).

With this, all clans have been polished pretty well. The two big things that need to be done now are appropriate daimyo's and a unique element for each minor clan.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 24, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

awesome mod!!! can't wait to play! is it compatible with the mod road to kyoto?

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    awesome mod!!! can't wait to play! is it compatible with the mod road to kyoto?
    I have just had a look at the latest version of TROM3. So, there is good news and bad news.

Bad news: without a user script, there will be conflicts that will really mess with things.

Good news: With a user script, a lot of bugs can be dealt with. In my first post I will detail how you can apply this user script method in order to make the game a whole lot more playable with this mod and TROM3 (and any other mod that can conflict).

Bad news: Not all bugs will be dealt with via the user script method.

Good news: Slowly, but surely, I will work on a compatibility pack that will deal with almost all bugs that arise from incompatibility. I will also look at making a list of mods that are already compatible with this one.

Edit: Copy/paste of what I wrote out on the first post of the thread:
    Mod Compatibility The sad truth that lurks in the .pack files of this mod is that it is not exactly mod-friendly; a lot of mods will conflict. Fortunately for us, there is a handy little thing called a user script. We can prioritize any one of the five .pack files over all other .pack files, so while you may not experience everything a mod other than this one has to offer, you can still experience it.

How to use the user script
    Firstly, we need to create the user script. Open notepad. We need to do two things: define the type of .pack file and add the .pack file name. All five of my 'All Clans Playable' pack files are movie type. Most mods are the same, but if any tell you to use a user script be sure to prioritize my mod over every other. In the first line of notepad, paste the following text from the spoiler box. If the mod you want to use with this mod needs a user script, add the following text from the spoiler box at the top of the list.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    movie "minors_set1.pack";

If you are editing a pre-existing user script, just save. If you are creating a brand new one, continue reading. First, find your "scripts" folder (mine is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts"); "<username>" refers to your actual username. You will be saving the file to this directory. Hit "save as...", enter "user.script.txt" as the file name, and next to "encoding:" select "Unicode" instead of "ANSI". Make sure you are saving the file to the "scripts" folder and save.

This is just a quick fix to allow you to at least use some of the features of an incompatible mod. I intend to create a compatibility project that deals with incompatibility issues.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 24, 2011 at 05:01 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel