Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Event Project [Work Thread] [1st Preview]

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Icon6 Event Project [Work Thread] [1st Preview]

Hello everyone!
    Actually me and Noobas are working to this project, which consists into adding several events in game.
    Events will be both historical, yes\no events, and chained events.
    There will be different pictures even for the same event, depending on:

culture
    faction type
    casuality

Here is a preview of the work we've completed so far (It is fine for both vanilla 0.53 and Enhanced 0.53 by cptTripz)
    An Event (Red comet spotted in Westeros) is fired at turn 2(visible at turn 3).

This will Not save-game compatible
    Nor any submod else compatible

Enjoy

Team:
    Me (coding and scripting)
    Noobas (2d Art)

NOTE: this is a work thread.
    If there are 2 or more files below, the 1st as always a sample, the other one are related to the event project.
    So, DO NOT download down from the SECOND one.

Preview of some work:
    Reworked Family trees
    - Added Lyanna, Benjen, Brandon, Lord Rickard and Sansa Stark in the Stark Tree
    - Characters age now correct: Bran is 8 and under of age BUT is faction heir
    - Robin Arryn is now 7; under of age BUT leader
    - Lysa Arryn-Tully is now in-game as Princess BUT unmarriable
    - Tommen Baratheon is under age BUT leader aswell
    - Brynden "Blackfish" Tully is in Tully's tree as Heir
    - Oberyn Martell is now the heir - so her doughters can come of age as princesses
    Scripts
    - Reworked script that assigns each character his bloodline traits at coming of age.
    Events
    - Minor events
    - Tyrion's trial chain! see below

Feedback, ideas and constructive criticism are always welcomed!
    Last edited by Kiliç Alì; September 09, 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: 1st preview

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Default Re: Event Project [Work Thread] [Released sample]

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    since i'll be doing the events pics ,i'll bring my "reworked -standard-events"
    (+ custom-portraits + various UI customisations) work into this one..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    my old thread ,in which you can see various previews of things i've done till now, is gonna
    be used only for the hero_abilities

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=475997

1st zip : portraits for the faction selection screen (menu)

(includes also, frey and nightwatch proposal ,for the developers' private v. too...although they''ll have to find em and rename em according to which vanilla-faction is used as base...let's say as venice was used for joffrey...so just ,accordingly ,rename the two extra about freys and nightswatch)

****************************************************************************
    Last edited by Noobio; September 08, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Sounds like a great idea! I'll download your sample and have a looksie...

unfortunatley since this is a wip , not all features will be visible ( like for example the greyjoy-culture ,pics ) but maybe we will "enhance" it when v.1 comes out ...

ps..

if anyone likes the idea of adding a more RPG feel to the mod ,then please give us a hand with it

-we would need help with research and writing the descriptions (none of us is originally english speaking..)

-help with implementing/enabling the additional-eventual cultures-slots

-maybe someone of the westeros team could partecipate as 'advisor', in order to also give us an idea of what would contradict or further support the v.1 of the mod
    Last edited by Noobio; September 06, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post

-maybe someone of the westeros team could partecipate as 'advisor', in order to also give us an idea of what would contradict or further support the v.1 of the mod
    Well, we haven`t worked on events that much yet; First we`ll have to handle the General scripting an stuff.

-we would need help with research and writing the descriptions (none of us is originally english speaking..)
    I am your man for the research. I cand do a bit of writing to (I am French but my English is not so bad, at least, I think so ).

I'd be willing to help with a bit of description/research work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Well, we haven`t worked on events that much yet; First we`ll have to handle the General scripting an stuff.
    maybe puting it in an example would better help ..given the fact that you're gonna add

freys and nightwatch (and maybe wildlings)

-will ben stark ,be a general ? or will he be lost "beyond the wall" ?

-will robb stark's starting position be above or below the twins ?

etc ect

cause we were thinking (as i said it's only a wip for the moment) to make some things like :

-yes/no event for the freys (let robb pass the twins or not)
    -yes/no event for stark (give his word or not to frey...and later on---keep it or not)
    -maybe yes/no event for arryn (tyrion's trial)
    -yes/no event for stannis (burn the 7 or not)

then we could make an event-tree with various possibilities that would give traits and/or ancillaries OR just add immersion

EDIT: ps...

the big picture are two main branches ,of the event tree
    1...it all started with the comet (dragons birth and rise of magic into the world etc etc)
    2...we could present some universal events ("historic") too and/or present some "parallel" stories ,like dany's ,cat's ,arya's and sansa's

hope you better get what i ment...so if one of your team gave us a heads up every now and then we wouldn't waste much time or effort on really out of context things or we could better handle-reform our ideas/work
    Last edited by Noobio; September 06, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

I can help with the writing if needed.

This looks excellent downloading now!

I will try to give you some informations from time to time but we haven`t really decided much of it yet. Events, Character starting positions etc. will be done once we are finnished with the other stuff and thus we can`t say what will or won`t be.

ah ! gotta to say ,that as kilic ali said ,all of the events are gonna have different pics based on culture , maybe faction too and probability...

so in this 1 event sample ,you may see 2 different pics for even the same faction every time you happen to play turn 2 (not really sure if that applies to also reloading the turn...)

the developers , that have eastern_european ,culture slot enabled would get different pcs also for the greyjoys...

...our "dream" would be enabling all 7 possible culture-slots (actually 6 and later whenever a targaryen or essos in general faction gets added then also the 7th) raising the whole variety factor to its max (and so we'll be also ,making some optional event-pics for the possible ,future culture slots...)

to deathshade and stannisbaratheon ,that offered to help with research :

when i tried to invite you ,i just couldn't ..i think it has something to do with your posts- count cause touchy andalu is already in...
    maybe you should raise it ...so go post ,just for posting ! haha

*******************************************************************************************************
    Last edited by Noobio; September 06, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    I will try to give you some informations from time to time but we haven`t really decided much of it yet. Events, Character starting positions etc. will be done once we are finnished with the other stuff and thus we can`t say what will or won`t be.

ok , that's good too ,any help/collaboration is wellcomed!

so to whom ,of your team , should i send an invite ?

I don`t know whether those two have enough time but Redxavier and Darkstar are the two people who mainly work on our scripts- Darkstar also works on stuff like Starting positions etc. And thus he should be the one most able to point out stuff that isn`t compatible.

However, i guess that you`d have to redo most of those events for the 1.0 Version from scratch anyway because there will be many events we add ourselves and even more scripts that might cause issues.

ok ,thanks again

to deathshade and stannisbaratheon ,that offered to help with research :

when i tried to invite you ,i just couldn't ..i think it has something to do with your posts- count cause touchy andalu is already in...
    maybe you should raise it ...so go post ,just for posting ! haha

*******************************************************************************************************
    In waiting that I flood enough to be invited, just send a PM if you need something. I do not think it will be long because touchy has just sixteen messages more than I.

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

I also offer any additional help in research and writing, although you seem pretty well off as it is

I shall get to posting more actively right away. But yes if you need any immediate assistance feel free to PM.

attached a small UI enhancement...here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10244726

double post

sorry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast