Page 241 of 245 FirstFirst ... 141191216231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 4894

Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

just an fyi, but the download site ' http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/NTW/Download.htm ' appears to be down

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

it's working here.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

steph is the city music you added contained separately to other file? just it's really impacting my enjoyment.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

It's in MoE_Music.pack. I think if you remove it from the userscript it should solve your problem.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    It's in MoE_Music.pack. I think if you remove it from the userscript it should solve your problem.
    Will that remove the unit music?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I mean the Box that is filled with writtings of the Unit Names and the Numbers of Cap and number of Units per Regiment.

Patrician Artifex

That's not very precise. What table and what column, and what tool are you using?

Lord Lotion's Avatar Civis

Hi Steph!

How are you? I hope time has been kind to you and you are all weell. I have contnued to observe the progress of this grand project for a couple of yeras now and have just recently come back to NTW after a long break.
    Now I would like to ask you if there is a possibiloity of using your uniforms for all nations with the vanilla game, is there a mod out there that already does so (naturally with your concent), or if not is there a way of integrating them into the game myself with PFM, although I have been away for way too long and would have to familiarize myself again with the whole process...
    How is the progress on MOE goin? I would love tohear from you more often in this thread. Please do take care and all the best to you*
    Last edited by Lord Lotion; June 30, 2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: signature error
    =L.H.=

Patrician Artifex

Well, bad news...

First, I've stopped working on NTW for quite sometimes, since I started a Warhammer II mod.

And two weeks ago, 2 of my HDD fried. I still have my warhammer II mod which was on another drive (Although I lost several files), but I virtually lost every else. Including my MoE working files, all my reference images and books.. And all my personnal files (like pictures of the kids...).

I dried to buy spare parts to at least recover some of my data, but it didn't work. And I can't afford a professional recovery service, that's very expensive.

It is therefore very unlikely that I do anything for MoE or NTW in the future.

Now, about your question It would be relatively easy to use my uniforms in the vanilla game. You just need to get the faction pack with the resources, and link them to the vanilla units (using the unform table).

The most difficult part would be to decide what to do, since I have several periods and more units.

Well, bad news...

First, I've stopped working on NTW for quite sometimes, since I started a Warhammer II mod.

And two weeks ago, 2 of my HDD fried. I still have my warhammer II mod which was on another drive (Although I lost several files), but I virtually lost every else. Including my MoE working files, all my reference images and books.. And all my personnal files (like pictures of the kids...).

I dried to buy spare parts to at least recover some of my data, but it didn't work. And I can't afford a professional recovery service, that's very expensive.

Now, about your question It would be relatively easy to use my uniforms in the vanilla game. You just need to get the faction pack with the resources, and link them to the vanilla units (using the unform table).

The most difficult part would be to decide what to do, since I have several periods and more units.
    Steph, I have over 11 GB of your game files in my data folder of NTW, they are I think updated to the current version. My internet is very slow but maybe I can transfer all that to you?

Patrician Artifex

I still have the end result pack in my game folder. What I last are all the intermediate files. For exemple, I had xcf files for gimp with all the parts of uniforms (cuff collar, etc) already cut to allow creating new units faster.

Well, bad news...

Sad news indeed but at least we could still enjoy this great mod on our own ways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wojR...ature=youtu.be

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Well, bad news...

Hi Steph,

I am extremely sorry to hear your very sad news. Losing a hard drive is a complete bugger which I learnt from a similar experience resulting in having to rebuild my electronic collection. I now use multiple drives to back up to reduce the risk of this nightmare occurring again.

Do let me know if you want reference images, e-books etc and I will see what I can pump down the line.
    Very best wishes
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Patrician Artifex

I also used multiple drives. But both drives fried at the same time. Murphy's law ...

While this is sad news, at least the mod is in a mostly complete state, in regards to the most important of factions and uniforms. I'm sure the community can live without a lot of really obscure factions of the wars. At this stage, I think bug fixing, rebalancing and overall polish would be the most you can do until you get back into the swing of things (if that ever happens, though I find when getting back into things I had already done tends to go faster because I've already worked out the hard parts)

One such fix I can give you now is the "Kingdom of Naples" is spelt incorrectly as "Napales." That's an easy fix to get started on.

Or perhaps making the multiplayer campaign usable with the mod.

Patrician Artifex

1) I personnally very seldom play multiplayers
    2) As said before, I lost two HDD recently, with all my modding stuff on it except Warhammer. So it's quite unlikely that I do anything for NTW.
    3) Why can't you just have gentlemen agreement with your MP partners? You can decide to play fair, or have a more challenging experience.

1) I personnally very seldom play multiplayers
    2) As said before, I lost two HDD recently, with all my modding stuff on it except Warhammer. So it's quite unlikely that I do anything for NTW.
    3) Why can't you just have gentlemen agreement with your MP partners? You can decide to play fair, or have a more challenging experience.

Does the campaign still work? the game seems to crash when i click on it. custom battle works fine but campaing crashing on click.
    also i had to download it manually because the installer kept saying "napoleon launcher not found" and every other options was grey.
    do u have to put the start.pos folders in campaign.. or into campaign, mp_europe campaign.
    the installation process wasnt easy for me to read pls help.

Does the campaign still work? the game seems to crash when i click on it. custom battle works fine but campaing crashing on click.
    also i had to download it manually because the installer kept saying "napoleon launcher not found" and every other options was grey.
    do u have to put the start.pos folders in campaign.. or into campaign, mp_europe campaign.
    the installation process wasnt easy for me to read pls help.

Patrician Artifex

Campaign shoulld work if you install everything properly. Are you sure you follow all the steps?