Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uí Néill Faction Submod [1.0 RELEASED]

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Uí Néill

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    I don't suppose anyone with a working grasp of 3d / .cas files would like to give me a hand so i can finish this submod?

Basically i have the skin done (.tga) and it would help greatly if someone who actually knows what they're doing could just put it on the mesh. Attached are the .cas file and the .tga. This is the last thing to do and i've already spent hours on it and am no closer to figuring it out.
    If it's using the same model as the other Irish and the same textures just different colors then it should already be applied? Maybe I misunderstood you though

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Uí Néill

It's the little flags that hang over cities in the fog of war, which tells you that last time you saw them they belonged to for example connacht or wesex etc. Apparently they don't act the same as the general / captain .cas files afaik.

I could be wrong and going about this the wrong way but i don't think so.

Thanks to Gigantus for the help with the symbol_oneill.cas (i say help, but really he made it ) i hopefully will have a first release of the Uí Néill submod ready some time tomorrow There is one glitch i have to figure out but it's not game breaking as such, Munsters accent has changed to S. European but hopefully that will be only a case of moving where the new faction is in descr_sm_factions (afaik anyway).
    Last edited by smoesville; October 04, 2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Default Re: Uí Néill [1.0 RELEASED]

Edited the OP, added the 1.0 version of the submod, hope people enjoy it and any errors or suggestions people have let me know

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Edited the OP, added the 1.0 version of the submod, hope people enjoy it and any errors or suggestions people have let me know
    Good job mate! I will try this...!

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Good job mate! I will try this...!
    One error i'm aware of is the accents seem to be really hard to figure out, because i added the Ui Neill, Munster now has a S.European accent. Maybe someone on the dev team might know what's going on.

Default Re: Uí Néill Faction Submod [1.0 RELEASED]

This is very nice smoesville! +Rep from me, mate!

I hope you get on some progress with your Dunedain mod as well . !

EDIT : need to spread some Rep first, but I will add as soon as I can
    Last edited by khatmar; October 06, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

One error i'm aware of is the accents seem to be really hard to figure out, because i added the Ui Neill, Munster now has a S.European accent. Maybe someone on the dev team might know what's going on.
    do you read that in the dev.forum?

Thanks I've been thinking about it and another addition could be bloodlines for the northern and southern dynasties which could also be expanded to cover the royal bloodlines of all the other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    do you read that in the dev.forum?
    Thanks Danova, I've looked at it but that's about it. I'm a bit busy to do much atm because i'm starting a new job on Monday

Domesticus

Awesome I'll download it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Awesome I'll download it tonight
    Thank you Though Danova and other devs deserve most of the credit I hope it both entertains and makes you interested in medieval ireland The reason i love Med 2 so much Also if you want a bit of a read i'll give you the links to some of the online sources i have

Domesticus

I got it downloaded and installed I had to reinstall TLK because I messed up the extraction, but no big deal XD Is this compatable with the TLK hotfix BTW?

And I'll take some sources, sure I love medieval Ireland, and its great to see someone went as far as to add a new faction to represent another Irish faction If I could code and such, and wasnt on Dial Up, I'd love to create a "Celtic Twilight" submod for Stainless Steel, redo the Scottish, and add Ireland and Wales back to the game, redone of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    I got it downloaded and installed I had to reinstall TLK because I messed up the extraction, but no big deal XD Is this compatable with the TLK hotfix BTW?

And I'll take some sources, sure I love medieval Ireland, and its great to see someone went as far as to add a new faction to represent another Irish faction If I could code and such, and wasnt on Dial Up, I'd love to create a "Celtic Twilight" submod for Stainless Steel, redo the Scottish, and add Ireland and Wales back to the game, redone of course!
    I'll have to wait until i get home to give you the sources. It is compatible since neither edit the same files

General history of medieval ireland

The Ui Neill and also there's loads of maps on this site aswell.

Warfare in Monastic ireland

Raiding and Warring in Monastic Ireland

Annals of Ulster

Irish archery in the Viking period

Irish history, a general listing of online books about it.

Some are probably more accurate than others but just for general knowledge they're all mostly good though a few are academically written.

Huh, I just installed, played through a three hours of turns and got a crash at an end turn. I think its related to your submod , because in my previous campaign nothing like that happened.

here is the system log

16:06:08.454 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:06:08.454 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:06:08.532 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:06:08.594 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:06:08.625 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:06:08.649 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:06:08.680 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:06:08.735 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:12:40.501 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.
    I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Huh, I just installed, played through a three hours of turns and got a crash at an end turn. I think its related to your submod , because in my previous campaign nothing like that happened.

here is the system log
    Could you go to the preferences file in the last kingdom folder and in it change it so under the error log section, take the # in front of trace and put it on the line below because that error log doesn't really tell me anything

Oh, sure, then. I thought so at first, but I couldnt find it in the TLK subfolder. And it was turn 18 if its of any relevance.

EDIT: sry it has taken so long, but I find I am unable to attach anything here, so here are just the last few lines of the log

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:59:14.033 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/norman_generals/012.tga
    18:59:14.034 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/norman_generals/012.tga
    18:59:14.034 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/012.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.034 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/012.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.035 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/012.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.035 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/012.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.036 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/generic/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga
    18:59:14.045 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga
    18:59:14.046 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga.dds
    18:59:14.046 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    18:59:14.046 [system.io] [trace] file open,,124BBDE8,,not found
    18:59:14.046 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga,217308
    18:59:14.047 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    18:59:14.060 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga,,,-217308
    18:59:14.061 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 55 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.062 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 56 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.063 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Faction_Generals_Inital_Campaign_Experience> fired
    18:59:14.064 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Faction_Generals_Inital_Campaign_Experience> fired
    18:59:14.064 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Faction_Generals_Inital_Campaign_Experience> fired
    18:59:14.065 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Faction_Generals_Inital_Campaign_Experience> fired
    18:59:14.066 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Faction_Generals_Inital_Campaign_Experience> fired
    18:59:14.094 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 162 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.094 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 302 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.094 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 303 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.095 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 4484 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.095 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 4493 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/030.tga
    18:59:14.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/030.tga
    18:59:14.110 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.110 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.111 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.111 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.112 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/030.tga
    18:59:14.112 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/030.tga
    18:59:14.112 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.113 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.113 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.114 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/030.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.125 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 4501 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.125 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/008.tga
    18:59:14.125 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/008.tga
    18:59:14.126 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.126 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.127 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.127 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/008.tga
    18:59:14.127 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/008.tga
    18:59:14.128 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.128 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.129 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.129 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/008.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.131 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <spawn_army> at line 4512 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.132 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/040.tga
    18:59:14.132 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/040.tga
    18:59:14.133 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.134 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.134 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.135 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/040.tga
    18:59:14.135 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/pagan_generals/040.tga
    18:59:14.136 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.136 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.137 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/040.tga (from: J:\Záloha\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:59:14.148 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 4513 in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:59:14.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.149 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga.dds
    18:59:14.150 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.150 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga.dds
    18:59:14.150 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.188 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.189 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga.dds
    18:59:14.189 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.189 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga.dds
    18:59:14.190 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/hafrsfjord_battle.tga
    18:59:14.190 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga
    18:59:14.190 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    18:59:14.191 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    18:59:14.826 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.
    I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now.
    Last edited by khatmar; October 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM.

No worries, i'm only getting back to it now. Is there any chance you were hordaland when it crashed? And haven't used the hotfix?

Oh, yes thats it! Im playing Hordaland. Do you mean the hotfix for the unification? Well, I am playing with that one installed, actually. Do you mean some other hotfix I have missed?

It's this one, it fixes the crash that is caused by a historic event for hordaland. Just unzip it and stick it in the text folder in last_kingdom/data/text.

Download the LastQuickFix 2011.09.26.
    For version 3.06 - 40 kB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast