Thread: Steam

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Steam

How would you play this mod if you were using Steam? I have the RTW: Gold Edition
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Default Re: Steam

I have no idea, I really don't know much about Steam. Basically, I think you don't need to apply the patch and, you must place the mod folder and write the shortcut direction in the right path.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Alright thanks
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Hi,

i can't get the mod to run. I tried the steam version, copied the mod as it was described and started Rome with the parameters given in the batch file. Rome starts but looks exactly like the original exept that every option at the start says someting about "choose an option from the list" when trying to start a campaign. Only the last option leads to an scenario without description starting in 1AD - but doesn't start (choose an option from the list" again).
    Starting with the batch-file directly doesn't work either, it only says cannot find steam...
    What am i doing wrong?
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by kbrandho View Post
    Hi,

i can't get the mod to run. I tried the steam version, copied the mod as it was described and started Rome with the parameters given in the batch file. Rome starts but looks exactly like the original exept that every option at the start says someting about "choose an option from the list" when trying to start a campaign. Only the last option leads to an scenario without description starting in 1AD - but doesn't start (choose an option from the list" again).
    Starting with the batch-file directly doesn't work either, it only says cannot find steam...
    What am i doing wrong?
    Klaus
    Nobody?

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to modding and I recently realized I own, but have never tried out, RTW:BI so I am just beginning to play it for the first time. I wanted to install this mod (I use steam) and I modified the wording to read as follows:

Target: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:rog -show_err -nm

Start in: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold"

When I click on the ROG MOD icon, I get an application error saying failed to find steam. My browser then takes me to the Steam homepage. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance for any help!

I really don't know - you should post it in the IBFD sub-forum, because it shares composition and basics, and the same problem will be applicable there I suppose.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS