Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Freynman View Post
    Damn I was hoping TR would post his article(s) addressing distant starlight before he left so we could all have a good laugh.
    Me too, I PMed him 3 or 4 times to no avail.

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

He left?

Pity.

Only for a week according to his last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Freynman View Post
    Wasting a few hours of one's free time isn't really hindering humanity's progress, I don't think. And the people at the forefront of advances in knowledge and technology probably couldn't care less about these pseudoscientific intellectual frauds and wouldn't waste their time with them anyway, so it's all harmless really.
    True.

Anybody see this one yet?
    Giving tax breaks to the wealthy, is like giving free dessert coupons to the morbidly obese.

IDIOT BASTARD SON of MAVERICK

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

You know, TR goes on and on about where are all the bodies if the Earth is so old and people were around the entire time. (which is sort of weird cause people as we know them weren't around very long at all. Could easily ask where are all the animal bones that would be hundreds if not thousands of feet deep?)

Anyway. I wonder if he believes in the massive die outs brought about my disease and famine that has happened even in the last two thousand years? If you believe that massive amounts of people can die off and years later the earths population is smaller than what it used to be, then how can you need to have proof of massive amounts of bones to account for human existence beyond 6000 years?
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Indefinitely Banned

lol i had a feeling that TR would give up

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

He said he wouldn't be able to post in a week or so. He didn't give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Is it wrong I hear (in my head) every one of TR's posts in Borat's voice?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I wonder if Evolutionists are to blame for propagandizing (teaching) correct grammar and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I wonder if Evolutionists are to blame for propagandizing (teaching) correct grammar and spelling.
    Yes, our evil conspiracy to make people evaluate the world around them and use critical thinking skills hinges on proper spelling and good grammar! Every post relism makes is a threat to our plans!

WE MUST BURN IT. WITH NAPALM.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    Yes, our evil conspiracy to make people evaluate the world around them and use critical thinking skills hinges on proper spelling and good grammar! Every post relism makes is a threat to our plans!

WE MUST BURN IT. WITH NAPALM.
    Well he thinks every teacher and professor is out to push evolution (which they all know is false) down young peoples throats. Thats just ridiculous. The entire world wouldnt be teaching Evolution if it was false or easily falsifiable.

I nearly sprayed my drink all over my screen when I saw TR's link bombing response to distant starlight

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    The entire world wouldnt be teaching Evolution if it was false

That's a very very poor position.

Greece, Egypt, Mesopotamia, China, India,...pretty much the entire world...used to teach the Earth was flat.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

"Conclusion The amount and passage of time in the cosmos is pertinent to the creationist because we need to interpret the evidence within a self-consistent framework of the model we adopt. Therefore in a model of type 1 or type 3, which incorporate astronomical time, explanations of the rotation curves in galaxies,28 the Tully-Fisher law29 or the apparent excess of mass inferred from the dynamics of equilibrium clusters of galaxies become an issue to creationist cosmology.
    A new model, of a type similar to Humphreys’, has been described that allows billions of years to pass in the cosmos but only 24 hours on Earth during Day 4. In this model, the laws of physics are suspended while creation is in progress and enormous time dilation occurs between Earth clocks and astronomical clocks. This solves the light-travel-time problem faced by creationist cosmology and makes all astronomical evidence fit the Genesis account. No non-physical requirements are placed on the model."
    One of his links http://creation.com/a-new-cosmology-...l-time-problem

I lol'd.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

A fine example of the sheer stupidity of creationist propaganda,

"WE CAN SEE LIGHT FROM BILLIONS OF LIGHT YEARS AWAY BECAUSE...UHH...UMMM....A MIRACLE HAPPENED ON THE 4TH DAY!"

Along with, of course, ever single link TR posted.

One of them actually equates the horizon problem for the Big Bang with the distant starlight problem. That's right, they're equating something that was an unexpected observation the early Big Bang models didn't predict with DIRECT CONTRADICTORY EVIDENCE to the YEC worldview. The distant starlight problem isn't just a "problem", it's a flat out refutation of YECism, yet in their desperation they've deluded themselves into thinking its on the level of the horizon problem for the Big Bang.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Einstein’s theory of relativity launched a new way of looking at the universe. But one question remained: How long does it take light to reach the earth? The answer depends on your assumptions. “Instantly!” declares a new creationist theory.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...tant-starlight

Seriously.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I forced myself to watch this video on distant starlight that TR posted and by Apollo it is truly laughable.

First the speaker, Jason Lisle, talks about what is accepted as scientific fact about how galaxies and stars are thousands and millions and billions of light years away and yet we can see them so it proves, because what we see are so far away and it would take those millions or billions of years for light to reach us, that the universe is many billions of years old. All of that makes sense, right? Even without using scientific equations and such one could use simple logic to say that makes sense. And then...Mr. Lisle says none of that science of logic matters simply because the Bible doesn't explicitly or implicitly say any of that. So, basically the creationist argument is not based on science or logic at all. It's based on a religious book.

Then later he explains how the accepted theory of the evolution, and I hate to use that word because TR believes cosmic evolution means the exact same thing as biological evolution, of the universe and Earth is the stars were made first, that doesn't make any sense in the first place because not all stars are the same age, and then later on the Earth formed and even later the oceans formed. He counters these scientific theories by using completely unscientific arguments such as, to paraphrase, "That theory cannot be right because we know from the Bible that the Earth was created first and later the stars were." Again, his argument is not based on science but rather on a religious book.

I'm not surprised by this. I've experienced TR's posts for a long time, but watching this idiot spout this ludicrous nonsense simply boggles my mind. And then you see all of those people sitting there watching it, they no doubt having paid this guy and his organization. I may not be religious anymore but I do respect religion. But this...this trash isn't religion. It's institutionalized stupidity.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Himster's Avatar Praeses

I am truly shocked by TR's insane ignorance concerning astronomy.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

I'm (un)surprised that, despite AA telling him to stop, relism continues to post links to obviously Creationist websites and when AA cites reputable scientific sources.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

From AIG, dragons were real because they were mentioned in the Bible.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...dragon-legends

In the book of Job, God describes a behemoth and a fire-breathing leviathan (Job 40:15–24; 41:1–34). These creatures are unlike anything we find today. Is it possible these dragons refer to dinosaurs and other reptile-like creatures of the air and sea?

Dragons appear again and again in the records of cultures around the world, as well as in their art and pottery. The similarities are hints that many accounts may be based on actual encounters with these creatures—dinosaurs and other reptiles which God created on Day Five and Six (Genesis 1:20–25) and which survived the Flood aboard Noah’s Ark (Genesis 6:19).

Dragons may not be around today for the same reasons that other animals go extinct—changes in environment, food issues, hunting by man. Let’s face it, most legends end with a dragon’s death. But their memory lives on.

Dragons, people. ING DRAGONS!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker