Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (30/11)

Now that's pretty awesome! I've been away from newer TW games playing M2TW and Modern Warfare for some time, and what do I see coming back. You win ten internets :-D

Thanks Taw, I wouldn't make it without your converters, so keep the five internets for you!!

Ok I need help because I don't know what I'm doing wrong trying to modify starpos.esf.

I'm trying to modify some units replacing them with other ones modified by me, so I replace the unit name in the 'type' textbox, click on set unit button, and the unit is , apparently , correctly modified (as the changes persist in the combobox). When I'm done with my changes, I build the esf and copy it to the right place into the game's folder, BUT, once I begin the campaign , the units are still vanilla (or the ones in the previous not-modified starpos).

I've also tried not building the starpos after changes, as this last step is not explicitly stated in the tutorial.

Please help!

Hey I really need help when I open the startpos.esf file it takes 2-3 mins but to save only take 5-10 seconds! All Im doing is trying to edit the $ to 10000 from 7500 for Britain!

Yes I save all the changes before I goto the next page!

Also the dates on the "New" startpos.esf is always for "Date modified: 11/2/2011 8:04 AM" "Date created 12/7/2011 5:36 AM" So its not saving!

Last how big is the "EasyEsf" folder supposed to get I've tried editing I think 5-6 times so far and the folder is already 677 MB!

Oh and how do you edit with the 3 buttons on the bottom or the menu bar at the top or does it not matter?

Great job btw!
    Last edited by Masteromen; December 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H Con View Post
    Yeah, got it here, if you want to have a look at it.

EDIT: Added regions.esf.
    First great job making Norway from emergent playable and Christiania a 5 slot city!

Your file helped me find the problem and release a fix. You can find it in the bottom of first post. Try it and feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucle_CT View Post
    Ok I need help because I don't know what I'm doing wrong trying to modify starpos.esf.

I'm trying to modify some units replacing them with other ones modified by me, so I replace the unit name in the 'type' textbox, click on set unit button, and the unit is , apparently , correctly modified (as the changes persist in the combobox). When I'm done with my changes, I build the esf and copy it to the right place into the game's folder, BUT, once I begin the campaign , the units are still vanilla (or the ones in the previous not-modified starpos).
    Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masteromen View Post
    Hey I really need help when I open the startpos.esf file it takes 2-3 mins but to save only take 5-10 seconds! All Im doing is trying to edit the $ to 10000 from 7500 for Britain!

Yes I save all the changes before I goto the next page!

Also the dates on the "New" startpos.esf is always for "Date modified: 11/2/2011 8:04 AM" "Date created 12/7/2011 5:36 AM" So its not saving!

Last how big is the "EasyEsf" folder supposed to get I've tried editing I think 5-6 times so far and the folder is already 677 MB!

Oh and how do you edit with the 3 buttons on the bottom or the menu bar at the top or does it not matter?

Great job btw!
    Both of you make sure that your rebuild file is copied back in Esf Folder, replacing the input one. For that, check the time of input and compare it with the one you'll find in there after the rebuild is finished. If it is the same then probably your OS does not let file to be copied back. You can find it in the program's main directory (where the exe is). Also do not forget to download the latest fix.

@ Masteromen the size is normal. It is about the size of 2 converted startpos.esf and 1 regions.esf. That means that you have at least tried to modify one startpos and add some building slots to a city.

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (15/12) Important fix for ETW version

That's it Husserl, great help as always!! Gonna try the update out tonight, I'll tell the results. Many thanks, man

H Con's Avatar Senator

YAY! It works now! Rep for thee!

One more question: When on the faction selection screen, Norway is shown to have 0 settlements, and faction leader image is whichever leader I viewed last, which means it's either the Maratha leader or the Great British leader. Is it possible to fix that?
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

I see that you have made more changes like Norwegian Monarch, excellent! Hmm... normally the portrait should be there... I'll add that to "To Do" list. For the moment open your startpos esf and enter the path of the portrait (ui/portraits/european/Cards/king/young/049.tga) here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About the starting region I had decided not to add that future because I thought users will be use it thinking that they could change regions ownership, making mess. So I am not sure that I will add this future. But since you'll mess with the Esf Editor here is the change you should make (denmark to norway):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 29, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

husserlTW, thank you very much for the excellent tool! You are genios!
    But I have a question. I'm trying to add more units in available army. I add one unit in one of the Austrian armies, then hit the SET UNIT, and then BILD STARTPOS, all goes well.

But when I open a folder ESF, it does not change the original ESF file! Similarly, if I return at the main menu and press the BILD ESF, no changes in original startpos. Where I can find the changed startpos or how I can get a correct changes?

Both of you make sure that your rebuild file is copied back in Esf Folder, replacing the input one. For that, check the time of input and compare it with the one you'll find in there after the rebuild is finished. If it is the same then probably your OS does not let file to be copied back. You can find it in the program's main directory (where the exe is).

husserlTW, I am sorry for molestation. I have in "ESF" folder and in "EasyEsf for NTW" folder the same startpos's. But they are original, unmoded files but where the rebuild file?
    Last edited by juve; December 17, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Look in ...\EasyEsf for NTW\ (not in ...\EasyEsf for NTW\ESF\ where normally it should be).

I have posted this question in the wrong thread but since problem still persist, I will ask here: after making changes to treasury of several factions, esf was rebuilt but this is what I got on campaign start up screen (attachment). Any ideas? I did use faction button (bottom screen)

there is an illegal entry some where. Check if you can you start a campaign (even if it is like this in game menu). Then zip startpos and upload it here.

CTD as soon as start button is pressed. As a test I set Poland's treasury to max value

When I install the fix 1_1_1 for etw it gives me this error "The program can't start because lua5.1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

What do I do?

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it lol! I read the instruction carefully.
    Last edited by Avanquest; December 22, 2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    CTD as soon as start button is pressed. As a test I set Poland's treasury to max value
    I think you do not follow tool's development...

Last, download attached EasyEasf_1_1_.7z and decompress it in EasyEsf for ETW directory, overwriting the existing files. This update fixes some problems occurred in FACTION page when changes were saved.
    ...and you have not installed latest update (one week ago)...

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Look in ...\EasyEsf for NTW\ (not in ...\EasyEsf for NTW\ESF\ where normally it should be).
    I did the same since I have the same problem with many other people. Although I did \EasyESF for ETW\ but the file still does not work.

There are 2 reasons for a startpos rebuild failure: an illegal entry in XML which produce a corrupted file (usually 0 kb size) or limited privileges which aborts some steps of the procedure (copying files, execute a CMD command, etc.). Unfortunately the application is based on Taw's converter which is a console program. That means that EasyEsf cannot monitor conversions and catch errors (that is why windows freeze when conversion is taken place). If you faithfully follow instructions and have full privileges in running programs and in Program Files folders, then you should not have any problem.

Things are far simpler and easier in EasyLoc and the upcoming EasyDb which are full Windows apps.
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 23, 2011 at 04:30 AM.

I do apologise, as indeed I didn't update ESF. I thought I would give it a brand new start: so I have reinstalled ESF and got new startpos from steam. This time the only changes I made were made to faction's treasuries: both major and minor.Starting screen was this time ok but CTD on start of campaign.Perhaps I should use top menus and do each faction individually.

Edited: adding money to Quebec was reason for CTD, will try now to test adding new units
    Last edited by Janek; December 24, 2011 at 04:15 AM.