Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Do you know any way to fix this?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

This sub mod is for 6.4 not 6.0, he did make a previous version for 6.0, but it needed 6.1 installed

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    This sub mod is for 6.4 not 6.0, he did make a previous version for 6.0, but it needed 6.1 installed
    sorry I meant 6.4 not 6.0

Select SS Set Up in MTW2/Mods/6.3 , Right Click and Run As Admin

Hello, my game always have CTD.
    Win 7
    Kingdoms 1.5
    Stainless steel 6.4
    without any submods

CTD in start loading

09:17:01.970 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:17:01.971 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    09:17:02.054 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:17:02.087 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:17:02.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:17:02.195 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:17:02.236 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:17:02.261 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:17:13.421 [script.err] [error] Script Error in ../../../../Program Files (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 733, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'early heavy horse'.
    09:17:13.421 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file ../../../../Program Files (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

[campaign] baltic
    [scripts] AiSavage.txt
    [translation] English (default)

Thanks for any help

Did you install with your UAC disabled?

reinstalled all total war and everything works well. Thanks for answer.

Don't know if there is anybody supporting this mod any longer, but I am playing Baltic, (great mod) and I have a "ghost" issue on Sweden's Merchant Cavalry. The unit has all it's riders ghosts. Is there a quick fix to this? Thanks.

Hello Gigantus,

I have attached my system log, and basically what is happening is I select a faction in the faction selection menu, and start a campaign, and then just as the loading bar fills up and the game is about to start, it CTD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

10:16:23.119 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/middle_eastern_sultan_novgorod.tga is missing
    10:16:23.126 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

That appears to be an issue with the sub mod, that texture is missing, it's certainly not in the Stainless Steel installation.

To fix it proceed as follows:
    - open data\descr_model_strat.txt
    - use the 'find' function to locate the entry for middle_eastern_sultan_novgorod.tga
    - replace the file name entry with one of the following:
    middle_eastern_sultan_kwarezm.tga
    middle_eastern_sultan_egypt.tga
    middle_eastern_sultan_turks.tga
    middle_eastern_sultan_moors.tga
    middle_eastern_sultan_timurids.tga
    - alternatively have a look in the data\models_strat\textures directory to see if there is perhaps a typo in the file name and then adjust the entry in descr_model_strat (or edit the file name)

I have been trying to download the mod, but had no success, can you give me the link from where you downloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post

sorry, I'm not good at formatting comments but this is from the last page of this thread:[RELEASE] Battle for the Baltic 2.0 for SS6.4 (Hotfix updated 22nd December)

Blog Entries

Great, thanks!

I'll try and see if I can fix it. If so then I'll make an installer and update the download thread with it.

Edit: good news, I have been able to fix a number of crash reasons and now got the sub mod going. Before compiling the installer I will check for common errors and silver surfers. Hopefully I'll be able to publish a download link in the next 48 hours.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 17, 2020 at 09:41 AM.

Excellent! You are awesome Gigantus! I'm sure this is already on your mind if you are going through all this trouble creating an installer, but hopefully you can forward some of the Meloo fixes to it. It's such a worthwhile thing to have extra factions in Medieval 2 (Sweden in this case) because of the limited amount of them compared to newer titles, but it would also be a shame not to get the benefits of the bugfix.

Blog Entries

The bugfix is already included in the base installation of Stainless Steel - it's a mess trying to figure out which files were edited by the fix and then overwritten by this sub mod. My aim is simply to make this mod playable again and remove whatever problem I can find with the assortment of tools at my disposal.

Like the silver surfers for the chude militia unit - can be recruited by every faction and has only textures for 5 of them. Ditto transilvanian peasants and late musketeers.

Thanks Gigantus you are great...i tried install to Stainless Steel Meloo fix and the submod it was ctd...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The bugfix is already included in the base installation of Stainless Steel - it's a mess trying to figure out which files were edited by the fix and then overwritten by this sub mod. My aim is simply to make this mod playable again and remove whatever problem I can find with the assortment of tools at my disposal.

Like the silver surfers for the chude militia unit - can be recruited by every faction and has only textures for 5 of them. Ditto transilvanian peasants and late musketeers.
    Greetings Gigantus. Did you have time to make the BotB submod playable again? I tinkered with fixing the submod this weekend, but I am a novice at editing and hope that a proficient person such as yourself will encounter greater success.

Guys,

This sub mod was created by Caesar Clivus 10yrs ago and I was his Beta Tester and I am very sure that he corrected 6.4 Bugs in this sub mod. I did not get a single CTD in a campaign I played with Sweden. I also know he played a campaign thru. Now Meloo's fix was 4 years later and I don't believe you need to install and it was certainly not tested as it did not exist. Hopefully Jurand of Cracow might pass this way and endorse what I have said, know he played this Sub Mod. This sub mod is very playable without Meeloo's fix, although I do accept that Gigantus has found a missing texture, is this after installing Meloo's fix?

NJ

Hi NJ, and thanks once again for the effort that you guys put into making the submod. I do recall that BotB was stable in the past, so it's more than likely that it is Meloo's fix that is causing the new compatibility issues. If Gigantus can fix the issues then that would of course be great. If due to a lack of time or any other reason he cannot, then we would have to reload SS6.4 without Meloo's fix

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Guys,

This sub mod was created by Caesar Clivus 10yrs ago and I was his Beta Tester and I am very sure that he corrected 6.4 Bugs in this sub mod. I did not get a single CTD in a campaign I played with Sweden. I also know he played a campaign thru. Now Meloo's fix was 4 years later and I don't believe you need to install and it was certainly not tested as it did not exist. Hopefully Jurand of Cracow might pass this way and endorse what I have said, know he played this Sub Mod. This sub mod is very playable without Meeloo's fix, although I do accept that Gigantus has found a missing texture, is this after installing Meloo's fix?

NJ
    I also played BFTB before, and it was stable. This must have something to do with Meloo's bugfixes and/or the new "complete" SS that Gigantus uploaded recently having some minor incompatibility, sounds like he is on top of it though.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I don't think Meloo's fixes are compatible with anything more than clean SS6.4. They're included in the Titanium, though.