Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

  1. #1

    Default Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    I know that there are some campaign tiles that are epic defense points that have been custom created by the team and placed across the map...

    These are the confirmed customised tiles:
    One tile East of Moria.
    One tile West of Rivendell.
    One tile West of Minas Morgul. - FC Groningen


    These are tiles that are not customised, but are exploitable (use at the risk of your own conscience!):

    The bridge near Litash (East of Carn Dum). - NickTheGreek3
    The bridge East of Kugavod. - TBC

    Please let me know if anyone has found any others and please describe their whereabouts or co-ordinates.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by HandKing; September 07, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
    -HK

    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    I found an epic defensive spot while playing Eriador. It's the bridge near Litash (east of Carn Dum). There, the terrain is so rough that the enemy cannot go to the other side of the river. Also, if the enemy attacks from the northern part of the brigde, he is stuck in one spot and can't move. So what you do is deploying your archers along the opposite hill and slaughtering them with arrow bolts!


  3. #3
    Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Going to try that out! Haha

  4. #4

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    I found an epic defensive spot while playing Eriador. It's the bridge near Litash (east of Carn Dum). There, the terrain is so rough that the enemy cannot go to the other side of the river. Also, if the enemy attacks from the northern part of the brigde, he is stuck in one spot and can't move. So what you do is deploying your archers along the opposite hill and slaughtering them with arrow bolts!
    Ah! I've seen that one! Or... one similar!?
    The enemy had to march all the way to the edge of the map to walk down to the water level, and then march all the way back to the bridge along the riverbank - I think only a few cavalry made it to my infantry on the bridge
    -HK

    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Here's some screenshots of it:

    The terrain is so rough that both roads on the north and south of the bridge are not passable. The only way to cross the bridge is where I have deployed my infantry, and it's a really narrow passage (1-3 men can pass at the time).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    The enemy is stuck, so the only thing you have to do is deploy your archers at the opposite hill and shoot!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Result: 56% of the enemy killed, without losing a single man!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; September 07, 2011 at 08:00 AM.


  6. #6
    FC Groningen's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,059

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    one tile west of Minas Morgul.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    Here's some screenshots of it:

    The terrain is so rough that both roads on the north and south of the bridge are not passable. The only way to cross the bridge is where I have deployed my infantry, and it's a really narrow passage (1-3 men can pass at the time).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    The enemy is stuck, so the only thing you have to do is deploy your archers at the opposite hill and shoot!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Result: 56% of the enemy killed, without losing a single man!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    WTF!
    Haha! That's just crazy.

    Though that's a different place to the one I was defending! I think I was Dale VS Rhun on a bridge battle - Not sure if it was Kugavod? I might be lying...
    -HK

    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  8. #8
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    I dont' think that map was meant as epic defence point.. more like a faulty map.. xD

    if the roads had worked in it, then it would have been an epic map yes

  9. #9

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    I dont' think that map was meant as epic defence point.. more like a faulty map.. xD

    if the roads had worked in it, then it would have been an epic map yes
    Well if you are in a position where you can defend against anything but siege engines with nothing else but 2 units of archers, that's an epic defensive position!

    It's also the best place if you want to train your generals and archers.


  10. #10
    Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    i consider such a map cheating haha

  11. #11

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    i consider such a map cheating haha

    It's not my creation, so I'm not cheating. I'm just taking advantage of the terrain like any good general would do.


  12. #12

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Agree that this particular river is indeed cheating - rivers are meant to be easy to defend as it is
    But there are some good defensive areas out there which are meant to be there too!

    @FC Groningen:
    Ah yes I remember that one now... I'd forgotten about that

    Edit: Updated first post.
    Last edited by HandKing; September 07, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
    -HK

    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Campaign Map - 'Customised' Battle Tiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    i consider such a map cheating haha

    Haha still if the roads would work he got the high ground so he has the advantage.

    Nice one Nick the Greek3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •