Thread: Nuclear Armstrong guns

Default Nuclear Armstrong guns

I created this simple mod that turns Armstrong gun cannonballs into miniature nukes. These cannonballs have 200 speed, 200 damage and and an explosive radius of 200. They are obviously overpowered, so I don't expect many people would want to use these units in a campaign. On the other hand, the AI can use these units, so it might make the late game kind of interesting.

Now watch these guns decimate Tarajo Castle:

ArmstrongNukeArtillery.zip

Default Re: Nuclear Armstrong guns

If you thought 4 nukes per unit was a lot, take a look at what 16 nukes per unit can do!

This mod increases the number of cannonballs fired per Armstrong gun from 1 to 4, turning it into something like a MIRV or a cluster bomb. I actually decreased the nukes' radii by half, but it still causes a ton of damage.

Download:
    ClusterNukesMod.zip

And here's a GIF of the obliteration:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jon_the_XII; March 14, 2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added GIF

Another note I want to add is that unlike in the base game, this mod allows Armstrong guns to shoot over the wall. To do that, I modified the projectiles_table, setting max_elevation to 45 and trajectory_sight to fixed. It turns out max_elevation refers to the projectile's angle, not the maximum height above ground. A weird quirk with this method though is that the Armstrong gun can only aim at enemy units inside the castle. If I try to aim the gun at a random spot on the ground in the castle courtyard, the game will tell me that the line of sight is blocked.
    Last edited by Jon_the_XII; March 13, 2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Previous post corrected embed

"Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to modern warfare!!!" - BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
    This is what i need to use when Daimyo clan refuse refuse to accept marriage request
    Do u have idea to make other weapon ? like gatling become super gun 1 shot take a row of men etc... like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by phuc96125 View Post
    Do u have idea to make other weapon ? like gatling become super gun 1 shot take a row of men etc... like that ?
    A nuclear Gatling Gun? Hmmm, I'm not sure if my computer will able to handle that

But now that you mentioned it, I think I might look into that.

Not too big as Nuclear, may be a Laze gatling gun is good choice. Shogun 2 have Heavy gunner unit which 1 shot take down 3-4 unit , so make laze gatling gun take down double or 10-12 unit per shot

Here's a video showing how the obliteration of of Fushimi Castle by cluster bombs look like from 6 different locations:

baselhun's Avatar Civis

making gattling gun projectiles body piercing should do the job.

how do get this mod to unlock