Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TMW] The Lion's roar - a Venetian AAR

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [TMW] The Lion's roar - a Venetian AAR

Chapter V. The battle of Corinth

Venice is still weak at sea, being defeated by the Byzantines three times, near the Isthmus of Corinth, in the Aegean and in the Ionian.
    The Kingdom of Léon, forced on its knees by the ravage brought by the Jihad, agrees to end the war becoming vassal of the Almoravid Caliphate.
    The Pope calls the Second Crusade on the Hungarian city of Esztergom, the Holy Roman Empire and the Kingdom of Léon immediately joining in.
    While war between France and England breaks out again, the Venetians approach Corinth and lay siege to the fortress.
    In the same time, eighty Knights Templar sail off from Ragusa and land in the poor-garrisoned Byzantine Crete, with the intent of taking the militia by surprise; local farmers, however, inform the Greek soldiers, who close the gates, thus ending in an ordinary siege.

England is excommunicated by the Pope, while its enemy, France, allies with the German emperor.
    The valiant general Almorò da Pola dies, all the nation is in mourning.
    Though being again utterly crushed at sea, the Venetians are increasingly conquering Byzantine lands.
    The Cretan garrison attacks the enemy.

A single charge makes the enemy flee, a single Knight being lost.

In the Peloponnese, the general Prousenos Botaneiates rushes into aid of the garrison in Corinth, led by Vasalmon Loukites.
    A great mass of horse archers heads against the Venetians, shooting arrows against the enemy.

The Knights Templar charge in order to disperse the Greeks, but these are very numerous and stand still, fighting. The Venetian captain is one of the first to fall.

The enemy infantry marches forward and a bloody hand-to-hand fighting soon begins.

The Venetian centre soon collapse, fleeing. The wings still fight, until the enemy commander joins the battle.

Prousenos is eventually killed by the demoralized Italians, who start to gain the upper hand on the enemy.
    The Templars on the flanks are surrounded and slaughtered.

Seeing their best men killed or routed, the Venetian footmen flee.
    The crossbowmen, the last troops that still fight, retreat neatly, but are charged by the Greek cavalry and routed. The battle is lost.

Last edited by Grymloq; December 30, 2011 at 05:16 AM.

Unfortunately for an unknown reason all my saves (vanilla, kingdoms and mods) have been deleted. I am sorry to say that this AAR ends here.

Oh no! I was about to post a triumphant HUZZAH! for the return this AAR, but then I read the second message

Well, rest assured it was a very exciting and interesting tale during its life and it shall be remembered fondly in death.

(Seriously though, thank you so much for giving the mod a little bit more publicity!)

Latin Knight's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Grymloq View Post
    Unfortunately for an unknown reason all my saves (vanilla, kingdoms and mods) have been deleted. I am sorry to say that this AAR ends here.
    Wut... finished, already... i discovered this AAR today, and was enjoying it very much. Venice doesn't receives justice it deserves!

Nevertheless, liked your style, Grimloq, and am looking foward to your next AAR (just a suggestion, perhaps after finishing each play you could copy the save file and paste in a separate (i.e. C:/documents) folder, so as to prevent any future troubles.

Of course, +rep for you!

Thanks Latin Knight! I was thinking of writing another AAR with a different mod (sorry Knin ) and to try a different way of writing, such as making the story of a single character or something like this

noooo, this AAR was epic

That was looking very promising, good luck with all your future AAR ventures love the Venetians too.. cool looking mod as well
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Thanks a lot guys

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

Excellent AAR, shame it had to end so soon. +rep
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Great AAR mate if only your saves hadnt disappeared

Thanks!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Or you continue this AAR, or I'll start a new one in which The Most Serene Republic of Genoa erases, destroys and annihilates the town of Venice! Yes, you're right, this is a direct threat!

Ah Diocle, this is not possible for two main reasons:

1) The savegame has been lost (NOOOOO! )
    2) Genoa can never defeat Venice

For this AAR I was hoping Genoa to be more aggressive in order to have a Genoese-Venetian war for overseas settlements, but sadly this did not happened!

Damn shame for those erased saves, I was looking forward to see Venice taste some Norman steel

Thanks! I guess it could have been a balanced fight with those pesky Sicilians

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12