Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: Where's the DNA?

  1. #81
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Icon2 Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Not great, really; about as well as denying the preeminence of the Bachmann type in American conservative politics is working for you--No one is buying. I have the advantage of honesty at least. BTW: because I despise a certain group of people does not indicate a dualist view in any way. A bit of a hyper-reductionist, are we?


    Have fun.


    EDIT: Oh, and I don't believe that “Manichean” should be capitalized when used in the generic sense.
    Sarcasm is not a word you're familiar with, non?

    Look, I'm not the one smearing an entire ideology because I have an issue with a few people, you seem to regard every right-winger as some sort of delusional fool. I've tried being civil with you, but all I get is you engaging in Pilger-esque demonisation with no attempt at reasonable dialogue. It's people like you who create the myth that left-wingers are arrogant, can't admit anything that contradicts their world view and engages in cheap tactics like aversion, strawmen, associating the worst with the mainstream and so on. On top of this, you've yet to provide an answer to a question I've repeatedly asked.

    VIDEO 1: The was crowd cheering the line "that is what freedom is all about, people taking risks and accepting responsibility for that". You crossing a road is taking a risk, why should other people be expected to foot the bill for your choice and your risk? If I decide not to wear a helmet when I ride a bike, I fall and split my head, should other people have to pay for my idiocy? It's different in circumstances outside one's immediate control, but when it comes to choice, we classical liberals feel the individual takes responsibility for their actions.

    I bet you didn't even watch the video, you just saw the title, it fits with your skewed views, and posted it.

    VIDEO 2: So a few bad apples can ruin the whole barrel? Can I have all left-wingers arressted for what Mao did during his reign? I agree with the host, whether or not you believe execution is a valid punishment, it's wrong to applaud when people have been killed/ executed.

    Video 3: OMG! THREE, MAYBE TWO PEOPLE BOO'ED OBVIOUSLY ALL RIGHT-WINGERS, REPUBLICANS AND CONSERVATIVES ARE HOMOPHOBIC!!

    Please, when engaging in mud-slinging campaigns, at least use material that actually looks like everyone is a savage rather than just a few people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    I don't think people are making a serious effort to understand another side's perception, so I don't think any of these posts are worth responding to. There are plenty of threads in the TD for generalizations.
    Amen, I'm pleased someone else sees this.
    Last edited by Prosaic Visitant; September 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM.

  2. #82
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_the_Great View Post
    please do, one less liberal in the USA could only be a good thing.
    Religiosity =/= political ideology.

  3. #83
    AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Currently exiled to Florida
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Sarcasm is not a word you're familiar with, non?
    I am quite a fan of sarcasm when it is done with any degree of skill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Look, I'm not the one smearing an entire ideology because I have an issue with a few people, you seem to regard every right-winger as some sort of delusional fool. I've tried being civil with you, but all I get is you engaging in Pilger-esque demonisation with no attempt at reasonable dialogue. It's people like you who create the myth that left-wingers are arrogant, can't admit anything that contradicts their world view and engages in cheap tactics like aversion, strawmen, associating the worst with the mainstream and so on. On top of this, you've yet to provide an answer to a question I've repeatedly asked.
    If you mean the education issue, I have given several examples of what I was talking about and you have simply ignored them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    VIDEO 1: The was crowd cheering the line "that is what freedom is all about, people taking risks and accepting responsibility for that". You crossing a road is taking a risk, why should other people be expected to foot the bill for your choice and your risk? If I decide not to wear a helmet when I ride a bike, I fall and split my head, should other people have to pay for my idiocy? It's different in circumstances outside one's immediate control, but when it comes to choice, we classical liberals feel the individual takes responsibility for their actions.
    You are the one taking this out of context to make an extremist point, not I. The plutocrats of this society have made medical treatment an impossibility for anyone not wealthy and then turn around and claim anyone who can't afford insanely over-priced insurance (that even if you have is taken from you when you try to use it) is lazy and not worth preserving anyway. It's just one of the many little indirect ways you try to make out anyone not from the aristocracy as a worthless animal unfit to live in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    I bet you didn't even watch the video, you just saw the title, it fits with your skewed views, and posted it.
    If YOU say so. No evasion here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    VIDEO 2: So a few bad apples can ruin the whole barrel? Can I have all left-wingers arressted for what Mao did during his reign? I agree with the host, whether or not you believe execution is a valid punishment, it's wrong to applaud when people have been killed/ executed.
    It wasn't a few and none of the candidates, all of whom presume to be the leaders of the nation and are supported as such by the Republican establishment--said a damn word about what had just happened, did they? So which is it: Are they in unanimous agreement or are they moral cowards who go along with anything, however evil, if it will get them what they want.

    EDIT: If you are ever in Florida or Texas, go to a prison on a day when someone is being executed (It's very common so timing should not be an issue) and observe what takes place out in the parking lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Video 3: OMG! THREE, MAYBE TWO PEOPLE BOO'ED OBVIOUSLY ALL RIGHT-WINGERS, REPUBLICANS AND CONSERVATIVES ARE HOMOPHOBIC!!
    For you to claim that homophobia is not rife in the Republican community is absurd on its face. And the points above about the candidates silence apply here as well.
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 24, 2011 at 11:51 PM.

    *MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

  4. #84
    mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,741

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    RE Non-rich people: Constantly facilitating the top “earners”
    It really is a brilliant strategy. Not one of these jokers will answer, when asked numerous times in these debates, as to what constitutes wealthy, or rich. They all skirt the issue.

    And why not? They have an army of minions to do their talking for them on message boards. People who are in constant defense mode and who clearly have agendas of posting a certain number of anti-Obama or anti-Democrat posts or threads each week. Just enough to think they are doing something, but not enough to think they look obvious.

    Thank the stars we don't have that here. You know, some strange little cabal of mental midgets who would go all out to defend something like this, by arguing that it isn't representative of all conservatives or Republicans, while many of their posts would make the same assertions about liberals or Democrats.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

  5. #85

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I demand a DNA test to prove Michelle Bachmann is not a rhesus monkey. Credible evidence has come to light that strongly suggests that Republican presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann is, in fact, a rhesus monkey.

    I cite as example the following statements made by Mdm Bachmann:






    Clearly, no human is this stupid. I submit then that Mdm. Bachmann must be some closely related primate who has undergone a mutation giving her (albeit limited) powers of speech. The rhesus monkey, as one of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom, seems an excellent place to start in attempting to divine just what sort of creature she is. I am, of course, open to other suggestions. She may well be some sort of reptile…



    Now if you're like me, you don't wanted a lower primate holding high office in this country and so I invite you all to join me in demanding that congress "person" Michelle Bachmann submit to a DNA test so that we can be certain of her species affiliation. Rhesus monkies don't even come from this beautiful, glorious country--which makes her an illegal alien as well!

    A rather amusing OP. Thankyou for the read. I tried to rep you, but apparently I need to spread it around first.

  6. #86
    AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Currently exiled to Florida
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    I will say this, though, the videos you referred to, AJ, at least the Ron Paul one, was already discussed and bunked in another thread.
    I felt it was relevant to the issue, there is bound to be some cross-over.

    *MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

  7. #87
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post

    If you mean the education issue, I have given several examples of what I was talking about and you have simply ignored them.
    What? the prayer in classes bit, creationism and the Dept of Education? I addressed those.


    You are the one taking this out of context to make an extremist point, not I. The plutocrats of this society have made medical treatment an impossibility for anyone not wealthy and then turn around and claim anyone who can't afford insanely over-priced insurance (that even if you have is taken from you when you try to use it) is lazy and not worth preserving anyway. It's just one of the many little indirect ways you try to make out anyone not from the aristocracy as a worthless animal unfit to live in the first place.
    Yes, and the Jews rule the world. So, what exactly was that piece of legislation that Obama passed?

