Thread: Napoleon just won't load for campaign and battles.

Default Napoleon just won't load for campaign and battles.

Hi all. Recently got a new laptop and am trying to play Napoleon with it.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...tent-_-text-_-

It initially didn't work but I switched the settings from using the nVidia Card to Integrated Graphics. At this point, I loaded the NTC mod which worked, and later the L'montee mod which didn't work. I got rid of the latter mod and was able to still play the NTC mod for a while. The next time, it wouldn't work and neither would vanilla so I uninstalled the game and redownloaded off of Steam. However, now I cannot start anything still and have searched for solutions but none have worked so far. Additionally, when I verify my game it says that 1 file is missing and will be reacquired each time I verify and the max space the game takes is at 20,921MB which I believe is wrong.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Napoleon just won't load for campaign and battles.

The game should not cause any problems on the GT520 M. Are drivers up to date?
    Did you remove all traces of both NTW and the mods you used before re-install? There is a chance that any left-over files/folders might cause these problems. And, I see that it is a Steam version (no dvd). That makes things a little less fun, as 20 odd GB is not wrong, so, before re-install, use Steam to make a backup of the (vanilla only) game files. If need be, put it on a dvd, or a seperate hdd, to avoid having to download the entire thing again.
    I really can not give other advice, besides you waiting for Irishron to come by, than to remove all files trough Steam, then manually clean up left over files. Use the search-function in windows, make sure to search "Computer".

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

For one, the game file size sounds about right. It was right at 18.8gb when released. If you're hurting for disc space, oops.
    For two, I believe the 520m would have trouble with this game. Great for movies but the worst for a 3d engine of the 500 series. Run it off the integrated and start with low settings, small units, etc.
    For three, did it work before adding the mods? If not or don't know,delete them and their entries in the scripts folder, and verify your game cache, again.
    For four, Brig's Render's mod maybe what you're looking for.

1. Just checking because something seemed wrong.

2. I've managed to run the default settings with the 520M the first time I got it to work and with integrated graphics. It just doesn't work now and it's not the graphics.

3. Yeah, I fixed the graphics problem the first time and played a couple battles to make sure things were okay. Installed NTC and that worked for a while before it stopped working. Uninstalled and redownloaded but now it's not working at all. Reinstalled 3 times now so I don't think I had a bad install.

4. What exactly is that for sorry?

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

I assume you're running windows 7 or vista, so go to your search box on the start menu (sorry the "orb" menu) and type in %appdata% and press enter or click search, whatever...

Your user application data folder will open, sonow go into the The Creative Assembly folder and rename the Napoleon folder to something like Napoleon.old or whatever

have steam verify your NTW file one more time, then try launching vanilla again (the napoleon folder will be recreated when you start the game)

see if that helps

EDIT: and work in a reboot somewhere before starting vanilla

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 06, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Strangely, it works without me doing anything now...

Thank you tentatively for your suggestions. Despite the gaming working now, I anticipate coming back soon due to the finicky way the game works. I hope you will bear with me if I require more assistance.

Come back when necessary.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Troop View Post
    Strangely, it works without me doing anything now...

Thank you tentatively for your suggestions. Despite the gaming working now, I anticipate coming back soon due to the finicky way the game works. I hope you will bear with me if I require more assistance.
    I've talked to several people were just a reboot is all they needed, like something was hung in memory
    example:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10423091

some say they had the trouble after a "myster patch"

hip63