Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available

Anton93 Yes legal game. Now is working. I have the update 4. Thanks and + rep

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    Yeah. I'm thinking of trying a VH/L Ashikaga campaign with DMS and the UAI mod. I am going to get owned. Royally . But for now, I started a VH Otomo campaign. I even got to see one of the new siege maps!

Regarding the Ryuzoji clan. I made a few details as to how to reverse my clan-swapping in my overhaul mod here. Reversing that, looking at my custom clan tutorial here and even studying the files in my individual Nagao overhaul here (Carthago, have you looked at that yet? I remember you asked) will push you in the right direction. I occasionally remember that I do intend to write out a decent tutorial, but with time constraints it just never gets done .
    I tried out a L Honma and a VH Ashikaga well with the shoguns it was a massacre but i was on the wrong end

My net has gone down in the weekend, but it's up and running again so i'll see into your tutorials and try my best

Also i'll try out your new updates if i'll have neough time.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Mod is really awesome, but took only a quick peek into so far still 2 campaigns ongoing, which I really need to finish first. Tried Otomo though 'slightly' underestimated Shimazu, which steamrolled just a lil' bit...

Oh, and works great in combination with DMS !

[edit: seems I rep'ed you already; might be even another project of yours as I can't in this thread]
    Last edited by valky; October 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

vermicious knid's Avatar Ducenarius

I know it's not considered polite to ask a magician how the tricks of his trade are performed, however ... ?

I'd be interested in knowing how to change one or two factions, say Tokugawa to Imagawa, rather than having an entire new set of minor factions being made available.

Would you ever consider writing a tutorial or brief outline detailing the required changes, in order to, accomplish the task?
    Last edited by vermicious knid; October 24, 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    Anton93 Yes legal game. Now is working. I have the update 4. Thanks and + rep
    Great to hear! Enjoy your new campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise90 View Post
    I tried out a L Honma and a VH Ashikaga well with the shoguns it was a massacre but i was on the wrong end

My net has gone down in the weekend, but it's up and running again so i'll see into your tutorials and try my best

Also i'll try out your new updates if i'll have neough time.
    Sorry to hear about your internet, Blaise. Having personally succeeded in every campaign I started minus my poorly executed first Ikko-ikki campaign, I think a VH Ashikaga campaign would seriously test that .

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    Mod is really awesome, but took only a quick peek into so far still 2 campaigns ongoing, which I really need to finish first. Tried Otomo though 'slightly' underestimated Shimazu, which steamrolled just a lil' bit...

Oh, and works great in combination with DMS !

[edit: seems I rep'ed you already; might be even another project of yours as I can't in this thread]
    Good to have an account of compatibility with DMS.

I was lucky at the start of my Otomo campaign: I allied myself with the Ito, Sagara and eventually the Ouchi and pushed all of my forces against the Shoni. Naturally, given my campaign is on VH, the Ito have betrayed me.

My one concern is that when I fully deploy trade ships to the three trade nodes I occupy, I will easily be able to afford the Otomo Black Ship. I didn't intend for it to be an easy purchase. I might have to really push up the recruitment and upkeep costs. We'll see how it goes .

Quote Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
    I know it's not considered polite to ask a magician how the tricks of his trade are performed, however ... ?

I'd be interested in knowing how to change one or two factions, say Tokugawa to Imagawa, rather than having an entire new set of minor factions being made available.

Would you ever consider writing a tutorial or brief outline detailing the required changes, in order to, accomplish the task?
    In this case, I'm happy to. As I noted before, though, it's just time. It's probably quicker for me to just mod this stuff than actually explain it with a whole lot of detail. If there is demand for it, I'm happy to say I'm willing. Just give me some time, though .

Regarding wanting just one available. The thing is, if you did intend to start a major clan campaign, I would not recommend you start a campaign with that particular mod installed, simply because it forces that campaign to be dependent on the mod, as per the method of creation. For a similar reason, I have removed the Hattori and Ikko-ikki from possibly showing up for DLC users .