    If YOU say so. No evasion here...
    What evasion? you made a poor claim, I refuted it. Deal with it.

    It wasn't a few and none of the candidates, all of whom presume to be the leaders of the nation and are supported as such by the Republican establishment--said a damn word about what had just happened, did they? So which is it: Are they in unanimous agreement or are they moral cowards who go along with anything, however evil, if it will get them what they want.
    If you are a Presidential candidate, are you going to tell your supporters to shut the up and learn some manners? no, because you then lose their support. Obviously it's their choice about whether or not they wish to court these people. And if they wish to seek their support or trash it over one event, so be it. How many times have you seen a politician or public figure berate the audience? So, why is this popularity contest only noteworthy when a Rep' Presidential candidate does it?

    Also, I'm amused how you think this Youtube vid' somehow makes all right-wingers bad.

    For you to claim that homophobia is not rife in the Republican community is absurd on its face. And the points above about the candidates silence apply here as well.
    Ok, so apparently if one is a member of this party, which takes on many shapes and variants, or is a follower of libertarianism (since they are in the GOP) this automatically makes them gay-haters?

  8. #88
    AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Currently exiled to Florida
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    What? the prayer in classes bit, creationism and the Dept of Education? I addressed those.
    I brought up several other points as well, and you are ignoring them still. You keep SAYING I made no other points just to try and get a casual reader to THINK I must not have. It's a form of character assassination. Go back and look and you will find SEVERAL specific complaints I made about the Republican party and their attitude about public education. Or just say, again, that I never did--really doesn't matter to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Yes, and the Jews rule the world.
    WTF? Are you trying to insinuate I made such a claim without outright saying so? Perhaps in order to be able to deny it should you be called out for it? This remark was straight-up sick in the head...

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    So, what exactly was that piece of legislation that Obama passed?
    He passed a half-assed pro-insurance company law that doesn't in any meaningful way address the problem and those same insurance companies are throwing a fit about it anyway because: 1) they want NO regulation of their behavior, and 2) they can try to shift the "perceived" center of the debate to the far-right. An old tactic: Say something over and over and people will start to think it's true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    What evasion? you made a poor claim, I refuted it. Deal with it.
    Making an unsubstantiated claim about me is not refuting anything, it's trying to slip-in assumptions about my character that you think will make your position seem more tenable then it actually is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    If you are a Presidential candidate, are you going to tell your supporters to shut the up and learn some manners? no, because you then lose their support. Obviously it's their choice about whether or not they wish to court these people. And if they wish to seek their support or trash it over one event, so be it. How many times have you seen a politician or public figure berate the audience? So, why is this popularity contest only noteworthy when a Rep' Presidential candidate does it?
    First: Yes, if you have the slightest human decency you will call-out evil when it is right in front of you. While I am no Obama fan, I will point out that when he was running for office and speaking to a congragation in a black church he called them out on their homophobia and received a very chilling reception for it. It was one of the things that won him so much support in the gay community in fact.

    Second: While I am no fan of the democrats, please give me an example from the last few decades of when a democrat has been guilty of an equivalent moral omission. Happy hunting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Also, I'm amused how you think this Youtube vid' somehow makes all right-wingers bad.
    It is a physical record of an event, where it is posted makes no difference one way or the other. The fact that you now try to belittle the recording based on where it came from--as opposed to addressing what was shown on it--indicates a lack of honesty to put it politely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Malzahar View Post
    Ok, so apparently if one is a member of this party, which takes on many shapes and variants, or is a follower of libertarianism (since they are in the GOP) this automatically makes them gay-haters?
    If you belong to a group that constantly uses hatred of gays, or minorities, or whatever, to bolster their standing with bigots and win their support, never calling them out on it--then yes, you share in the guilt for it, even if you yourself don't really believe it. In fact that is, in many ways, even worse.
    Last edited by AJStoner; September 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM.

