Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

That would have to be every language except english

And I would probably do some English speaking for you, but I'm Aussie, and can't talk like a pom

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Alas, no audio equipment here so I can't help you with the Dutch voices.
    Unless I translate them of course But I believe that Dutch is pretty accurate ingame.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Well, at least you can tell us if you spot an error in the voices or in the unit names when we'll do the Dutch faction.

I know there are stupid mistakes in the French version
    Light foot has been literally translated to "pieds légers" which is ridiculous
    Company infantry has been translated to "Infanterie de Compagnie" instead of "compagnie d'infanterie"

"de compagnie" would be use in something like "Dame de compagnie", i.e. Lady-in-Waiting

I might be able to help on the language side of things I'm fluent in Italian and Spanish.

Also I have an Encyclopedia of the history of war time flags which is rare so Steph if you can link me to the flags you will be using so far and I'll can check them against the book I have
    Last edited by rfmgunner; September 13, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Patrician Artifex

A few pictures : the info card of the British units that an occupying country (such as France) could recruit in England.

Foot artillery

Dragoon Guards

Dragoons

Light Dragoons

Grenadier guards

Foot Guard

Light Foot Guard

Line Grenadier

Line Fusilier

Light infantry

Riflemen

Fencibles

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

These are fantasy units, yes?

Patrician Artifex

Since England was never invaded by Napoleon, we cannot know for sure how their uniforms would be.

But in the game, nothing prevents the player from capturing England. If that happens, we don't want the French to recruit French fusilier in England, but English troops.

So we designed slightly modified uniforms from British historical ones. The changes are small : mostly we gave them a blue trousers, and some different epaulettes.

They are sufficiently different to be distinguish form regular British troops, but still close enough to be identfied as English.

Hello there!

I might be able to help with finnish translations.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Oh man this mod looks great, definate download when it's released.

Steph i can help you with Hungarian sounds. could you advise a program with which i could record the needed commands/words/sentences? you can write me in PM ofc. ohh and i would need then the full list of what i will need to say
    Last edited by Jean-Roch Coignet; September 15, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I use SoundForge, free version, for the French.

For the sentences, I'll try to prepare a list, but I can't at the moment since I'm doing that for the French.

Once I know for sure what sounds are needed I'll do a list.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

I like the latest update, but what about some Highlander Infantry?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    I like the latest update, but what about some Highlander Infantry?
    Recruitable in England ?

We'll do them when we do the Scottish emergent faction.

Can you please tell me how to just mod the zoom limits in the campaign map, that seems very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I use SoundForge, free version, for the French.

For the sentences, I'll try to prepare a list, but I can't at the moment since I'm doing that for the French.

Once I know for sure what sounds are needed I'll do a list.
    Just something to keep in mind. Even though logically this might be understood. Voices must be very manly in all languages and quotes must be shouted or said in a very loud manner in most cases as one subordinate would address to an officer.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fonsy View Post
    Can you please tell me how to just mod the zoom limits in the campaign map, that seems very interesting!
    Just change the scripting.lua associated to your campaign. Locate the part with the camera movement at the start of the game : it modifies the zoom limit.
    Change to the value you want.

Just something to keep in mind. Even though logically this might be understood. Voices must be very manly in all languages and quotes must be shouted or said in a very loud manner in most cases as one subordinate would address to an officer.
    Yes, I tried to do some new sounds myself, and I had to shout. Even like that it's still not perfect, and I will probably need to redo some.

I can help you with the italian unit names if you need!

madrush's Avatar Senator

i can help with gaelic

Patrician Artifex

Cool!

Can you provide a Gaelic translation (or equivalent if there is no direct translationŕ of the basic military terms, such as:
    - Grenadier
    - Line infantry
    - Light infantry
    - Heavy Dragoons
    - Light Dragoons
    - Artillery?

this is my very fist sound what i ever made, dont except professional sound, but it still took at least 15 mintues to sound like this the word means Grenadier in hungarian, its in singular not in plural. You can edit all of my files Steph what im gonna do for your mod. what file format do u want in the future? I saved this one what the program(Sound Forge) automatically suggested.