Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Please post any bugs you find in BftB. Following the guidelines below will help to give a solution to your problem.

1. Try to select a meaningful title and to answer the following questions:
    - What is your operation system? (WinXP, Vista, Windows 7) If using Vista or 7, did you deactive the User Account Control while installing?
    - What version of Kingdoms do you have? (1.4, 1.5)
    - What version of Stainless Steel are you using? (6.0, 6.1,...)
    - What submods have you installed with said version (if any)?

2. Describe your problem.

2.1 If your issue is a CTD (crash to desktop) or unexpected error open your SS.System.log file in \Medieval II Total War\logs\ with Word, OO or notepad and include the last 10 lines (6.3 needs 100 lines or better yet the full log as zipped attachment) in your post. In case you are posting more then 10 lines be sure to use a spoiler tag enclosing the log (use [ spoiler ] contents of system.log [ /spoiler ] without the spaces). 6.3 and 6.4 users should access their log from start menu -> stainless steel -> error log.

2.2 If your game freezes or crashes on an AI turn tell us the last faction active (as indicated by the highlighted shield/heraldry at the top of your screen) before the crash. Use "follow ai movement" and the reveal map cheat "toggle_fow" to identify the last action of the AI before the crash. Often campaigns can be saved by simply preventing that action.

PS: Thanks bane for the text

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Default Re: Bug Reports for Battle for the Baltic 2.0

Hello

I encountered a possible bug during trying to make the campaign to 2tpy. I started with a normal late campaign/savageAi/watchtower setup and began to change files:
    First i commented out the "aging script in "campaign_script.txt", then changed timescale to 0.50 in the "descr_strat.txt" and then i went to the data folder of the BftB mod to change the values inside the "descr_campaign_db.xml" to enable the devastation again.

Reading some threads, how to enable/disable, i found out that setting this for lines
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <fort_devastation_distance uint="20"/>
    <army_devastation_distance uint="20"/>
    <fort_devastation_modifier float="1.0"/>
    <army_devastation_modifier float="1.0"/>

inside the "descr_campaign_db.xml" to 0 would disable the devastation and adding some values would enable the devastation.

With that knowledge i went to the "descr_campaign_db.xml" file to enable the devastation, because without the aging script (which i disabled at my first step) there wouldn't be the devastation bug, which caused the devastation not to disappear. But i found, that this four lines was already set to a value.

Considering that i had at the beginning a clean Late/savageAI/watchtower setup with 1tpy and ageing script and the devastation turned on, won't that cause the devastation bug?
    Considering also that there is no "descr_campaign_db.xml" inside the backup files, which are used during the setup.exe for all campaigns, won't this cause the devastation bug also for the early campaign?
    For the BftB Campaign it should work, because there is no ageing script.

Hope i did understand correctly, how the devastation bug is caused and how to prevent it, so that what i wrote is correct. If not, im sorry for the circumstance

regards

p.s. i didn't test, if the devastation is disappearing or staying during a normal setup.
    Last edited by Ukawi; September 20, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

using windows 7 UAC turned off.
    Not sure which Kingdoms version
    Clean 6.4 with BftB

Swedish speak with Italian accents.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCnut View Post
    using windows 7 UAC turned off.
    Not sure which Kingdoms version
    Clean 6.4 with BftB

Swedish speak with Italian accents.
    Sweden uses the eastern european accent set. Go into SS6.3\data\sounds and delete events.idx and events.dat and load the game.

Ukawi: I'll look into it.

On this one battle for some reason, I crash :/ I am currently playing as Norway and with Sweden as reinforcements against the HRE.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:13:03.442 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11939, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit43'.
    17:13:03.442 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11939, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit44'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit45'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit46'.
    17:13:03.443 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11939, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit47'.
    17:13:03.443 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11939, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit48'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit49'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit50'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit51'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit52'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit53'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit54'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit55'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit56'.
    17:13:03.444 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11939, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit57'.
    17:13:03.444 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 11940, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'General4'
    17:13:04.531 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I am running SS 6.4, Kingdoms 1.5, Vista, UAC was turned off...blahdy blahdy blah, help please

hey,
    great mod, but i encountered a bug when fighting the swedish faction: all their banners are black ( even when units rout ). heres a picture:
    http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4946/bannerbug.png

barthigi: That looks like a problem with the BattleAI

Qwertz: Install the hotfix.

Is an CTD before starting custom battle normal ?

Yes. Most of the custom battle maps dont work in 6.4

Do you know any who work ?

Ummm...off the top of my head, grassy plain and eidelweiss do. There's one that will come up as being completely underwater. Both armies get destroyed the second you go to deployment. Amusing but annoying.

I am using Windows 7. During installation, I did not remove UAC but did give myself full control over the folder according to the steps shown in the UAC guide.

My version of Kingdoms is 1.05.

My version of SS is of course, 6.4.

No submods installed.

I have noticed that on the Grassy Plains map (which I have confirmed to work) and other maps, two units of Venice which are the Fanteria Pesante and the Pesante Archers cause CTDs in the loading screen. It does not matter what type of armor they are using. All other units seem to work. This is the case against any faction.

Attaching the system log for the CTD

Thanks.

I think that could be a known bug with SS6.4. BftB2 definitely doesn't touch those units. I'll see what I can do.

edit: Hmm...I can't replicate the bug. It loads up fine on my game.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; September 26, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

Since the log says there is a script error on export_descr_buildings and export_descr_guilds, would someone uploading their versions of those two text files and me copying it help fix the problem?

No those errors aren't causing the bug. The log throws them up as warnings, not errors. They are supposed to be there.

Can I suggest turning UAC off and seeing if that helps?

Managed to fix it by reinstalling M2TW. Thanks for your help.

Cool. Glad you got it fixed

one day's Avatar Semisalis

I found the small bug in EDU. It is incorrect name of model for Order militia. Until official patch here is my fixed EDU file.

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    I found the small bug in EDU. It is incorrect name of model for Order militia. Until official patch here is my fixed EDU file.
    Sorry you haven't fixed it. You assigned the wrong model. The one that's there in the EDU is the correct one. The second one should be ug1, not ug2.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; September 30, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Sorry you haven't fixed it. You assigned the wrong model. The one that's there in the EDU is the correct one. The second one should be ug1, not ug2.
    Suprise. So, bug is ug2 not baltic spearment model ? But on the unitīs card for order militia is something different.
    Last edited by one day; September 30, 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast