Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer 40k storyline needs to change! Its getting stail!

Default Re: The Warhammer 40k storyline needs to change! Its getting stail!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Well not Fury Interceptors. Starhawk Bombers would do the job. And they go around crippling 40k ships all the time.

You also have to take into account the fact that some Imperial Torpedoes are bigger than Star Trek ships. Hell, even the Nova-Cannon's projectiles are bigger than most Star Trek ships.
    yeeeehh.

I like it dark, lights hurts my eyes. (seriously, I just want to put on my shades all the time)
    Just because the later rip off-ers like Halo or Star Craft just can't get as dark doesn't mean 40k has to lighten up. Back in the days, Imperium slaughtered countless alien races to extinction, this is merely a taste of their own poison. The Tau subject other races but didn't wipe them the same fashion the Imperium did. 40k has its charms & I like it this way. I'd noticed some changes in the lore like the height of the Space Marines & the calendar to be Christian, they had changed enough to attract mindless FPS fanboys. I would hate to see changes that will entirely decimate the entire identity of 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuryan View Post
    I like it dark, lights hurts my eyes. (seriously, I just want to put on my shades all the time)
    Just because the later rip off-ers like Halo or Star Craft just can't get as dark doesn't mean 40k has to lighten up. Back in the days, Imperium slaughtered countless alien races to extinction, this is merely a taste of their own poison. The Tau subject other races but didn't wipe them the same fashion the Imperium did. 40k has its charms & I like it this way. I'd noticed some changes in the lore like the height of the Space Marines & the calendar to be Christian, they had changed enough to attract mindless FPS fanboys. I would hate to see changes that will entirely decimate the entire identity of 40k.
    I don't think Halo and Starcraft were even trying to be dark. They are pretty standard sci-fi war stories.

Starcraft in particular is a horrible rip off of 40k but without the religious-fascist extremism. If you look at both Blizzard's central franchises they have heavy GW influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Londinium View Post
    Starcraft in particular is a horrible rip off of 40k but without the religious-fascist extremism. If you look at both Blizzard's central franchises they have heavy GW influence.
    Blizzard were contracted to make a 40K RTS, the deal fell through, then the oh-so-similar StarCraft & WarCraft games suddenly appeared. Not at all ripped off from GW.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

The original Warhammer Online ended up being made into World of Warcraft.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    The original Warhammer Online ended up being made into World of Warcraft.
    After the Starcraft debacle, you'd think GW wouldn't have been so trusting of Blizzard.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

I like to smell.

Odd that one of our numbers is purged and one that we thought was purged returned

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    Odd that one of our numbers is purged and one that we thought was purged returned
    Well, actually it is expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

It's seems the Warp is suffering from the favor of the week

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Behold, Bellus' plan to take over the Warhammer 40k TWC forum and get us all banned is in motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I don't think Halo and Starcraft were even trying to be dark. They are pretty standard sci-fi war stories.
    I know, but some people thinks of them as a rip off due to the looks & badassity of the Marines so meh
    but thanks for the clarify anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Asuryan View Post
    I know, but some people thinks of them as a rip off due to the looks & badassity of the Marines so meh
    but thanks for the clarify anyways
    The gaming community in general has been pretty adamant in confirming the fact that Blizzard ripped off Games Workshop, not the other way 'round. Still, the legions of Blizzbots (Blizzard fanbots) are endless, and so this misconception will always exist as long as someone realizes, "Hey, both StarCraft and Warhammer 40k have Marines. I guess 40k is just a lame imitation from the '80s."

Quote Originally Posted by Davidicus II View Post
    The gaming community in general has been pretty adamant in confirming the fact that Blizzard ripped off Games Workshop, not the other way 'round. Still, the legions of Blizzbots (Blizzard fanbots) are endless, and so this misconception will always exist as long as someone realizes, "Hey, both StarCraft and Warhammer 40k have Marines. I guess 40k is just a lame imitation from the '80s."
    nothing is scarier than a legion of fanboys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Behold, Bellus' plan to take over the Warhammer 40k TWC forum and get us all banned is in motion!
    Let him try. He's the one thats already been suspended. Also the caterpillar seemed to already have infraction points.
    Art //

This Thread has exploded and I can't keep up anymore. Also, I have read a lot of conspiracy theories about aliens and In my mind currently I am developing an entire New Fan Fiction Cannon associating all sci-fi galaxies without changing their canon at all but only using inconsistencies in their timelines as setting for my new made up continuity. Babylon 5 has a huge gap after their timeline ended, Star Wars also has a massive region of space unexplored called the Unknown Regions and Wild Space. Hm, I will get back to you guys on this, what I said about Warhammer 40k and Star Trek makes no sense, I think I can make up something much more logical.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Holy the New Fan Fiction Cannon
    Range 12" S 3 AP - Assault 2
    It is just as useless as the Imperial Guard shotgun

If you can, read my most recent post and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Bellus88; October 15, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I weep for sci fi fans everywhere
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...