Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    In my opinion the it is not true. M&B doesn't need more in depth politics or RPG features.
    If someone wants to mod them in, it will happen. (just see for example the policies of Sword of Damocles).

M&B is a fighting game, and the developers should focus on fighting. That means better usage of system resources (less lag), more scene props, more weapon models, more clothing models, and perhaps extra modding tools.
    It's not a fighting game, it's an open world game set in a Medieval period integrating both RPG elements and the fighting. Mount and Blade would be a very boring SP game without the other features, as it is it gets repetitive by the late game because it's just munching through hordes of no hopers. MP wise yes it is a fighting game but the SP is definitely not solely that. If it was it wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular even before Warband introduced MP.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How about buildable fortifications on maps like trenches, spikes, crude walls.

Domesticus

Good news, i hope it still retains the moddablity of the current game, with a more improved and optimized game engine.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Londinium View Post
    It's not a fighting game, it's an open world game set in a Medieval period integrating both RPG elements and the fighting. Mount and Blade would be a very boring SP game without the other features, as it is it gets repetitive by the late game because it's just munching through hordes of no hopers. MP wise yes it is a fighting game but the SP is definitely not solely that. If it was it wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular even before Warband introduced MP.

Yes, but these features will be added by modders anyway, there is no need to waste time on marriage for example.

Star Wars: added campaign map altering ships (which modify map speed, spotting, trade, etc.)
    Brytenwalda: scripts for sieges, looting
    War of Damocles: inner policies, mercenary bands

Also quests and new textures, music...

What is necessery as a base, is not new useless features like Warband's wife, but optimisation, modding tools, and 3D models. The rest is extra.

Yes, but these features will be added by modders anyway, there is no need to waste time on marriage for example.

Star Wars: added campaign map altering ships (which modify map speed, spotting, trade, etc.)
    Brytenwalda: scripts for sieges, looting
    War of Damocles: inner policies, mercenary bands

Also quests and new textures, music...

What is necessery as a base, is not new useless features like Warband's wife, but optimisation, modding tools, and 3D models. The rest is extra.
    Yeah but if we're going to pay out for a new Mount and Blade I'd want a lot more than just a new engine and modding tools. It doesn't take 2/3 years just to change the engine and add more modding tools. It'd be a bad sequel if it relied totally upon mods to introduce these things. Mods shouldn't take the place of creating better and larger games, they should fill in the gaps for what the developers didn't create.

Creating MB2 exactly the same as MB:W but with fancier graphics would be almost as bad as the yearly releases of sports game and totally poor value for money.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Ability to modify the in game development of cities, villages and fortresses.

Something along the lines of Total War games, where you can turn a village into a castle or a castle into a burg or so.

Improve the investment system so that you can actually become a Big Business man, buy lords and influence their decisions thourgh bribes or finance their campaings. The kind of stuff that would actually trouble Medieval Rulers back in the day.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

I would like to see more physics in sieges and overall gameplay, better animations and cameras (make the footfalls feel like footfalls, no walking up cliffs, more rough and tumble harder hit type stuff) and more umph when you hit someone with a weapon, at the moment it feels kind of...empty. Finally, more interaction with NPCs, on a level closer to TES, would be sweet. And more interactive shops and towns/villages. That would make it the ultimate game imo.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    Although the AI was never meant to handle battles with 2000 troops (did you actually mod that yourself?).
    That's why there's a cap at battle size 150. Anything beyond that is at own risk so to speak.
    I was playing a mod that had much larger battle sizes and then used the battle sizer which further multiplied it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonskij View Post
    Finally, more interaction with NPCs, on a level closer to TES, would be sweet. And more interactive shops and towns/villages. That would make it the ultimate game imo.
    Just say no to radiant 'AI' though. Have you seen a mudcrab?
    Last edited by Phier; October 23, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Protector Domesticus

More things to do would be nice, almost always get to the point were its just battle grind after another... it tends to lose that fun factor from the beginning of the game when you become a walking god of war.

An official Rome Mount & Blade would without hesitation blow my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    An official Rome Mount & Blade would without hesitation blow my mind!
    This is a good idea, I would love an 'other' era of play. Ancient would be the best I think. (Romans, Persians, Macedonians, Scythians, Gauls?)

This is a good idea, I would love an 'other' era of play. Ancient would be the best I think. (Romans, Persians, Macedonians, Scythians, Gauls?)
    Try TPW mod for Warband, it's already released.
    Judge from Nijis' past activity (he was a modder and hired by TW few years ago for his skills at modding the AI, incase some1 dont know - he released his unfinished works for Battle of Sicily mod which he couldn't finish due to loads of works at TW), I dared say that M&B 2 will have big improvements on its' strategy and tactical AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Try TPW mod for Warband, it's already released.
    Judge from Nijis' past activity (he was a modder and hired by TW few years ago for his skills at modding the AI, incase some1 dont know - he released his unfinished works for Battle of Sicily mod which he couldn't finish due to loads of works at TW), I dared say that M&B 2 will have big improvements on its' strategy and tactical AI.
    Thanks for the recommendation mate!
    Unfortunately I have given up on warband because it seems that Talewords don't plan to optimise their game. I will be back with M&B2!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Buildable fortifications, I really want epic sieges and I really want to create my own castle and then fight the respective battles.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I think what is most important to keep in mind is what makes M&B unique, that is the idea that a lot of the skill building is actual done inside the players head, not through a typical point system.

For example, if you want to get good at horse archery, you actually have to get good at horse archery through practice. In the same way the trading system in Warband meant you had to actually have a mental map of good trade routes, and have a knowledge of market prices (as opposed to the caravans of F&S which are just point and click).

I think it would be good to extend this sort of human-based experience to the upgrading of troops system, so that it no longer is just clicking "upgrade" when allowed. Hell, I might say get rid the upgrading all together and get something like Fire and sword's custom merc system. Likewise with castles and town management; don't make it click-button, force some creativity out of the player.

Also, this is more fuzzy, but I'd like the battles to be more broken down in someway so it is less chaotic. Right now, reinforcements plop in from thin air and meander into the fray, with battles often getting spread out over the entire map. I'd like something more focused and organized, like in sieges were the defenders might sally, or you have to finish off the inner defenses after the main battle. Maybe in field battles you pair up lords to fight each other in separate battles, with the victorious lords from either side matching up until all the lords of one side are eliminated.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Buildable fortifications, I really want epic sieges and I really want to create my own castle and then fight the respective battles.
    Count my vote to that too!
    Exept some central huge cities all the rest should be villages that their lord would build a castle near by and the player to
    when he gets his 1st village as reward.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wow. This is news to me. Fantastic news at that.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    I think what is most important to keep in mind is what makes M&B unique, that is the idea that a lot of the skill building is actual done inside the players head, not through a typical point system.

For example, if you want to get good at horse archery, you actually have to get good at horse archery through practice. In the same way the trading system in Warband meant you had to actually have a mental map of good trade routes, and have a knowledge of market prices (as opposed to the caravans of F&S which are just point and click).

I think it would be good to extend this sort of human-based experience to the upgrading of troops system, so that it no longer is just clicking "upgrade" when allowed. Hell, I might say get rid the upgrading all together and get something like Fire and sword's custom merc system. Likewise with castles and town management; don't make it click-button, force some creativity out of the player.

Also, this is more fuzzy, but I'd like the battles to be more broken down in someway so it is less chaotic. Right now, reinforcements plop in from thin air and meander into the fray, with battles often getting spread out over the entire map. I'd like something more focused and organized, like in sieges were the defenders might sally, or you have to finish off the inner defenses after the main battle. Maybe in field battles you pair up lords to fight each other in separate battles, with the victorious lords from either side matching up until all the lords of one side are eliminated.
    About the battles - I think a good system would be if both sides were allotted general deployment zones, and the player could then assign sectors to different lords, or, if alone, companions (to whom you should be able to transfer troops). Then you could assign general orders, like advance, hold, etc. to the other commanders, and command your own troops in more detail.

I would also love if you could make units, say, picking 20 of x, 10 of y and 5 of y and issue them orders, as well as more men (I don't mind crappy graphics) and being able to recruit troops by picking numbers by myself.

For some reason i like to see some highly effective heavy cavalry that is not "knightly" so to speak. It adds diversity and historical substance in the game .

Plus they can look really badass. Here have a Mongol Khergit Kheshig

I would like it if they implemented: (and yes I'm aware that some mods have already done this),

naval battles
    killable lords
    NPCs can rise to lord then to king etc, etc
    more political groups and alliances within a faction
    better sieges (burning oil, bulidings can be caught on fire, more siege equipment)
    no story like in WFAS
    voices for NPCs
    more things to do in a town
    assasin, thief, mecenairy, trade and religios guilds (that you can join and will give you missions and bonuses)
    more dialog features

more fantasy factions (elves, orks, dwarfs) face it, if it's going to be a fantasy game we should have some races.

better multiplayer modes

better ways to improve onces villages/castles/towns

and thats about it