Thread: How to modify rates of fire?

Default How to modify rates of fire?

I am horrible at using the search function.

I would like to edit all of the units rates of fire. I find that they simply fire too fast, destroying each other in a matter of minutes. I would like to drop this down to maybe 2 or 3 shots per minute, with the Prußen having a slight edge, as they did in reality (also makes it harder going up against them, and places more emphasis on maneuver).

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Default Re: How to modify rates of fire?

Two main files:

projectiles_tables,
    then in the 'shot type' column select 'bullet' from the drop down. The column named 'base reload time' changes the reload for any particular weapon (rifle, musket, pistol etc).

And:

unit_stats_land,
    'reloading skill' column changes the reload skill for each individual unit.

A combination of the weapons 'base reload time' and the individual units 'reloading skill' gives you speed of reload.

Be aware that changes to base reload time have a more drastic effect, so if you simply want to reduce reload across the board start in projectiles file and drop all bullet weapons by a few points, test it in custom battle, then come back and adjust. Rifles are already quite slow so don't drop them too much or you may as well give them pitchforks.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux