Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Game runnin fine till Teutonic Order arrived,turn after they beseiged Lithuanian fortress and CTD,log read..

13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1712, column 53
    Building level name hansa not found as a level in building database
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1722, column 53
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1733, column 53
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1796, column 41
    Building level name guild_hanseatic_guild not found as a level in building database
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1808, column 39
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1819, column 39
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1829, column 39
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1839, column 39
    13:41:25.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1849, column 40
    14:02:43.625 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'TO Bodyguard'.
    14:02:52.140 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Tried to find the unit in export_descr_unit and was not there CC.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Are you running any other submods?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

No,no other submods bud,was thinkin of running banes Campaign Script Customisation Project but waiting for others who are running it with BotB first too see if there are any issues,if nobody else is having an issue with TO arriving on map and running a few turns ill reinstall over and add the hotfix again,will get back to ya buddy.

Ok found the problem and updated the hotfix. Sorry but you're going to have to start a new campaign.

No apologies bud,all part of running through the mod and finding any bugs as we progress,glad there actualy was a problem and wasnt something wrong my side to be honest

Default CTD on Kwarazhem turn in 1225

Hello,

im enjoying the MTW2 Campaign of my life. So damn heavy hard and nice. Playing as Aragon. But in turn 1225 (Mongols invaded a few turns before) the game crashes always when Kwarazhem turn is.
    I deleted Map.rwm as well as all text files in the text DIR.

Can anyone provide help

18:05:49.733 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:05:49.733 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:05:49.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:05:49.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:05:49.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:05:49.737 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:05:49.737 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:05:49.737 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:05:51.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 12717, column 40
    missile range of 179 is impossible with projectile war_mass_arrow (max range 179)
    18:05:51.885 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10029, column 205
    unit(Merchant Cavalry Militia) does not match up to the ownership for faction(sweden)
    18:05:51.886 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10050, column 205
    unit(Merchant Cavalry Militia) does not match up to the ownership for faction(sweden)
    18:05:51.887 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10076, column 205
    18:05:51.890 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10177, column 116
    unit(Hashishim Mercenaries) does not match up to the ownership for faction(moors)
    18:05:51.890 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10193, column 114
    unit(Hashishim Mercenaries) does not match up to the ownership for faction(moors)
    18:05:51.891 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 10213, column 116
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1616, column 52
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1627, column 52
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1637, column 48
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1679, column 53
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1690, column 50
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1701, column 53
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1712, column 53
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1722, column 53
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1733, column 53
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1796, column 41
    Building level name guild_hanseatic_guild not found as a level in building database
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1808, column 39
    18:05:51.921 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1819, column 39
    18:05:51.922 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1829, column 39
    18:05:51.922 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1839, column 39
    18:05:51.922 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1849, column 40
    18:07:33.540 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'TO Bodyguard'.
    18:07:33.540 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War

Sorry you need to install the latest hotfix and start a new game

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Hey,

youre talking to me, right? Well i actually downloaded the hotfix...but since there is no version number i dont know if you updated the old one...im confused about that release thread.
    Anyway, yesterday i did download the bftb2 hotfix.exe again and installed everything except the EDU since i modded it heavily.

Do i need to replace the EDU and do i need to restart my campaign and will this fix my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
    youre talking to me, right? Well i actually downloaded the hotfix...but since there is no version number i dont know if you updated the old one...im confused about that release thread.
    The title of the thread tells you when the hotfix was updated.

Do i need to replace the EDU and do i need to restart my campaign and will this fix my problem?
    There are changes in the EDU for the Order Militia so you should either replace the EDU or just copy in the entry for Order Militia. Yes this will fix your problem. As for starting a new campaign, I wouldn't have said:
    if you didn't need to

Always run SS_Setup.exe after installing the hotfix
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; October 04, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't recruit Gridni in both late and early campaigns neither by Kiev, nor by Novgorod. Tried completely reinstalling SS and BftB with the latest hotfix, still the same:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In recruitment pool some units are repeated several times (or is it intended?):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And can't recruit Chornye Klobuki and Mounted Luchniki even in late campaign. They appear later?

Upon trying to start a campaign game, it says 'Medieval 2: Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. (OK)' Have tried with several factions. I am new to SS so I don't have any submods, SS 6.4 is installed into my original SS 6.3 folder, and BftB 2.0 is installed into SS 6.3, and the hotfix as well (unless I needed to install the hotfix into a BftB folder instead?) SS original works, I have windows 7 and UAC disabled.

Sounds like I've caused a no-brainer compatibility error here, but if no one immediately has an answer, I'll post some more system details.

Thanks.

Did you run SS_Setup.exe?

Yessir, I have it on BftB campaign, with bgr IV baltic version and savage AI, thats all.

Is there a movie that plays that needs flash or some plugin like that, I may need to update?
    Last edited by Genosse; October 04, 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Genosse can you post your system.log.txt file after the CTD happens.

Skoromax: can you open up SS6.3\data\export_descr_buildings.txt and do a search for Gridni and see what comes up.

Skoromax: can you open up SS6.3\data\export_descr_buildings.txt and do a search for Gridni and see what comes up.
    Searched for Gridni, found 0 entries.
    But if I install hotfix again, and do not run SS_setup the following entries appear in export_descr_buildings.txt:

Line 3786: recruit_pool "Gridni" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource kievan_rus
    Line 3982: recruit_pool "Gridni" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource kievan_rus
    Line 4713: recruit_pool "Gridni" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource russia
    Line 4714: recruit_pool "Gridni" 0 0.17 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    Line 4724: recruit_pool "Gridni" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource kievan_rus
    Line 4725: recruit_pool "Gridni" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, } and hidden_resource russia

After i run SS_setup and choose any campaign they disappear again
    And also there are no entries for Chernye Klobuki at all

p.s. Gridni are local units? Oo
    Last edited by Skoromax; October 05, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Here's my system.log.txt file - I also occasionally have the BftB splash screen freeze up and have to be closed before it gets into the actual game loading screen - this happened with SS 6.4 also, but not frequently.

Skoromax: Thanks! Now I know what the problem is. Updating hotfix now

Genosse: Are you running this on Steam?

No, but it is a digital download off of gamersgate.com - I had MTW2 on CD, but bought the gold version online to get Kingdoms, this is what I've used for SS and BftB. Other than the download, it has seemed identical to a CD version, there is no proprietary system like steam - I bought a Rome TW + expansions pack from the same site and have used many mods with it, Rise of Persia, EB, Roma Surrectum 2, etc. with no problems.

Can you try reinstalling Genosse.

Caesar, I could not find any BftB data or folders in my SS 6.3/mods folder to uninstall, nor does BftB show up in my control panel programs list (not real familiar with the SS mods situation, so this may be normal) so I simply re-installed BftB + hotfix into the 6.3 folder (6.4 is there too of course) and no luck, same crash. Would you like me to try reinstalling SS entirely?