Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Hello Anton, I want to ask you one more thing...

What about the revised version of your All Clans Playable mod for vanilla Shogun 2, in which minor clans have no major bonuses and fixing some other things like the Ashikaga issue? Also, has it been completed? Your answer would be very appreciated!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

I had a go at trying to fix the ashikaga issue, but didn't come up with anything significant. I haven't finished it up yet, though I'm pretty sure I finished most of it. I'll get back to you on that .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I've re-written the OP. Amazingly, 7z compression got the five sengoku packs down to 7.3mb, which was around the size of a single compressed rar pack .

Now that I have an update out for Seki, I can look at committing more time to this. Sadly, I think I accidentally deleted my work-in-progress revised pack. No big deal, just a bit of a delay .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

can you add Asakura clan

Sadly the Asakura are not a vanilla faction; the mod's purpose is to make available such vanilla factions .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thats cool Asakura clan were important in the sengoku era and asai is to weak and needs Rokkaku clan

Indeed, though it doesn't have anything to do with making minor factions playable . If you want, you can make a request thread in the appropriate S2 modding forum (compilations and overhauls is fairly appropriate), or if you wanted to pursue it yourself but aren't too sure where to begin you also have the mod workshop where you can ask for assistance and get the tools you need .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks and one more thing is it possble to change the year you start in

Is there any way to run this with DM?

Yes. Download the s2tc.7z file in the first post of this thread and extract one of the five .pack files to the data folder. Then, download the non-launcher version of DMS (at the very least, I think the launcher version has startpos mods which are absolutely not compatible) which is linked at the end of this post and do the same extracting of the pack file to the data folder.

Then boot up and play!

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Thanks Anton. I did this per instructions, and began a Miyoshi campaign. My issue now is that I am unable to build Naginata (sp?) samuri, even though I have the appropriate building upgrades. Is this a known error or a faction limitation?

Semisalis

Good mod, ran into some issues your 2nd and 4th pack or maybe its my mods issue =). For some reason, unknown to me the clans are not minor just recolored on those 2 sets. Different flag, color and its neat but weird. Now, I know you say no no no on other mods with yours...but I do not listen =). I run Darth/Radious FOTS/SH2. So running Mitches All Clans files no issues as such. I am thinking its Radious.....thanks!
    I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid -John Gotti

Zorus, that's rather weird considering I shouldn't have needed to touch military permissions for that particular unit and that particular clan. If I get to revising these packs, I'll have a look at that.

SgtLong, perhaps you are using an extended years mod. I wouldn't recommend that or any re-colour mod unless you know to do a bit of modding yourself to make it compatible.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Semisalis

Ok it says Anton and Radious Color mod in the title screen, so......
    I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid -John Gotti

?

I added a pic for the re-colour mod in the title screen a while ago. It doesn't really mean anything in regards to compatibility, since there's nothing that could conflict with it.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Yes the logo just says to you that my Recolour mod is working fine and is activated. Nothing else. Only potential thing it could do is rewrite other logo of some other mod, but thats really all :-)

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Semisalis

Thanks, as always. Love your mods btw. Without them I would have stopped at 150 hours

Hi Anton, wonderful mod! I do have a few odd sound bugs to report related to certain sets of minors when used alongside Darthmod (using the most recent 4.2 update, non-launcher version with .pack files).

Minors set 1: bow ashigaru have a gunpowder firing sound effect (matchlock/rifle); bow samurai and bow heroes fire with the normal effect.
    Minors set 2: no issues with any bow units or matchlock samurai.
    Minors set 3: no issues with any bow units (didn't test matchlocks).
    Minors set 4: no issues with any bow units or matchlock samurai.
    Minors set 5: bow samurai and bow heroes have a gunpowder firing sound effect (matchlock/rifle); bow ashigaru fire with the normal effect.

I tried reordering the placement of the minors line in the script file -- this didn't fix the issue.

I'm not sure why only two of the sets have this problem, but perhaps it's something you could look into if you release an updated version of this mod.

Thanks again, I couldn't imagine being limited to only the major factions in my campaigns!

I should say that this is an excellent mod. Great work here. I have restarted the Campaign and found the same error as before: unable to build Naginata units. Let me know if you find anything out.

First of all I would like to say great mod and well done. I do have one question however. My friend and I are doing a co-op campaign and I am playing as Sagara he is Kitbatake. When fighting a battle my units have Shimazu flags since Sagara replaces Shimazu and his guys have Oda flags. However on his screen all the units have their own clans flags so I was wondering why mine is messed up and his isnt and if there is a way to fix it.