Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: CLOSED (Nap:AoW) Napoleon: Art of War

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default CLOSED (Nap:AoW) Napoleon: Art of War

CLOSED
    Last edited by Dee Jay; March 14, 2012 at 03:38 AM.

Default Re: Napoleon: Art of War ***A Realism Modification for Napoleon: Total War***

Beta v.1 will be released tomorrow. Please comment on what you think of it.

Default Re: Napoleon: Art of War ***A Realism Modification for Napoleon: Total War***

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    Please comment on what you think of it.
    Best Mod Out There Period! Napoleon: Art of War Fans Battalion FORWARD!

Hey

Im the visual effects modder on Napoleon: Art of War. We are trying to make most realistic smoke mod as possible so plz send me your feedback and historical information, videos or idk anything to help us improve our mod. Your help will be much appreciated.

Here's a screenshot of my progress:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks
    Last edited by v_V-_CaNgRy_-V_v; October 09, 2011 at 01:02 AM.

YEAH Cangry is the visual effects guy for this mod. And just to let everyone know, that picture doesn't show how good the smoke effects are in game, play a game of the mod and watch the troops shoot and it looks SO DAMN SWEET!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, thats the team so far, Me, Sharpe and Cangry

I'm uploading the first version of the mod now, BECAUSE I CAN'T WAIT!!!! It will have my old battle mechanics mod in it, Cangry's latest visual effects, and a few mini mods in there.

Sharpe will be working on his own version of the mod, pretty much the only differences will be - He wont be using the 2:1 scale, instead just the regular 1:1 scale, and he will have smaller unit sizes. That's pretty much the only difference, I think....
    Last edited by Dee Jay; October 09, 2011 at 03:28 AM.

HERE IS THE FIRST BETA!!!!!!!!!!

only 30 MB

If you can, play it with another person, it is MUCH more fun then with the AI

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Good day gentleman.

I have no other mod in the game only this beta is active.Have played only single battle.French against Bavaria.First i must say i love the smoke and sound of guns-cannons.But the cannons won´t fire carracas shots at longer range(althoug the fire line allows it).I have send one unit of Infanterie legere with the highest experience level to fight with one unit of bavarian militia.The soldiers have stucked in the low forrest and trees.Finnaly as they came to the possible fire range they have not landed one single shot even at closer range.But the militia has decimated them in few minutes.Face to face fireing the militia has killed a half of my men and my men killed about 4-5 men of militia.I dont know how this mod is with single battles just want to share my impressions.

Sounds like an unlucky situation

Your troops might have been very tired, their fatigue represents cohesion and musket effecetiveness as well, so if they were tierd they would have been very inaccurate.

And what is carracas shot? Is it one of the howitzers shots?

yes

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post

And what is carracas shot? Is it one of the howitzers shots?
    Yes sorry.Editing-carcas or canister shot.I have a czech language pack in game so some words i have to translate But your right the unit was exhousted.As they stucked in the trees and forrest i gave them the order to run.(yes its also said in the title (Realism)).

HAHA ok, thanks for the feedback as well

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1653

Thats the link to our multiplayer mod group

nvm
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; October 15, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Are these drop in files or do we need to edit our user.script? If we need to edit the user.script, is there any particular order to list the pack files? A little installation guideance would be appreciated....

Hey guys, I have a battle report to add later today. Also a little propaganda for the mod as it is excellent. I also tried 1:1 scale version but my game crashes every time it launches so not sure yet the issue. The 2:1 scale version I played I was suprised as the AI fought hard and even last second square on me a few times. I hopefully will have a battle report video sometime today. Also the mod is campaign ready so go check it out as I really feel it is the best Napoleonic simulation mod there is.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    Are these drop in files or do we need to edit our user.script? If we need to edit the user.script, is there any particular order to list the pack files? A little installation guideance would be appreciated....
    I'll have your question answered shortly.

EDIT: Yes you need user script and needs to be first on the user script if you have any other mods.
    Last edited by v_V-_CaNgRy_-V_v; December 27, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks!

Sorry about the installation, I just figured everyone use the mod manager. Great to here that the campaign's good even though we haven't really directly done anything to it yet.

Not sure why there is a crash it works fine for me. Try taking all mods out of your data folder and doing a verity integraty of game files then put the mods back in. ( on sendspace it says that nobody downloaded the 1to1 version)

Great to here you like it.
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; October 09, 2011 at 08:22 PM.

Sorry about the installation, I just figured everyone use the mod manager. Great to here that the campaign's good even though we haven't really directly done anything to it yet.

Not sure why there is a crash it works fine for me. Try taking all mods out of your data folder and doing a verity integraty of game files then put the mods back in. ( on sendspace it says that nobody downloaded the 1to1 version)

Great to here you like it.
    I downloaded the 1:1v just havent been able to get it to work. I am going to redownload again later to see if something just happend the first time.

Fixed, it was my bad, both links went to the 2 to 1 version.

Fixed, it was my bad, both links went to the 2 to 1 version.
    Sweet downloading now

Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast