Thread: Uniformology LESSON 1 - Bombardiers de la Marine (units preview)

Default Uniformology LESSON 1 - Bombardiers de la Marine (units preview)

UNIFORMOLOGY - Lesson 1
    BOMBARDIERS DE LA MARINE:
    UNITS PREVIEW

Between the various faction previews I will also released a short presentation - uniformology lessons. This is the first of them. I decided to present a unit little-known but have interesting uniforms.

The Bombardiers de la Marine were the elite corp of the French Navy. They existed from the late seventeenth century to the 80s eighteenth century. In 1692, two companies were created: one in Brest and one in Toulon. A third company was created in Rochefort in 1694. The Bombardiers de la Marine wore a red coat with blue facings. Below I present the uniforms of this unit.

Caps:

1. UNITS:

Bombardier, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03:

Sergeant, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03:

Corporal, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1703:

Sergeant, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1703:

Bombardier, 1715:

Sergeant, 1715:

Bombardier, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1731:

2. SOURCES:

Bombardiers de la Marine: Brest & Rochefort, 1701-03 (drawn by Robert Hall)

Compagnie de Rochefort: Corporal, 1703 & Bombardier, 1731 (drawn by Michel Petard):

Bombardiers de la Marine, 1701-03, 1715 and 1731 (drawn by Eugene Leliepvre):

Bombardier, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03 & Sergeant, 1715 (the collection assembled by H. J. Vinkhuijzen):

Bombardiers de la Marine: Brest & Rochefort, 1701-03 (Musée national de la Marine):

Bombardier and Corporal, 1715 (Anne S. K. Brown Military Collection):

Sergeant, 1715 & Bombardier, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1731 (Anne S. K. Brown Military Collection):

CREDITS:

King Louise Assurbanipal:
    previews creator; chief modeler and skinner

Lordz: some elements of textures & models

Ogniem i Mieczem: some elements of textures & models

Sources: Eugene Leliepvre, Michel Petard, Robert Hall, H. J. Vinkhuijzen, Anne S. K. Brown & Musée national de la Marine

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; May 29, 2012 at 04:44 AM.

Default Re: Uniformology LESSON 1 - Bombardiers de la Marine (units preview)

Hi. I answer the outstanding private messages and entries in the profile. I have a large backlog. Soon faction preview - France.

units do not need to do to set razdlichnyh dates 1701, 1715, 1731
    They then will be difficult to use in the game.
    Last edited by vadim1; October 10, 2011 at 02:14 AM.

This isn't preview to mod EW. This is lesson of uniformology. In game will be one unit of Bombardiers de la Marine.
    ''razdlichnyh''
    What is this?
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; October 10, 2011 at 06:33 AM.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Very good work
    You can use the belt from NPI French infantry or French "Grenadiers à Cheval" for sword.
    Note that "Grenadiers à cheval" model will need only slights modifications to be use for early XVIIIth century.

As I'm working on an early XVIIIth French infantry model for IS3, maybe will you interesting in ?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Work in progress :
    I have to add a new tricorn, new belts and cartridge pouch, new hairs, etc. The model is not finished yet...

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Nice, but when will be full preview?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Amazing stuff indeed, too bad the engine of RTW doesn't allow for more unit variances so that all these beautiful uniforms can be present in game.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I approve

I do have one question though: any information on uniforms after 1750? IIRC the unit was still in existence right up to the revolution. do any sources mention this?

it would be an interesting thing to see indeed.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Sorry friends, but I reskinned all of these type units I know. I don't have more sources.