Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXVIII uploaded - Jan 21)

The Shogun is a fool take his head and then take his throne!

Great update though, I await your next one eagerly as always
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Your pictures are amazing. What settings do you play on? Ultra?

I cheat a little bit. I put things on high when I'm playing the battles and then I put it everything on ultra when I'm taking screenshots using battle replays. The fps sucks the second time round but hey, I get pretty pictures
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    I cheat a little bit. I put things on high when I'm playing the battles and then I put it everything on ultra when I'm taking screenshots using battle replays. The fps sucks the second time round but hey, I get pretty pictures
    Yep, this is such a great help. Too bad you just cannot do in MTW2, and it annoys me to no end. Many tried to figure out the campaign battle replay issue, but so far no success.

Artistic license It is for a good reason though

Haha, can't wait for more chapters

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Very nice update, interesting climax to the battle. Only a few days ago I worked out that Harunobu is the man better known as Schingen, which made me rather curious. Beautiful battle pics, too. The unusual picture with the flames inside the castle reminded me of a powerful scene from one of Akira Kurosawa's movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Yep, this is such a great help. Too bad you just cannot do in MTW2, and it annoys me to no end. Many tried to figure out the campaign battle replay issue, but so far no success.
    Yea using battle replays leaves me to concentrate on how to fight the battle so I have something to write about too which is good. Didn't realise you couldn't do this in M2TW...is it that the replays come out to be different? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Very nice update, interesting climax to the battle. Only a few days ago I worked out that Harunobu is the man better known as Schingen, which made me rather curious. Beautiful battle pics, too. The unusual picture with the flames inside the castle reminded me of a powerful scene from one of Akira Kurosawa's movies.
    Yes indeed. Historically he changed his name to Shingen in 1551 or so. I've held that event back for about a decade now because I wanted it to be more significant than a "oh by the way" thing. All will soon become apparent

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Haha, can't wait for more chapters
    I've written the first draft of the next chapter and should be able to upload it in the coming couple of days. Some tricky parts I have to iron out still but shouldn't take long.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Yea using battle replays leaves me to concentrate on how to fight the battle so I have something to write about too which is good. Didn't realise you couldn't do this in M2TW...is it that the replays come out to be different? Or?
    Well, the replays are different, but that's because the program does not record the nuances, just the rudimentary clicks I think. This also means that each replay is a bit different than the others. In my Hungarian AAR's final epic battle, I was relying on the replay in which I lost the battle when originally it was a heroic victory... But that is just one side of the problem, because as long as the approximation is close enough, we should be fine since the replay is really just for taking pics.

The real problem is in the game mechanics, so that only custom battles are available for recording. Likely it is not hardcoded rather some script somewhere, but nobody could figure this out yet. I mean if the mechanism is there for custom battles, why does not the buttons show up for campaign battles? Especially in MTW2 where you can get closer shots in replays for some reason and they bring out the SS texture very nicely.

Anyhow, sorry for all this off topic stuff. Feel free to edit it out.

Chapter XXIX: Revelations

1558 – Autumn

“What if I don’t value my life, but instead that our will be done? I am but a slave to my master, and his wish shall be done, whether you like it or not. Whether I live is of little importance.”

The last words of the dead miscreant reverberated in my head as I searched blindly for an answer to the present conundrum. A province-wide investigation had come to nothing, and several months after the fateful incident we were still no closer to discovering the true identity of the “tiger”, nor indeed the shadowy characters who had ordered for the former’s demise. The men had combed through the miscreant’s person as well as his lodgings at Tanaka’s sake den, but neither yielded much in the way of answers. His possessions were few, and offered few clues of his identity beyond that he was local to the Kansai region – a point I had already detected through the limited dialogue I had overheard. Tanaka recognised the man as a guest of his shop, but was of scant help otherwise.

Although we were in open conflict with the Imagawa alone, our rapid rise had likely spread not inconsiderable ripples through the lands. Consequently a great number of names could be considered as credible suspects. Perhaps it was the Hattano clan of Chugoku? Engaged in their own bitter struggle in the west, they have no formal diplomatic relations with our people. Nonetheless it wasn’t entirely inconceivable that they saw our entrance into the Kansai region as a threat. Or maybe it was Kagetora – if his integrity were to fall short of the lofty standards his people purvey of him. Even the toothless Ashikaga shogun was not beyond such petty meddling, as demonstrated by our present conflict with the Imagawa. Through their father the Sanada brothers had relayed Harunobu’s outright dismissal of my warning, and although it was somewhat expected, my brother’s actions did little to sooth my apprehension. I had reasoned that unless the set of events at hand involved one of Toramasa’s personal feuds, the tiger in question would be Harunobu, which made the situation all the more pressing. Grateful as I was that no harm had come to pass during the past months, the seemingly impervious shroud of secrecy and watertight dedication of those responsible only added my sense of urgency.

I sensed Masako flinch behind me as I struck the table in frustration, and apologised inattentively. The girl had catered to my every need recently, and frankly a strong case could be made that I was treating her less than fairly these days. Nonetheless her smile was ever present despite my volatile moods, and was in all likelihood the primary reason why my frustration hadn’t boiled over even more than it had. If only…

“Nobushige-sama, please, you mustn’t let your troubles cloud your judgement. It saddens me greatly to see you like this.”

“It is not out of choice that I worry. I feel that should the will of these villains be done it would be a calamitous day for not just any one of us, but the clan as a whole. It is my duty to stop these fools regardless of their intent.” Even as I spoke I felt the girl’s slender hands come to rest upon my shoulders as she spoke. Hearing my grim response Masako sighed one of her long, delicate sighs, no doubt contemplating her naive dreams of universal peace again. Still, her omnipresent optimism was a shining light for me in this murky world of war, death and treachery. There was no denying how close we had come as time progressed. Closing my eyes, I found my thoughts drifting while she kneaded my shoulders softly…

Shadows danced idly on the walls of the Otsu castle war room as the candle before me danced in the slight evening breeze. As I watched the stars set against the dark blue hue of the night sky I found my focus slipping, and I rubbed my eyes furiously to stay awake. Every day spent pondering the identity of the assailants placed ever more danger on one of our own – in all likelihood my brother and our daimyo – yet every next day was spent as fruitlessly as the last. The latest reports from the metsuke loyal to us had yielded nothing, while our spies in other provinces had noted nothing worthy of suspicion…

Tap-tap-tap-tap…

The sound of muffled footsteps on the tiled roof overhead shattered my train of thought. Grasping my blade as a precaution, I stood slowly, listening intently for any signs of movement. Sensing the intruder approach the west facing window I shuffled my feet as silently as I could until I stood beside the frame, my back against the wall and my head craned towards the square opening. Holding my breath, I could hear the pounding of my heart as I waited. Praying silently that my lack of composure would not give away my position, I counted each second as they passed. My sword was raised in the strike position as I waited to welcome the uninvited guest.

THUD.

Intensely focused on the window, my surprise was considerable when, swivelling back, the silhouette of a man crouched in the centre of the room entered my view. Dressed in black from head to toe, he rose to his feet slowly. Just as I readied myself to charge the intruder, however, a crisp chuckle escaped from his lips as he reached for his veil. Rage and bemusement came to a boil within me in an instant as the identity of the intruder became instantly apparent.

“Nobushige-sama, it is good to see you again, even if despite after all this time you have become no better at stopping me.”

As the black fabric drifted slowly to the ground, I could see a wide grin spread across Hanzo’s angular features. Slowly lowering my sword, I could not help but grant him the obligatory scolding for his mischief, even as I grasped his outstretched hand. It was indeed good to see him, despite the strange hour and the eccentric entrance. Since his departure to Iga our letters had been frequent, but this was our first reunion in person. The bizarre circumstances of the meeting surely meant important matters at hand, I thought, and my heart skipped a beat when from deep inside his vestments he retrieved a scrunched rag of white cloth. Straightening the material upon the wooden table, the cryptic words of a simple haiku could be made out under the candle light.

Pink sakura drift,
    Into a box of four sides –
    Tomb of the tiger.

“We had heard of a contract placed recently on someone of great importance, so we suspected it was connected to your searches, Nobushige-sama. It was only after we were certain that we retrieved these from the hired blade in question.”

Still examining the text before me, I barely noticed Hanzo place a second object on the table. Holding an candle closer for a better look, I froze in shock at the sight of the metallic trinket. Dangling from pieces of red string, four dark diamond shapes glistened under the orange light, their shadows flickering as my hand trembled. On the reverse of each diamond was inscribed a character, and together they spelt out an phrase that had become all too familiar to my eyes.

Fu-rin-ka-zan.

“It is the insignia of the council,” I volunteered in a muted voice, barely able to contain my disbelief, “this object is the sign of the Takeda council, of which there are only five members besides myself, my two brothers and Yoshinobu.”

“It cannot be, for the intended victim of the contract …”

It was Hanzo’s turn to be surprised as I retrieved an identical trinket from the shelf behind me. Meanwhile a mix of excitement, relief and joy swelled up inside me as I realised that after so much fruitless searching some semblance of a solution was now being presented to me. Although Hanzo's revelation was one I had contemplated, my astonishment was little diminished when the words escaping his lips confirmed my suspicions. Further probing yielded little though, and even as the infuriating master of the night vanished into the darkness I merely stood in the centre of the war room, frozen in shock at the turn of events.

“Takeda Harunobu.”

Of the five men in the council not counting my own next of kin, Nobuaki, Nobufusa, and Toramasa had served the Takeda all their lives. They had served our clan well just as their fathers and grandfathers had done before them ever since the times of the Minamoto shoguns and beyond. Yukitaka had fought against us once, but since then had served under me with unerring loyalty. Without his bravery the heroic victory at Kanazawa would never have been possible, and I, as many others in the western army, owed my life to his proficiency with the yari. Kansuke had been an Imagawa subject once, but it had been almost twenty years since he joined us in Kai. Since then he had been the mastermind behind an innumerable number of victories, and was a cornerstone of our military exploits. Sanada Yukitaka, Yamadera Nobuaki, Baba Nobufusa, Obu Toramasa, Yamamoto Kansuke – each of these men I could have vouched for with my personal honour, or so I thought I could before the events of this evening. My increased knowledge elevated the urgency of the situation, yet it seemed that the waters were now muddier than ever.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; April 25, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXIX uploaded - Jan 28)

Another great update! Keep it up
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

This is amazing, a shame I didn't took the time to read it earlier. I'm astonished how you are able to deliver this amount of continuously high quality stuff. My hat's off to you, sir.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

So brilliant and very intriguing. My hat is off to you, too.

------------------------------------------------
    [MT2W FKoC AAR] Times full of Distemper http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=495533
    Reviewed by robinzx at the Critic's Quill: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p?t=515814#r46

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    Another great update! Keep it up
    Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachos View Post
    This is amazing, a shame I didn't took the time to read it earlier. I'm astonished how you are able to deliver this amount of continuously high quality stuff. My hat's off to you, sir.
    Same to you - to be honest your own AAR played no small part in me starting this tale. I hope you continue yours by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    So brilliant and very intriguing. My hat is off to you, too.
    And mine to you - I could never write in such authentic olde Englishe

Excellent update as usual! When the external enemies grow thin, the danger always comes from within. Now we can prepare for more suspense...

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Excellent update as usual! When the external enemies grow thin, the danger always comes from within. Now we can prepare for more suspense...
    Thank you.

Indeed it does. Not only suspense though - there will be action, and there will be BLOOD!

The next chapter is written and should be up by tonight my time. I'm quite excited about the next few chapters (hence the writing spree - I usually take a few days off between chapters) so hope they turn out well

XXX: Of legacy and destiny

1559 – Spring

The rain continued to pour relentlessly from above as if the heavens themselves had broken their banks and were now flooding the world below. The jagged claws of lightning tore through the dark, murky sky periodically, accompanied by the rolling bellow of thunder. As heavy raindrops splashed against his armour Harunobu cursed under his breath. Somehow he could not recall why they had set out to battle in such inclement conditions, or who had chosen the battlefield. Stormy weather hampered the effectiveness of cavalry and eliminated fire arrows as a viable weapon, yet his mood was a buoyant one. The mass of dark red marched in high spirits as they approached their appointed destination, ready to do battle with their foe. Harunobu vaguely seemed to recall that Mino was poorly garrisoned, but as it was a two thousand strong Imagawa army stood in their way. Nonetheless surely this was nothing but a last stand by these unworthy creatures.

