Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627

Thread: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed - March 16; Afterthoughts added March 26)

Great job mate.

THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed - March 16; Afterthoughts added March 26)

I wasn't expecting to be in that list, it caught me off guard.

Very well, I shall await your return.
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserina Kratos View Post

Much like Kasierina I too was surprised to see my name. If anything I sometimes felt I didn't comment enough lol. Nonetheless you are more than welcome, I await to see what you bring in the future, as I am sure do many others!

Congratulations!

... I donīt know what else to say. Itīs just so goood...

I havenīt been around for a long while, but I always made sure to check this AAR from time to time. Itīs quite the achievement, writing an entire story from start to finish; most AARs are destined to abortion, but Nobushigeīs tale got a worthy ending. And the journey itself...

Thanks for including me on that list of yours, it really made my day
    Proud to be Finnish

Awesome beyond awesome. Thank you again, I hope it means something to you that you have created an unforgettable AAR and it seems I'm one of many who appreciate the blood, sweat and tears (and booze) you've put in. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenclaw2099 View Post
    Much like Kasierina I too was surprised to see my name. If anything I sometimes felt I didn't comment enough lol. Nonetheless you are more than welcome, I await to see what you bring in the future, as I am sure do many others!
    You needn't be surprised really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Hussar View Post
    Congratulations!

... I donīt know what else to say. Itīs just so goood...

I havenīt been around for a long while, but I always made sure to check this AAR from time to time. Itīs quite the achievement, writing an entire story from start to finish; most AARs are destined to abortion, but Nobushigeīs tale got a worthy ending. And the journey itself...

Thanks for including me on that list of yours, it really made my day
    Good to see you back, my friend. Glad you've liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by mclorie View Post
    Awesome beyond awesome. Thank you again, I hope it means something to you that you have created an unforgettable AAR and it seems I'm one of many who appreciate the blood, sweat and tears (and booze) you've put in. Bravo!
    It means a lot - thank you.

I've updated the afterthoughts post with some extra stuff. I've also entered this into the MAARC one last time - go look and vote please.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

I've already voted! It's my first time to vote for MAARC! Hooray!
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

First of all, absolutely glorious, epic, beautiful ending! – just as the whole AAR was top quality writing, excellent storytelling with characters that came to life in every chapter. Extremely well done, and you deserve all the MAARC golds you received! You are truly talented, and I am very happy for having this opportunity to follow this tale over the months. I must apologize for taking this long to leave a final comment, but the past weeks were too crazy and this was something I did not want to read just quickly, instead I wanted to savor every piece of it with the attention it deserves. And the end was nothing short of that expectation (excellent final decisions)!

I think your clear talent was not only shown in your writing, but also in the choices that you made while writing the story. Intuitively or deliberately (it doesn’t matter as both refer to the same skill), you knew your own strengths that you emphasized throughout the narrative. I think I commented on how your narration fits seamlessly to the cultural atmosphere of this story, adding a lot to the immersion which I think is unparalleled in the current AAR scene at TWC. (Just to give one tidbit, it did not even occur to me until I read your afterthoughts that the battle shots were mostly ground level and how that added to the immersion – now it all makes sense and it worked very well.)

It is always a great pleasure to hear that my humble writing is an inspiration for others, but with this one I am particularly moved. I am glad that I could contribute to this enormous undertaking with some feedback. But no matter what I did, you have done the heavy lifting, and without your sustained effort in writing and your devotion to this genre and your readers, no advice could have made any difference. I know how difficult it is to run a story for this long (and I also know how nobody plans it that way!), so accept my heartfelt congratulation for this masterpiece!
    Thank you for this awesome and epic journey, and I hope that you’ll have some time in the future to spoil us with another beautiful tale!

Egészségedre!

Beautiful work, Robin. This work is an inspiration to lesser AARtists. The others have said the rest. I just wanted to comment one last time.

I've already voted! It's my first time to vote for MAARC! Hooray!
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    First of all, absolutely glorious, epic, beautiful ending! – just as the whole AAR was top quality writing, excellent storytelling with characters that came to life in every chapter. Extremely well done, and you deserve all the MAARC golds you received! You are truly talented, and I am very happy for having this opportunity to follow this tale over the months. I must apologize for taking this long to leave a final comment, but the past weeks were too crazy and this was something I did not want to read just quickly, instead I wanted to savor every piece of it with the attention it deserves. And the end was nothing short of that expectation (excellent final decisions)!

I think your clear talent was not only shown in your writing, but also in the choices that you made while writing the story. Intuitively or deliberately (it doesn’t matter as both refer to the same skill), you knew your own strengths that you emphasized throughout the narrative. I think I commented on how your narration fits seamlessly to the cultural atmosphere of this story, adding a lot to the immersion which I think is unparalleled in the current AAR scene at TWC. (Just to give one tidbit, it did not even occur to me until I read your afterthoughts that the battle shots were mostly ground level and how that added to the immersion – now it all makes sense and it worked very well.)

It is always a great pleasure to hear that my humble writing is an inspiration for others, but with this one I am particularly moved. I am glad that I could contribute to this enormous undertaking with some feedback. But no matter what I did, you have done the heavy lifting, and without your sustained effort in writing and your devotion to this genre and your readers, no advice could have made any difference. I know how difficult it is to run a story for this long (and I also know how nobody plans it that way!), so accept my heartfelt congratulation for this masterpiece!
    Thank you for this awesome and epic journey, and I hope that you’ll have some time in the future to spoil us with another beautiful tale!

Egészségedre!
    I wanted to wait before I had time to properly respond to this. Thank you for all the support all along - and this most magnanimous comment at the end. Thank you for all the encouragement, and as you say, for the camaraderie born out of being fellow writers. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Beautiful work, Robin. This work is an inspiration to lesser AARtists. The others have said the rest. I just wanted to comment one last time.
    High praise indeed - if only this inspires the two good gentlemen carrying the torch for S2 AAR's!

On a separate note, I've more or less decided the contents of the next AAR. It may take a while before everything is planned and ready for publishing, but here's a little sneak peek.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

OH an upcoming AAR! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm definitely going to read it zealously especially because of that sneak peek. I await the day Mr. Robin.
    -Atia

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Really looking forward to it mate... whatever game you chose...
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Nice sneak peek! I'll go with the unexpected here: somebody gets a concussion after that explosion and wakes up in Rome, searching for his (or her ) way back...
    In any case, I'll be looking forward to reading it!

Well, i finally finished it. Robin, this aar has been an amazing read from start to finish. Thanks for sticking with it all the way, and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more works out of you.

Maybe one day ill try to start one too. Just need to get some damn time on my hands.

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Wow. Well what a read!

Sorry for being several months late, but this was absolutely incredible. I loved just about everything of it (seriously) and as others have said, your writing skills are impeccable.
    Signature loading...

With the benefit of spare time I've finally got round to restoring some of the images in the AAR. Done up to chapter 25 or so thus far - will try to finish the job over time. Mainly to satisfy my own OCD, but also in case anybody is still reading this thing...

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I confess I'm not in the process of reading Takeda (at least not at the moment - I'll probably re-read it at some point), but it's great to have the pictures back - they're fantastic. Thank you.