Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Yeah you can't uninstall BftB2 so yes I did just mean to reinstall it over the top of your current one.

Yes if you could try reinstalling SS entirely that might help. Make sure you delete the SS6.3 folder before you reinstall to ensure everything is new. Make sure UAC is turned off and make sure you run SS as full administrator.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

The full re-install did not solve the issue, I may try it again tomorrow but am too out out for now. Here is my current system log from the SS6.3 folder - there is also one in the MTW2 folder, which I think is what I posted last time - which is more relevant?

Looks like there are some unit and building errors among other things, but I have no idea what this means.
    Last edited by Genosse; October 06, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

I'll attach the Medieval 2 syslog as well.

The only log that matters is the one in the SS folder. The unit and building messages in that one aren't a problem.

What is the problem though is the fact that the game can't find traits. You said previously that you have UAC disabled. Is it still disabled? And are you running SS with full administrator rights?

UAC is off, just re-checked.

I have run as administrator checked in the compatibility tab for both SS 6.4 shortcut on my desktop and for the SS launcher. I also checked this on 'for all users' in the same tab. Keep in mind I don't really know computers so if it's anything more complicated than that, I'll need guidance.

I also tried configuring it without BRG, but that didn't make a difference.

Can you try running the BftB2 installer (and the hotfix) with any anti-virus software you have running disabled?

I have Trend Micro AV - so far, disabling it didn't work, though I may try a full SS reinstall with it disabled.

Could it matter what folder I have MTW2 installed in, I know some games don't like to be in program files for some reason - mine's in Program Files (x86)

Having it in Program Files can be a problem but if you have UAC disabled it's usually fine. But maybe try reinstalling M2TW outside of Program Files.

Starting a new BftB campaign caused a unexpected error and CTD for me too. No matter how I shuffled campaign files with SS_Setup. The regular campaigns did work.

Then I reinstalled SS completely, and avoided running SS_Setup until I had all files for BftB 2.0 in place. Now it works. If you're interested, my M2TW is installed outside of Program Files and I didn't turn on BGR.
    Last edited by jeweetwel_youknow; October 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Caesar, installing it outside of Programs didn't change anything - I will try Jeweetwel's method and report back.

Im running Vista...my kingdoms version is the latest as I bought it two years ago in a store long after it came out...no submods other than BftB...playin late era Kiev. In Serdobinskaya there are Opolcheniye silver surfers. I just took it and they were defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    Im running Vista...my kingdoms version is the latest as I bought it two years ago in a store long after it came out...no submods other than BftB...playin late era Kiev. In Serdobinskaya there are Opolcheniye silver surfers. I just took it and they were defending it.
    Thanks for the report +rep

Playing as HRE and just got the Hanseatic league guild in Antwerp, playing vanilla SS 6.4 campaign.

It is giving me a -5% penalty to law and lets me recruit cavalry militia, at the bottom says can't translate.

Is this a bug as well? I thought this guild gets 3 levels like other guilds in Bftb 2 now?

Maybe my install is bugged? or is this and the problems i've had with Sweden different?

I'll take a look. Yes there are 3 levels of the Hanseatic guild: Guild house, Kontor and HQ

Actually now that I think of it, go into SS6.3\data\text and delete export_buildings.strings.bin and see if that helps with the translation error.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; October 18, 2011 at 07:53 PM.

Success! Caesar and Jeweetwel, thank you both for your help on this.

Domesticus

I havent read the entire thread, but uh, the Crusader States got killed in my game, and a King of Jerusalem and Faction Destroyed message pops up TWICE each turn at the beginning of the turn. Not sure if this is a BftB problem or 6.4 in general, but either way, sure you can help

You mean it pops up every turn since they were destroyed?

Domesticus

Yep, at least the three turns I played after it happened. And its two messages each time. Could be fixed next time I start the game up, maybe.

Lets see, prior to their defeat, I gave them a 1000 gold for 10 turns deal, 10,000 gold, and map trade. I wanted to keep them alive, I thought some money would help <_<

Playing as the Kingdom of Sweden, easy/easy, early era campaign

Domesticus

Ok, didnt work. Just started up, played a turn, and boom, double messages. Also, it could be useful to note that the King of Jerusalem message mentions Order Brothers?

The Crusader States dont appear in the turn thing, nor do they have a listing on diplomacy or anything, they are legit dead except for the message

I probably goofed trying to back them up with Swedish money I just wanted them to help my Swedish Outremer!

Domesticus

Ok, it seems to have resolved itself

The Crusaders were killed off by the Fatimids at Antioch, and I bought Edessa(bribery), so maybe that fixed it, or my 1000 gold for 10 turns went up, I forgot to check to see if it was still being sent to them though