At last – soon the Takeda banner will fly in Mino, and the Imagawa will be consigned to their rightful place as a footnote in a forgotten history...

The downpour persisted as the Takeda army came to a standstill upon a gentle hill. As Harunobu looked across the flat plains ahead he could barely make out the rabble of Imagawa banners in the distance. The terrain was mostly flat, while patches of forest provided for tactical opportunities. The significance of the battle had been reiterated to the men prior to leaving Okazaki castle, and he expected them to do their duty. It was clear that the Imagawa numbered many, but nonetheless surely such a hastily assembled mob would be no match for the battle-hardened elite of the Takeda army. Toramasa led the left cavalry this day while the Sanada bothers – relative newcomers to the Takeda command – took up the right. Nobufusa and Kansuke anchored the centre with their presence, and the teppo company was led by Nobukado and his bodyguard. Wiping a particularly heavy raindrop from his brow, Harunobu signalled for the advance.

Harunobu looked on as the two lines of infantry crashed into each other, the symphony of battle cries, screams of agony, and clashing metal rippling from left to right. Archers on both sides stood scattered behind their respective lines, unleashing volley after volley of agonising death upon the clutter of red and blue clad men. The enemy cavalry moved to encircle the Takeda left, but the Sanada brothers had been quick to anticipate the movement, and the latest additions to the Takeda pantheon charged into the rear of their unwitting foe with furious abandon, sending men flying from their horses amid a shower of blood, broken limbs, and severed heads. Harunobu watched their fluttering red flags with some satisfaction. Hearing of his sons’ bravery would make old Yukitaka a proud man.

Minutes later a mighty roar erupted on the left as Toramasa’s men emerged from the dense forest and rammed into two companies of Imagawa archers, causing large numbers of them to be trampled under the clattering hooves or be launched great distances through the air. Despite the shock of the flanking manoeuvre however the Imagawa held firm, and refused to budge from their positions. The fighting meanwhile ground on with ever increasing ferocity. Sprays of blood filled the sky where metal connected with flesh, only to be washed away by the torrential deluge into dark red puddles where the earth was lower. Before long the lush green of the battlefield had been churned into a muddy swamp, filled with rivers of blood, discarded armour, and dismembered chunks of what had been men. A great many soldiers fell on both sides, yet as the battle reached afternoon there was still no end in sight.

Surveying the battlefield, Harunobu was both alarmed and thrilled to see that the last company of Takeda archers had placed themselves beyond the cover of the infantry, and that the Imagawa general now rode towards it in full gallop. Gathering his reins he sped towards his target with his bodyguard in tow. Zoning in on the Imagawa general’s standard like raptors on their prey, blood and muddy water parting beneath hooves as they descended upon the enemy at full gallop.

“Katsuchiyo! Does your insolence know no bounds? Have you forgotten everything I taught you?”

Harunobu’s ears burned with astonishment as he heard those words. That voice – he had heard it once at Okazaki castle, but this time there was no mistake. As his search the Imagawa general came to a conclusion he froze in his tracks at the sight of the adversary opposite him. A grotesque menpo obscured the man’s face, but those eyes – he had seen those eyes a million times growing up, eyes he thought he would never see again…

“Son, why do you not heed my warnings? You claim to seek glory for the Takeda yet you alienate those born in the same house as you?”

Harunobu’s daze was broken only by the flash of cold steel before him, and as he parried his hands stung from the unexpectedly heavy impact. The whirling melee around him seemed to blur as he trained his focus on his foe. The rain pounded ceaselessly against both men as they began their duel.

“So what of you, then, father? You were once the head of our clan, yet now you are content to be a lowly general in the ranks of the Imagawa?” Harunobu shot back in between swings of his katana. The world besides himself and his father were nothing but a blur of grey, blue and red now.

“What choice did I have? I was driven from my homeland by my first born. I was blinded by military glory and neglected what was important, yet now you are the same,” the Imagawa general yelled back, “what would your conquests do you if you lost the only family you have now?”

The duel had increased in pace, and to his surprise Harunobu went from attacking furiously to being on the defensive. His father’s swordsmanship had always been first-rate, but the last time he found himself in such a predicament was as a child back in Kai. He had found the rain a mere distraction at first, but now it seemed to sap strength from him. Cursing at his apparent inability to keep up, Harunobu parried instinctively first left, then right, defending frantically for his life.

Where are the others when you need them..?

“Now you wish you had the help of others? What obligation do they have to help you when you turn your back on them for the most trivial of rivalries? Nobushige could have been at your side, but you shunned him off to the western provinces. Nobukado is here, yet you charge him with a lowly company of teppo. Why do you feel deserve help when you are so ready to help only yourself?”

Harunobu lunged forward with his sword, desperate to turn the tide against his adversary. To his dismay his poorly aimed swipe struck only air, and his momentum served merely to throw himself off balance. It was then that he caught sight of the blade being thrust forward, the reflection of lightning illuminating the frigid steel. Unable to react in time, Harunobu could only watch in dismay as the leading edge of the katana entered his neck, and the world around him collapsed into a black nothingness…

I feel…pain…I feel…the raindrops falling against me…I feel…nothing…

Is this the end? This cannot be the end…my destiny is to lead the clan to greatness not die ingloriously upon a muddy battlefield with my legacy left unfulfilled…

Harunobu awoke to the sight of aged wooden beams overhead. Hurriedly putting a hand to his neck he was almost surprised to find it whole, albeit drenched in perspiration. Looking around in a bewildered fashion, it wasn’t until his eyes caught sight of the Okazaki castle ramparts and machi beneath that he convinced himself that everything had been but a bad nightmare – one he had been having all too frequently lately.

That felt...so genuine…so tangible…so…

Father…

Fuyutsugu was filled with unease as he traversed the machi at Okazaki castle. Harunobu-sama had sent for him so urgently the messenger had ridden non-stop from Mikawa to Suruga, and would not leave the shrine without him. The letter he was given was filled not with the usual self-assuredness but words of uncertainty and doubt. Even the handwriting had been less orderly than usual. He had done his best to prepare on the way from Kuno-ji, but Fuyutsugu feared what little he could do would be inadequate for the anxious Takeda patriarch. As he passed through the army encampment, Fuyutsugu lowered his head in sympathy for the men all around him. He had heard of the hard-won victory here from other travelling monks, and presently the multitude of the sickly and injured told of the huge cost in lives the siege of Okazaki had exacted upon the Takeda army. The word was that Harunobu-sama was eager to move on to Mino, but in the army’s current state that was evidently beyond feasible.

Stepping into the reception hall of the castle, the demeanour of his host piqued Fuyutsugu’s interest. Over the years the Takeda daimyo had always had an air of supreme confidence that verged on the arrogant, yet somehow a part of that was gone now. Fuyutsugu could not help but notice the deep circles around Harunobu’s eyes as he was beckoned to sit. The image was in stark contrast to the last time they had met, the monk thought.

“Sit, honourable priest,” Harunobu began, “I trust you know why you are here.”

Fuyutsugu nodded, preferring to keep a passive role in the conversation, “yes, Harunobu-sama, your nightmares.”

“No, it’s not just the nightmares. Lately I find myself losing the joy of conquest. Victory brings me little happiness these days, and I find myself troubled by my own mind. I fear the nightmares are just a manifestation of my inner demons,” Harunobu paused for a second, and sighed deeply before continuing, “Speak, honourable priest, you have known my brothers and I since were children. What is your opinion of them, and of my troubles?”

Fuyutsugu swallowed hard. As much as he was glad his host had decided to reveal his troubles, the question he was now faced with required an answer of the utmost delicateness.

“I-“

“Speak your mind, honourable priest. You need not fear my reaction,” Harunobu interrupted, hearing the hesitation in the monk’s voice. He sensed the answer to come would not be an enjoyable one, but he was beyond that now. Clearing his throat, Fuyutsugu collected his thoughts, and bowed before continuing.

“Harunobu-sama, you and your brothers are three of a kind in that each of you seeks honour in the name of your clan. Where you differ is that they are content to seek that honour as an end, whereas you seek it merely as a means to greater things. You desire a legacy of your own as a conqueror and ruler of all beings. Your unhappiness stems from that difference – you saw the adulation others afford to Nobushige-sama, and you sought to conquer that. You fear the achievements of others as if they belittle your own, even when they do not. Your conquest of the Imagawa is known across the land, but you are deaf to the opinions of those who you consider inconsequential. You crave for those you value to recognise your achievements – yet you shun the very person whose opinion you value the most.”

“I see, honourable priest. Your words have much reason, and I will consider them at length," Harunobu's voice was more muted now, almost introspective, "meanwhile I have decided to follow through on the request outlined in my letter. Perhaps the Buddha would grant me the calmness of mind I so desire.”

Both men remained seated in absolute silence as the words faded into the morning air, and time seemed to freeze still as both men sat in contemplation. It was a great relief to Fuyutsugu when Harunobu broke the nervous quiet – especially given the latter’s reputation for explosive bursts of anger – but he found himself surprised by the words that followed.

“Harunobu-sama, it is not easy to follow a life of dedication to the Buddha. Our way is a harsh one that requires discipline of the mind as well as the body, and also the abstention of many earthly luxuries – many of which I am told you are fond of.”

“I understand, and yet I have decided. I would be honoured if you could… make the correct arrangements.”

Fuyutsugu looked up at his host, and was surprised to see that whereas a moment ago Harunobu’s appearance was one of intense consternation, his present expression was of one whose great burden had been lifted.

“Very well, Harunobu-sama. If you would be so kind as to join me at Kuno-ji I could make all of the arrangements. Meanwhile I have something for you – a gift if you will in honour of the choice you made,” Fuyutsugu paused as he removed a scroll of paper from his cloak, “meanwhile I shall claim the honour of gifting you a name for this purpose.”

“Shingen.”

As Fuyutsugu turned to remove himself, he suddenly recalled an event he had learned of from a friend in the north. Turning again to face the newly anointed Shingen-sama, the monk offered the news in his usual soft tone.

“The word from the north is that Kagetora of the Uesugi recently also made the decision you have today, Harunobu-sama. Uesugi Kagetora is now Uesugi Kenshin, if my sources are correct.”

Harunobu paused for a second to take in the news, and as he stood he clasped his hands together, rubbing them together in a show of great satisfaction.

How very fitting, how very fitting this is indeed…
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; April 25, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXX uploaded - Feb 1)

Brilliant update, well done - all I can say it: it's always the farther

I especially liked the duel, those pictures were amazing

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Love the name changing, and I also now see the brilliance of making Nobushige the "I" person .

Looking forward for more, great pictures and writing.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot12 View Post
    Brilliant update, well done - all I can say it: it's always the farther

I especially liked the duel, those pictures were amazing
    Thanks! Good luck with your AAR too

Yea those duel photos with the blurred backgrounds took quite a while. Glad they turned out alright

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Love the name changing, and I also now see the brilliance of making Nobushige the "I" person .

Looking forward for more, great pictures and writing.
    Thank you sir

If you look around there are sources claiming it happened in 1551 or "Spring 1559". I personally believe it's 1551 and the 1559 date was romanticism linking him with Kenshin who actually did it around then. For the story I wanted some worthwhile things to happen so the change felt more significant, and the latter date gave me more wiggle room

Hope the eight year wait was worth it

And now I must do my duty as WS staff: GO VOTE IN THE MAARC XXXIV.

I am competing again, so....

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thanks! Good luck with your AAR too

Yea those duel photos with the blurred backgrounds took quite a while. Glad they turned out alright
    Thanks, I've updated it so if you have the time let me know what you think