------

I have a request for any modding-inclined TWC member that can actually change the victory provinces. I have tried S2C; it happily de-compiled the .esf, I swapped out a few regions in a few different victory conditions .xml files (I went through and changed all victory region sets), but it refuses to re-compile. It just uses the data from the pre-existing startpos.esf! So, if someone has had success here, could you seriously consider helping me out?
    Last edited by Akaie; October 24, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

vermicious knid's Avatar Ducenarius

A few points ...

I was interested in knowing the process or the changes required, since part of the experience of modding (reward) is learning how to alter a particular aspect of the game. I completely understand that writing a tutorial could be time prohobitive.

Imo, and for the sake of historical veracity only, the Imagawa and not the Tokugawa should have been preferred as a major clan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu

The Tokugawa as a clan arguably didn't even exist until 1567 some 22 years after the games 1545 start date. I know a minor point, why let historical facts interfere with game mechanics. Anyway ... this overlooked ... cough ... cough ... small historical detail always toasted my cookies and was why I made many a failed attempt at modding that which thus far only you have been successful.

Congratulations and much rep.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I'd love to see the Hattori playable
    I don't know how hard these things is to do, so I won't stress anything. It's an awesome mod, and cudos to you for making it!
    Cheers!
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
    A few points ...

I was interested in knowing the process or the changes required, since part of the experience of modding (reward) is learning how to alter a particular aspect of the game. I completely understand that writing a tutorial could be time prohobitive.

Imo, and for the sake of historical veracity only, the Imagawa and not the Tokugawa should have been preferred as a major clan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu

The Tokugawa as a clan arguably didn't even exist until 1567 some 22 years after the games 1545 start date. I know a minor point, why let historical facts interfere with game mechanics. Anyway ... this overlooked ... cough ... cough ... small historical detail always toasted my cookies and was why I made many a failed attempt at modding that which thus far only you have been successful.

Congratulations and much rep.
    You are absolutely right there. My standing theory on this is that they wanted popular bits of the sengoku period at 1545. So, even though Uesugi Kenshin and the Uesugi clan should have been Nagao Kagetora and the Nagao clan, and the Tokugawa Matsudaira, they are not. All for popularity. And may I say, it worked. There was a guy on my overhaul thread that questioned why I changed the Uesugi to Nagao. He heard of the Uesugi, but had no clue as to what the Nagao was .

Quote Originally Posted by BrodY View Post
    I'd love to see the Hattori playable
    I don't know how hard these things is to do, so I won't stress anything. It's an awesome mod, and cudos to you for making it!
    Cheers!
    +rep
    Unfortunately, SEGA would assassinate me. Not really, but the only way to get that would be through the LE edition. Don't despair, though. If modern DLC practices reveal anything its that if a business can make a profit somewhere, they will. It wouldn't suprise me if the LE DLC is sold sometime in the future, along with the Battle of Kawagoe.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, well... I did want to be able to play Ikko Ikki before, and hey! They released that one, so maybe it'll come in a future DLC as you said ^^
    Thanks anyway. Still awesome job

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    Great to hear! Enjoy your new campaigns.

Sorry to hear about your internet, Blaise. Having personally succeeded in every campaign I started minus my poorly executed first Ikko-ikki campaign, I think a VH Ashikaga campaign would seriously test that .

Hello there,

I'm working on the clan and let's say it goes smoothly(changed banners/clan colors/campaign texts etc.), However I encountered 2 interesting problems. If you can give me advice, I would be glad.

-I have changed the faction button on the main clan select screen, but I cannot get rid of the buttons "background". I tried to extract the Shoni button and just change the button itself, but in the end the brown background still remains.. I tried to photoshop the button and delete the background then it won't load.

-My other problem is maybe a bit more interesting. I tried the clan in battle too to see if the clan colors/banners are right etc. And the colors and banners were mostly right, but i encountered a strange thing-> the banners above the soldiers and the color of their uniform were modified, but on their back they got Otomo infantry flags. Could be that you by chance left the Otomo flag on their back in this pack or is this a bug or something that I triggered somehow? -> The conclusion from this is that where can I change the infantry flag on their backs?

Nvm,
    Thank you for your patience and hard work!

Anyone come across any bugs other than the wrong daimyo's? Personally, I have found a text oversight on my part. In the clan management menu I'm figuring every minor clan now refers to themselves as "The <major clan name> Clan" or "The <major clan name> Shogunate". Also, the bits of text that say "You are attacking a force of <clan> defenders" or "You are defending against a force of <clan> attackers" or something like that; they mention the incorrect clan name. I have started updating the packs. I'll take the opportunity to update the Otomo with the unit variant I created, as well as my spelling mistake with the "Omoto" .

Any of these updates will be save-game compatible.

------

-I have changed the faction button on the main clan select screen, but I cannot get rid of the buttons "background". I tried to extract the Shoni button and just change the button itself, but in the end the brown background still remains.. I tried to photoshop the button and delete the background then it won't load.
    In data.pack > ui > frontend ui > skins you have obviously come across the clan-specific buttons. There are six of the particular buttons you want. The Chosokabe buttons, for example, are named "button_chosokabe_active.tga", "button_chosokabe_down.tga" and so on. If you open one of these in Photoshop, somewhere to the right of the PS window there should be a box that has the tabs "layers", "channels" and "paths". In "channels" you'll note an alpha channel. The black parts tell any program using the file that the pixels relative to it are to be null and void, making it partially transparent. Conversely, the whie pixels tell a program to show fully show them. Any shade of grey makes the image changes the opacity of the image.

To the image itself. I won't go into what effects you should use, but I will suggest you use the 64x64pxl icons from data.pack > ui > flags. The best way I have made use of those vanilla clan selection buttons is by copying those 64x64 icons (resized to 54x54, btw) over each of the button variants, tweaking the brightness and applying the pucker tool so when the game loads the files, they make a convincing button.

-My other problem is maybe a bit more interesting. I tried the clan in battle too to see if the clan colors/banners are right etc. And the colors and banners were mostly right, but i encountered a strange thing-> the banners above the soldiers and the color of their uniform were modified, but on their back they got Otomo infantry flags. Could be that you by chance left the Otomo flag on their back in this pack or is this a bug or something that I triggered somehow? -> The conclusion from this is that where can I change the infantry flag on their backs?
    The crests on the sashimono banners are defined in the "faction_banners" table in the fourth-last column. The entry in that column is relative to mons > <faction name>. Most are located in models2.pack. So, using the Chosokabe as an example, entering "chosokabe" in the fourth-last colomn of a row makes the game use the .dds files inside "models2.pack > variantmodels > chosokabe".

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Dont kill me but I didnt get where the "set - pack " file should go ?

Fantastic Job by the way ! + rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Dont kill me but I didnt get where the "set - pack " file should go ?

Fantastic Job by the way ! + rep
    The .pack file should be placed in Shogun 2's data folder.

It is commonly found here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Make sure that you don't extract more than one .pack file at a time .

---

I copied what I wrote above in my original post.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Alright , thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Good to have an account of compatibility with DMS.

I was lucky at the start of my Otomo campaign: I allied myself with the Ito, Sagara and eventually the Ouchi and pushed all of my forces against the Shoni. Naturally, given my campaign is on VH, the Ito have betrayed me.

My one concern is that when I fully deploy trade ships to the three trade nodes I occupy, I will easily be able to afford the Otomo Black Ship. I didn't intend for it to be an easy purchase. I might have to really push up the recruitment and upkeep costs. We'll see how it goes .
    Only one 'tiny tiny tiny' difference from vanilla to DMS ... Shimazu Katana can be built in 1 turn - so you might get a clue, why I got steamrolled (and yes, the AI is highly focused to built them! on hard/vh)
    It's different with a clan, which isn't in contact with shimazu for at least 5+ years, but with Otomo it's not ^^

But I currently stick to 'hard' ..beaten the game up to legendary and playing just for fun now. Didn't touched vanilla-shogun for ages, so I really don't know, what the AI is up to there. The new DMS melee-combat-system is insane+fun

Anyway, can't wait to see more changes/bonus to other 'minor' clans, only chose Otomo, cause I never adapted Christianity with any clan (but this will be finished too in like 2-3 provinces in one of my campaigns ^^)

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Only one 'tiny tiny tiny' difference from vanilla to DMS ... Shimazu Katana can be built in 1 turn - so you might get a clue, why I got steamrolled (and yes, the AI is highly focused to built them! on hard/vh)
    It's different with a clan, which isn't in contact with shimazu for at least 5+ years, but with Otomo it's not ^^

But I currently stick to 'hard' ..beaten the game up to legendary and playing just for fun now. Didn't touched vanilla-shogun for ages, so I really don't know, what the AI is up to there. The new DMS melee-combat-system is insane+fun

Anyway, can't wait to see more changes/bonus to other 'minor' clans, only chose Otomo, cause I never adapted Christianity with any clan (but this will be finished too in like 2-3 provinces in one of my campaigns ^^)
    That's odd. The Shimazu shouldn't have Shimazu Katana; those previously Shimazu-specific Katana Samurai should have gone to the clan that is replaced by the Shimazu in each of the packs. Hmm .

But I suppose I was lucky there. In my campaign the Ito steam-rolled them instead .

I'll see what decent things I can come up. Hopefully I'll thing of a few things before I roll out the next set of updates.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    That's odd. The Shimazu shouldn't have Shimazu Katana; those previously Shimazu-specific Katana Samurai should have gone to the clan that is replaced by the Shimazu in each of the packs. Hmm .
    Now you've made me puzzling, the bad thing I can't check as I recently deleted the savegames, but I'm pretty sure it was Shimazu, which knocked at my door in Bungo. Didn't allied with Ito either and they 'vanished' after some time. And I never paid attention what he was up to cause I had several troubles in the northern area.
    I'm confused and will give it another try anyway, though I should start playing RotS too...hah! so much stuff to test/play and way to little time!

Set 1 updated!

-Future text polishing where the clan would be incorrectly referred to right before a battle and in the clan management section.
    -Unique daimyo's and somewhat appropriate unit cards for the Saito, Mogami, Imagawa and Ashina.
    -The introductory videos for each of the major clans will not show for this set; at this point, you would've played a few clans and thus figured it is more of a time waister. Maybe I'll put together a single video for all clans or even a unique video for each clan. My focuses are more about making sure all bugs in game have been dealt with before polishing the minor clans to that extent.

The daimyo that I didn't change looked more common than the others, so I didn't concern myself with those too much. It's not like I have much to go on for an alternative anyway.

This update should be save-game compatible, but keep the second-latest version around if you want to be sure of it.

-----

Now you've made me puzzling, the bad thing I can't check as I recently deleted the savegames, but I'm pretty sure it was Shimazu, which knocked at my door in Bungo. Didn't allied with Ito either and they 'vanished' after some time. And I never paid attention what he was up to cause I had several troubles in the northern area.
    I'm confused and will give it another try anyway, though I should start playing RotS too...hah! so much stuff to test/play and way to little time!
    Not to worry. I'm sure someone will point something out if there's a definite problem.

Yeah I should start ROTS, too. It's funny, actually. After getting new content and all, I'm actually getting more game play out of the original campaign .

-----

While you were all engrossed in your minor clan campaigns - what else would you all be doing?! Work? Pah! - I re-branded the mod. It is now known as "Shogun 2: Total Clans".
    Last edited by Akaie; October 28, 2011 at 09:43 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - An 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

I don't like the equivalency between a picture and 1000 words. Too precise. I do, however, believe a picture renders a relevant description redundant. I have an image, and it needs little explanation:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Using the same technique, I made the Gempei Ashikaga playable.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 29, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - An 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

This is no spam...

I can't speak english...;;;

I'm sorry you have mistaken as spam.
    Last edited by UENO; October 30, 2011 at 12:28 AM.