    *MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

  9. #89

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by BarnabyJones View Post
    It really is a brilliant strategy. Not one of these jokers will answer, when asked numerous times in these debates, as to what constitutes wealthy, or rich. They all skirt the issue.
    Rich according to a democrat means you don't live pay check (welfare check) to pay check (welfare check). Rich to me means you don't have to work and will still be able to live an extravagant lifestyle.
    And why not? They have an army of minions to do their talking for them on message boards. People who are in constant defense mode and who clearly have agendas of posting a certain number of anti-Obama or anti-Democrat posts or threads each week. Just enough to think they are doing something, but not enough to think they look obvious.


    This may shock you that people have different opinions than you do.

    Thank the stars we don't have that here. You know, some strange little cabal of mental midgets who would go all out to defend something like this, by arguing that it isn't representative of all conservatives or Republicans, while many of their posts would make the same assertions about liberals or Democrats.
    Sounded like 3-4 people tops. Really, rage harder. So did you get your passport all worked out or did you give up on that plan to leave this horrible country anyways?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

    My shameful truth.

  10. #90
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    I brought up several other points as well, and you are ignoring them still. You keep SAYING I made no other points just to try and get a casual reader to THINK I must not have. It's a form of character assassination. Go back and look and you will find SEVERAL specific complaints I made about the Republican party and their attitude about public education. Or just say, again, that I never did--really doesn't matter to me.
    I'm pretty sure I answered all points, unless I suspected they were strawmen. If you feel this is an unsatisfactory response, show me the points I missed.



    WTF? Are you trying to insinuate I made such a claim without outright saying so? Perhaps in order to be able to deny it should you be called out for it? This remark was straight-up sick in the head...
    <sigh> yes AJ, that's why I put a ridiculous statement under a slash out line.


    He passed a half-assed pro-insurance company law that doesn't in any meaningful way address the problem and those same insurance companies are throwing a fit about it anyway because: 1) they want NO regulation of their behavior, and 2) they can try to shift the "perceived" center of the debate to the far-right. An old tactic: Say something over and over and people will start to think it's true.
    A start is better than nothing, non? It's not my preferred way of fixing the problem, but that's another thread. Anyway, you're slipping from the point you raised.

    Making an unsubstantiated claim about me is not refuting anything, it's trying to slip-in assumptions about my character that you think will make your position seem more tenable then it actually is.
    Sorry? lolwhut?



    First: Yes, if you have the slightest human decency you will call-out evil when it is right in front of you. While I am no Obama fan, I will point out that when he was running for office and speaking to a congragation in a black church he called them out on their homophobia and received a very chilling reception for it. It was one of the things that won him so much support in the gay community in fact.

    Second: While I am no fan of the democrats, please give me an example from the last few decades of when a democrat has been guilty of an equivalent moral omission. Happy hunting...
    True, but you evidently don't know that it's suicide to attack your die-hard supporters if you're a public figure. Anyway, the gay community is more likely to support the Democrats rather than the Republicans, so appealing to the gay community at the expense of one's base is a silly move for a Republican like Perry or Santorum. What worked for Obama in that circumstance may not work for another politician from another party in another circumstance. How you are failing to grasp that, politically, it is easier for the candidate to ignore the crassness of the few instead of alienating a section of their supporters for no political benefit, I don't quite get.



    It is a physical record of an event, where it is posted makes no difference one way or the other. The fact that you now try to belittle the recording based on where it came from--as opposed to addressing what was shown on it--indicates a lack of honesty to put it politely.
    I don't care for it's source, my point is that one clip showing a few nuts is apparently evidence to burn the entire right on your stake. I never belittled Youtube, perhaps this is just another diversionary AJ tactic at work here. Surely you'd never do that.



    If you belong to a group that constantly uses hatred of gays, or minorities, or whatever, to bolster their standing with bigots and win their support, never calling them out on it--then yes, you share in the guilt for it, even if you yourself don't really believe it. In fact that is, in many ways, even worse.
    This is the Republican Party we are talking about, not the ing KKK. Some people oppose immigration of illegals for economic or legal reasons, and I've mentioned the various views rightists may have of gays above. Naturally, when a party has a policy, extremists will come out to play, just like how some... interesting characters may support the Democrat party. Or is it the fault of the Party that it doesn't crush dissenting views from being spoken?

  11. #91

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    No, I called her a rhesus monkey.

    Two things to this point:

    First off, it’s satire and that makes it okay. But don’t take MY word for it, Sarah Palin says so too:






    Secondly, to quote your beloved Glen Beck: "I'm just asking a question--Is it wrong to ask a question?"

    It’s not clear to me she's a homo sapien, but then I have standards. I thought you right-wingers hated political correctness* anyway, and if you were so concerned then why wait until page 4 to bring this point up? It sort of comes across like you're reaching for straws.

    In any event, she is a hateful, ignorant, bigot and deserves to be mocked. As to your vehement condemnations, I think it should be pretty clear by now that your approval caries little weight with me.



    *political correctness: The McCarthyism of the Left” I have heard you guys call it, although you also maintain that Joe McCarthy was a hero so that sort of doesn’t make sense but when has that ever mattered, right?

    Is this for real? She's ignorant? She has all the traits of a homo sapien. Hateful? You called her a monkey? You demoted her to a lesser species. How was I reaching for straws. I clearly destroyed your question. You're reaching for straws by resorting by such a ridiculous ad homoniem. Jesus Christ is this what the left is made of? Holy these people are in power? I'm frigging speechless.
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 26, 2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: continuity/insulting personal references

    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

  12. #92
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doge Domenico View Post
    Is this for real? She's ignorant? She has all the traits of a homo sapien. Hateful? You called her a monkey? You demoted her to a lesser species. How was I reaching for straws. I clearly destroyed your question. You're reaching for straws by resorting by such a ridiculous ad homoniem. Jesus Christ is this what the left is made of? Holy these people are in power? I'm frigging speechless.

    AJStoner is rather partisan and his views are .. interesting, interesting as in they sound like a page straight from Democratic Underground. He routinely uses strawmen, diversions and other silly fallacies while accusing me of using the same tactics. I like to see myself as a clear-headed guy; I never generalise, I always try and see why other people have different views, but people like AJ are simply too hardcore to have any meaningful dialogue.

    I guess this was all obvious when he made this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnarby Jones
    It really is a brilliant strategy. Not one of these jokers will answer, when asked numerous times in these debates, as to what constitutes wealthy, or rich. They all skirt the issue.

    And why not? They have an army of minions to do their talking for them on message boards. People who are in constant defense mode and who clearly have agendas of posting a certain number of anti-Obama or anti-Democrat posts or threads each week. Just enough to think they are doing something, but not enough to think they look obvious.

    Thank the stars we don't have that here. You know, some strange little cabal of mental midgets who would go all out to defend something like this, by arguing that it isn't representative of all conservatives or Republicans, while many of their posts would make the same assertions about liberals or Democrats.
    Define rich then.

    Mr. Jones, I have never used blanket terms or absolutes when talking about the left. Never. I have also never posted a video with a jackass from the left making a dick of themselves and then said "LOOK, EVIDENCE THAT ALL LEFTIES ARE EVIL ERS"

    Also, are you saying anti-Obama/ Democrat/ left wing threads aren't allowed but anti Republican/ right wing threads are allowed? Interesting.

    BTW, that video I have already addressed, go and see post number 82 where I explained the flaw in using that Youtube video as an attack piece. Or does >4 people fully represent a political party?
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 26, 2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: continuity

  13. #93

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Barnaby, this forum is so blatanly liberal that that post hOlds no water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Ok I have a confession to make, I can no longer live this lie.

    I'm not a 40 something year old gamer, with multiple biology degrees and a doctorate. I'm not an atheist. I don't have two kids or a hot wife that is a competitive runner.

    No, its all a lie. I'm actually 23 years old and work for Evangelicals Vilifying Innocent Liberals. E.V.I.L. for short.

    E.V.I.L. was founded back in 2006 to combat the growing awareness of the American public to the failings of religious conservatism. We knew we could no longer attempt to stifle the debate for the vibrant blossoming of liberal politics which would sweep this nation in a wave of prosperity and enlightenment. This could not be allowed. Young internet posters, barely out of college, without a penny to their name or accomplishment under their belt beyond feeling entitled were using their vast powers of education to cut swaths in our former voter base, uneducated red neck hicks and soccer moms.

    By posting obfuscating posts about the vibrant and world changing policies of Barack Hussein Obama we hope to confuse the voter in the name of Jesus Christ our true Lord and Savior. This recession would have been over 2nd quarter of 2008 but for our instruction to our mindless flock to not spend beyond the essentials and to lay off as many workers as possible in their businesses. This allows us to claim the stimulus package did nothing, when in reality, it was an incredible and bold move which would have put the US on a path to complete economic supremacy for centuries to come.

    Today I was instructed by my superiors to post about how Obama doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate change in relation to Texas this year but I broke. Its obvious the world is hurting and only someone like Obama can save us, not just the US but ALL of us.

    I can no longer live this lie, I have been discovered, I feel ashamed. The truth has set me free.

    (for the really slow)

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Phier; September 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

    My shameful truth.

  15. #95
    xcorps's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Missouri, US
    Posts
    6,916

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Epic.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

  16. #96
    Jaketh's Avatar Praeses
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    Epic.
    Second

  17. #97
    Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Scarborough, Maine U.S.A
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Now! View Post
    LOL. If bachmann is a rhesus monkey, then palin is a baboon.
    And Bush being a Chimpanzee would be perfectly plausible too!


  18. #98

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    This is just an inane bashing thread that actually brings the Mudpit down (I know, I did not think such a thing possible either).

  19. #99
    Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,325

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Ok I have a confession to make, I can no longer live this lie.

    I'm not a 40 something year old gamer, with multiple biology degrees and a doctorate. I'm not an atheist. I don't have two kids or a hot wife that is a competitive runner.

    No, its all a lie. I'm actually 23 years old and work for Evangelicals Vilifying Innocent Liberals. E.V.I.L. for short.

    E.V.I.L. was founded back in 2006 to combat the growing awareness of the American public to the failings of religious conservatism. We knew we could no longer attempt to stifle the debate for the vibrant blossoming of liberal politics which would sweep this nation in a wave of prosperity and enlightenment. This could not be allowed. Young internet posters, barely out of college, without a penny to their name or accomplishment under their belt beyond feeling entitled were using their vast powers of education to cut swaths in our former voter base, uneducated red neck hicks and soccer moms.

    By posting obfuscating posts about the vibrant and world changing policies of Barack Hussein Obama we hope to confuse the voter in the name of Jesus Christ our true Lord and Savior. This recession would have been over 2nd quarter of 2008 but for our instruction to our mindless flock to not spend beyond the essentials and to lay off as many workers as possible in their businesses. This allows us to claim the stimulus package did nothing, when in reality, it was an incredible and bold move which would have put the US on a path to complete economic supremacy for centuries to come.

    Today I was instructed by my superiors to post about how Obama doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate change in relation to Texas this year but I broke. Its obvious the world is hurting and only someone like Obama can save us, not just the US but ALL of us.

    I can no longer live this lie, I have been discovered, I feel ashamed. The truth has set me free.

    (for the really slow)

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm foreign, but can I join E.V.I.L? I' really need to channel my undying hatred for enlightenment and prosperity.

    Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    Epic.
    Third-ed.
    Last edited by Prosaic Visitant; September 26, 2011 at 09:26 PM.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Where's the DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Ok I have a confession to make, I can no longer live this lie.

    I'm not [...], with multiple biology degrees and a doctorate. I don't have two kids or a hot wife that is a competitive runner.
    glad you finally admit it Not every internet-superman does so tho so kudos.

    also why is this thread alive? it's obviously some form of satire, just relax.
    Last edited by Nikitn; September 29, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •