Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

husserlTW, firstly thanks for your esf tutorials as well as this tool. the problem is that it doesn't work, any changes i make to startpos in easyesf have 0 effect on the game. infact it doesnt make any changes at all to the esf (i checked this with esfeditor). I would really like to make some simple changes, make an emergent playable here and there but when i tried with esfeditor i had no luck (crash on loading screen). I have tried following your troubleshooting advice (moved the directory to a new HD, ran as admin directly and reinstalled it and all associated items with no luck). Any help would be really appreciated as i used to do this straight through easyesf with your tutorials so im completely stumped!

Thanks

Look in Troubleshoot in first post and try an alternative way.

Hello
    I wanted to make smaller units, I managed it by editing DMUC_core.pack in DBEditor, but starting armies have still original counts. I loaded startpos.esf file, changed units size multiplier to 0.5, pasted startpos.esf back, but no change. Any ideas, what I did wrong?

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Is there an updated version of the ESF Editor in the works...because I have tried all the available ones to no avail...For Shogun...I saw where people have used this for Shogun but I have not been able to work it out for myself.
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; April 07, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Laetus

Icon5 Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Help!

First off, I love the concept of this and it is apperent a lot of work went into this, so thank you. However, I cannot seem to make this work and am wondering if somebody can help or has a work around.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and have installed EasyEsf and the update to 1.1. My installation went fine with no errors and the Jruby thing seems to have installed without a glitch.

I open EasyEsf and load a vanilla startpos file into the ESF folder (I know it is vanilla, because I deleted my original and had Steam verify my cache when it downloaded a new, clean vanilla version).

I click start and the ESF to XML conversion takes about 50 seconds and works fine. I then edit the file using the Factions button on the bottom. The XML folder shows that the contents are being modified based on the date and time of the folders. I then set faction changes and click on main page. I then click on Build Esf. The XML to ESF conversion doesn't seem to work. The conversion only takes 3 seconds and the file that is in the ESF folder and the main directory are both the original startpos file.

Does EasyEsf work with Windows 7? The XML to ESF conversion doesn't seem to work for me. This has the effect of not saving my changes. Is there a way I can use your Shogun2 XML2ESF program? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Laetus

Icon7 Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Wow, after much frustration, I have figured out my problem. It turns out that Nokogiri was not installed properly. I also did not have a install Nokogiri batch file in my main EasyEsf directory. I downloaded your Shogun 2 Converter and copy and pasted the Install Nokogiri batch file from the batch folder into my main EasyEsf directory. I then ran the batch file and kept getting RemoteFetcher and FetcherError type error codes on my CMD display. I turned off Windows firewall and kept running the batch file until it finally successfully completed. It turns out that internet congestion can make this hit or miss apperently! Now that Nokogiri batch file has successfully completed I have no further issues. EasyEsf is great, and i have no programming experience! It is totally wonderful...how can I donate to you?
    Thanks, hope this helps others.

That was a very useful info, thanks!. Nokogiri is in setup files but obviously it failed to be installed. I should have left it in main directory as well for such use... For a donation you can use Paypal (eapelp@gmail.com).

EDIT: I've attached nokogiri batch file.
    Last edited by husserlTW; April 24, 2012 at 06:21 AM.

Laetus

Icon7 Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Donation accomplished. Thanks again for this, I made my own custom mod this morning and it works great. I love being able to set my own victory conditions finally.

Thanks. I am glad that you can work with EasyEsf. It costed me a lot of time and effort to make it but most of the users have problems in using it. Btw download attached and unzip it in EasyEsf directory replacing existing files (keep a backup of them first just in case). It fixes some bugs. It is only for ETW.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Hey Hussarl

Is it possible to add building slots to regions with this?

Thanks for your time

| SPLENYI'S PROJECT - ROME 2 TW | BETTER CAMPAIGN CAMERA | USEFUL WEBSITES |
    | 4670K, Gryphon Z87, 8GB DDR3, GTX 780, AX760i, NH-U12S, SS 840 SSD, WD 1TB Black |

Yes you can.

WOW, that's nice. I was dreading having to add them myself.

License Agreement Quote
    4. Furthermore the author has no responsibility for any PC explosions, financial crises, global climate changes, nuclear explosions, wars, that might happen because of the use of this software.
    very nice

| 4670K, Gryphon Z87, 8GB DDR3, GTX 780, AX760i, NH-U12S, SS 840 SSD, WD 1TB Black |

4. Furthermore the author has no responsibility for any PC explosions, financial crises, global climate changes, nuclear explosions, wars, that might happen because of the use of this software.
    You never know...

I tried to add a new slot to alsace-lorraine, but got this error:

I followed all the steps correctly, then I Set Startpos, then went to click on Set Regions and got that message. What have I done wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. I gave it another shot and it worked

+rep to hussarl for making this amazing tool
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; April 23, 2012 at 07:15 AM.

Ok, I actually am having problems now.

After I make my changes (I gave Alsace-Lorraine 4 slots, all but the admiral one), I set the startpos and regions file, then I build the files. It says that it all works, and it shows me that the files have been created. But no changes come up in game, and the date of modification on the startpos.esf and regions.esf are not when I changed it.

I dont think it created them properly. Can I please have help? Thanks

Sorry for double posting, but one more question.

Does the regions.esf file go in the ESF Folder, or the HYBRID Folder? I put it in the esf folder, but I'm just checking if this is right.

It goes in ESF folder. If you receive an error like the one you posted, or make any mistake, it is better to stop and start the procedure again (copy fresh files in ESF folder, etc.). Adding slots works with no problems, this weekend I modified about 10 cities for my SD2 update.

If you have the same problem, take a look at the startpos and regions esf that are in main directory of EasyEsf for date and time.

EDIT: PROBLEMS SOLVED
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; April 23, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    ...but most of the users have problems in using it.
    Not me. It's just that I've been distracted by other things lately.

I wish there were a similar EasyEsf Editor for Rome TW and Medieval2 TW, but of course a bit different. See you around HusserTW!

I solved the problem. After reinstalling it (just in C:/ EE ETW, not in program files) it finally worked.