Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    I expect he will say something along the lines of "to test our faith" in response to the last line of your post Aliens.

Since he refuses to learn, I have come to the conclusion that he is a bot of some sort designed to spew propaganda.

EDIT:

I also just noticed relism suggests an article titled "Getting Around the Magnetic Field Evidence" on one of his sources. What kind of is that? It's a guide on how to IGNORE PROOF. But we still let him debate?
    The mods aren't Nazis, so they claim.

I still say he's a bot, well, not really a bot, but his posts resemble bots.

Relism is the type of debater that spawns many many many many sub-debates to confuse the other debater.

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: age of the earth thousands or billions? [Ancient Aliens vs total relism] Commentary Thread

I took the time to watch the Moon video at the end of TR's post and the last thing AA mentions in his spoiler and much like all people who see things as needing some sort of creator, they do point out factual discrepincies in things and factual information to prove their theory. Its an argument of, because your wrong, I must be right. Although I could be saying the potato is fine when I missed a small piece of rot thus proving that it is indeed an apple.

The other thing I find interesting in the argument put forth by the person in the video is the reasons why the 'creator' made the Moon. As a night light, a way to tell time, the seasons, direction. Where as, most of these are man made side effects of its existence, it some how proves the need for its existence. Or, because rocks exist in a stream making it easier for me to cross it must prove that some creator put them there for me to do so. It makes no sense if you really think about it.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Experience with debating creationists, or experience with TR's "debates"? Just how long has this kid been doing this?
    It's based on my experience debating him in his 2 ignorance vs evidence threads in the D&D. The first one he started in the Athenaeum in October of 2009. There are some real gems in the first few responses of that thread. Phier's description was so eloquently accurate of the ensuing madness that TR posted and continues to post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    This isn't a scientific discussion, this is you throwing down a gauntlet of scientific ignorance. You will be the rock of faith while waves of logic crash over you. By announcing you are a young earth creationist you have said 'I don't care about evidence, I have my belief and evidence will be provided for it as I like to interpret it.

As I showed on Page 3, if TR argues "Testing faith" and Created Antiquity, then he must dismiss science as something designed to test our faith and something which cannot be trusted, thus conceding every previous argument he made.

Debate over.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

My reaction to the latest:

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

I read until the part where relism says
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Creationist Spambot
    I guess you don't know much about worldviews then
    and just lost it.

Since he's denying your definition of what a worldview is and (basically) insulting you, I don't know how this debate can continue. He also refused to stop blatantly copying Creationist sites and admitted that they're his only real source. The rest of his argument was jumbled and incoherent to me.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by total relism
    “evolutionist reject as a matter of printable not because of evidence “
    F.M harold 2001 the way of the cell molecules organisms and the order of life oxford university press new york new york

Really? ...Really?

Well no wonder "evolutionists" are so block-headed! If it can't be printed they'll reject it, whatever "it" may be!

I really enjoy TR's complete dismissal of the star formation image. "Oh look, a picture of space!"

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the proof evolutionist need is organism upward change change not similarities
    If similarity proves common ans-ester clouds 100% water, water melon 97% the missing link is jellyfish 98%
    the honda prelude and the honda accord have thousands of interchangeable parts they are very similar , did they both evolve from a skateboard or was the same guy making them both for similar purposes?
    If there were a common designater you would aspect similarities like chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream would have similar ingredients than cake.
    god uses similarity's in creation to show one creator , animals have to have same basic biochemistry so we can eat.
    Also evolutionist have no problem distorting evidence to support there common ancestor idea in textbooks to help make sure the kids believe their religion
    https://store.creation.com/us/produc...d18eac9c1c24a8

TR used senseless irrelevant text against my faith in humanity.
    It's super effective!

One day, hopefully, new-Earthers will understand the difference between evolution and an old-Earth.

"animals have to have same basic biochemistry so we can eat."

Or it's because of a common ancestor That's some of the best evidence for evolution.
    I also love it how god designed some animals with slightly different biochemistry to trick us and poison us.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Wow what the hell man, I cant even believe people like this exist... The utter lack of general knowledge regarding anything he is spewing as fact is just mind blowing, and I frankly cant even read it without wanting to hurt myself. How can humanity progress when people like this are hindering our ability to?

TR's posts pretty much mirror exactly the same crap he used to post in the Ignorance vs. Evidence threads now, massive copy pasta spam

Quote Originally Posted by Icewolf View Post
    How can humanity progress when people like this are hindering our ability to?
    Don't worry, as long as they don't hold any power they're not hindering anyone but themselves. Humanity will continue to progress and they'll be left in the dust with their bibles and iron age dogma.
    Last edited by Gordon Freynman; September 30, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

One can only hope....

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I'm reading Total Relism's latest post at work right now.

My Boss is looking at me funny because I'm slamming my head into the counter.

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Holy . TR said this:

"I love science and people who study it, science was started by Christians "

I'm infuriated...

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

I love these debates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Holy . TR said this:

I'm infuriated...

Come now, don't you recall those great pillars of Christianity Strato and Aristarchus? Those new world Christians in the Mayan world who studied the skies and came up with some of the most precise measurements of of astrological time. All great Christians, they just didn't know it at the time. Honestly, the ignorance of people.

Tellin yeah man, like the Death of Thousand cuts, the rubber chicken form debate will beat you senseless over time.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Well, much of what modern science is came from Christians, however, I wouldn't go as far as TR did in claiming "science was started by Christians." Wait, wait, wait. Does the original quote actually have the smilie in it? If it does then that might be pretty hilarious, as if TR is face-palming to his own statement. Back on topic though, just because someone who influenced science was Christian doesn't mean science is Christian. It's like saying modern astronomy is Italian because of Galileo. That's just a stupid statement for so many reasons. It's obvious to anyone with an intelligence that science as we know it is influenced by many people who believed in many religions or no religion at all.

And again, I don't understand any of TR's arguments about geology. He keeps mentioning bends in the rock...or something. Honestly, and this isn't a surprise to anyone, basically everything he posts is barely coherent. We've all asked him to use proper grammar and spell correctly but he is either unable to or ignores our requests. How are you supposed to debate someone when half the time you don't understand what the hell they're arguing?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

I have quickly reviewed this debate and I must say only one thing regarding TR

I am very open minded to all discussions and ideas from dogma or science. I must say religion was in the way in the society from the beginning and without it, our world would be more advanced in any case. But when I saw this, ignorance is reflected from his posts, while AA is such a great debater, direct, real, THE king!

The Gods were created to explain phenomenon that we couldn't find logical reason (until we have the tool to find the answer). Science is the tool and when he said that science is Christian, this is totally insulting! How many "heretics" were burned because they did a real and important discovery for humanity, think about it.

What frustrates me is this guy not only cheating (copypasta) but his sources are the same as a nowhere guy can write on wikipedia while AA do real researches and put efforts on this.

I wish the best of luck to AA , that guy just want to test his patience and have his moment of glory/attention. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Freynman View Post
    Don't worry, as long as they don't hold any power they're not hindering anyone but themselves.
    I must ask: how many man-hours have been wasted here, by AA and all debate followers? S'all good if such temporal squandary is intentional and well-nigh inevitable, yet maybe we might use our finite time here on Earth to accomplish something more tangible than adding further commentary to what we all know will ultimately result in...Nothing Whatsoever?

With that said: I'm off to recalibrate an IRGA so the students can screw it up again next week, forget its purpose by Halloween, fail the class by December and do it all over again in Spring 2012...cheers!
    Giving tax breaks to the wealthy, is like giving free dessert coupons to the morbidly obese.

IDIOT BASTARD SON of MAVERICK

Himster's Avatar Praeses

wow a picture of space
    These comments are so incredibly retarded that I have to assume TR is a genius satirist. Nobody can be this stupid and be able to use a computer.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post
    I must ask: how many man-hours have been wasted here, by AA and all debate followers? S'all good if such temporal squandary is intentional and well-nigh inevitable, yet maybe we might use our finite time here on Earth to accomplish something more tangible than adding further commentary to what we all know will ultimately result in...Nothing Whatsoever?
    Wasting a few hours of one's free time isn't really hindering humanity's progress, I don't think. And the people at the forefront of advances in knowledge and technology probably couldn't care less about these pseudoscientific intellectual frauds and wouldn't waste their time with them anyway, so it's all harmless really.