Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195220235236237238239240241242243244245
Results 4,881 to 4,894 of 4894

Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

And it works now! MOE's just started for me! Thank you!

Although there is a particular issue when I started playing the campaign, that being that there is a tendency for you to crash during battles and even sometimes in the campaign map. Is there perhaps a file that causes this or some things I have to manually change using PFM? My laptop isn't that good either though I never had these experiences with vanilla Napoleon.

Thank you for your time and consideration Steph!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

There are a few crashes for the campaign, but since it's a bit of random this would be very hard to correct. It's not like "systematic crash when recruiting a specific unit"

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GunsOverSwords View Post
    Although there is a particular issue when I started playing the campaign, that being that there is a tendency for you to crash during battles and even sometimes in the campaign map.
    The NTW game is twelve years old and the Warscape engine is very dated and can be a resource hog even on high end cpu's & gpu's. If you are having ctd's during campaign battles it may help to use smaller unit sizes (Medium works very well) and adjust your graphic settings: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiel...g-tips-705532/

As Steph notes the random campaign map crashes are hard to correct for any of the NTW mods. It seams the AI may run into a situation that it does not know how to handle and freezes causing the CTD. Best work around is to go back a turn or two and make different moves, this will force the AI react differently and may solve the problem.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; February 20, 2022 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The NTW game is twelve years old and the Warscape engine is very dated and can be a resource hog on even high cpu's & gpu's. If you are having ctd's during campaign battles it may help to use smaller unit sizes (Medium works very well) and adjust your graphic settings: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiel...g-tips-705532/

As Steph notes the random campaign map crashes are hard to correct for any of the NTW mods. It seams the AI may run into a situation that it does not know how to handle and freezes causing the CTD. Best work around is to go back a turn or two and make different moves, this will force the AI react differently and maysolve the problem.
    Yeah... I suppose there's no choice but to lower unit sizes and lower graphics to actually be able to run it properly. Still sucks that not everyone can enjoy the full massive unit-size battle experience though. Though during battles most of these crashes occur when the battle speed is normal for me, but when I pick the slower and faster speed nothing goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The NTW game is twelve years old and the Warscape engine is very dated and can be a resource hog on even high cpu's & gpu's. If you are having ctd's during campaign battles it may help to use smaller unit sizes (Medium works very well) and adjust your graphic settings: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiel...g-tips-705532/

As Steph notes the random campaign map crashes are hard to correct for any of the NTW mods. It seams the AI may run into a situation that it does not know how to handle and freezes causing the CTD. Best work around is to go back a turn or two and make different moves, this will force the AI react differently and maysolve the problem.
    All of the battles I experience in the campaign always see continuous crashes, especially during lowered graphics. At any given time the screen just freezes, audio cuts off instantly, returns back for a second and I'm back to my home screen.

Are there some files that I need to install to fix this issue? Some details I have to edit in one of the .pack files using PFM? I just wanna be able to experience the battles without having to constantly worry about crashing all the time. Napoleon's engine may be old, but it rarely has this frequency of battle crashing, at least not with vanilla or other mods.

Are there some lines in the PFM that I have to delete? Any specific things needed to be edited?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Any specific things needed to be edited?
    I'd suggest you PM Steph with your issue, it may be an install problem with the files

I think I've got the Battle CTD issue solved! Everything works just fine! However I did somehow lose my userscript when I was moving my MoE files in the data folder. May I request for Steph or anyone to send the original userscript for the mod here with all the list of details? Going through the installation process again would take quite some time. Thank you!

Hi Steph,

I may have a question for you. I saw you managed to remove the back pack of the papal state's swiss guard, when i delete the items in the variant models the game crashes. i would like to know how you did it ? thank you for your kind answer ! and thank you for all your past work, moe remains the best single player mod !

Hi Steph, I just want to thank and appreciate the effort that was put into this mod. I mainly use Masters of Europe mod for NTW as I love the AOR system. I have been editing and testing several db tables through multiple playthroughs and now I feel that I am having the best NTW experience.

I think the CAI works fine on your mod and I did not need Bran's CAI mod for the AI to become aggressive. On hard CAI difficulty, I play with slightly larger unit sizes (240-men std. line infantry) with 40 units per army tweak, also x2 increasing unit caps of most standard units. Then gave each Major factions 10 times money with ESF editor at the first turn. France became so much powerful and aggressive, capitulating Austria at around 1808. With 40 units per Army and x2 unit caps, France has become very powerful that I needed to be extremely careful as Britain, only able to blockade the Channel ports of France, like they would really did in the history. Confronting the French on the mainland Europe results in epic and very hard battles with sometimes up to around 6 full stack armies of France in one province, with Napoleon himself most of the time initiating the battle. It gives a feeling like I am being overwhelmed by several French Army Corps like in real history.

For some reasons, there seem to have constant crash in battles with your MOE visual pack, so I replaced it with DarthMod's visual and crash is gone. Also I decided to change back the Faction names to simpler names (like Kingdom of Prussia into Prussia) because post revolution republics still remain with the same name prefix/subfix, such as Kingdom of Prussia and Ottoman Empire .. although they have already become republics.

https://imgur.com/a/NpJNaMb

Can someone help me to fix the ctd during battle loading screen in campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Thura View Post
    Hi Steph, I just want to thank and appreciate the effort that was put into this mod. I mainly use Masters of Europe mod for NTW as I love the AOR system. I have been editing and testing several db tables through multiple playthroughs and now I feel that I am having the best NTW experience.

I think the CAI works fine on your mod and I did not need Bran's CAI mod for the AI to become aggressive. On hard CAI difficulty, I play with slightly larger unit sizes (240-men std. line infantry) with 40 units per army tweak, also x2 increasing unit caps of most standard units. Then gave each Major factions 10 times money with ESF editor at the first turn. France became so much powerful and aggressive, capitulating Austria at around 1808. With 40 units per Army and x2 unit caps, France has become very powerful that I needed to be extremely careful as Britain, only able to blockade the Channel ports of France, like they would really did in the history. Confronting the French on the mainland Europe results in epic and very hard battles with sometimes up to around 6 full stack armies of France in one province, with Napoleon himself most of the time initiating the battle. It gives a feeling like I am being overwhelmed by several French Army Corps like in real history.

For some reasons, there seem to have constant crash in battles with your MOE visual pack, so I replaced it with DarthMod's visual and crash is gone. Also I decided to change back the Faction names to simpler names (like Kingdom of Prussia into Prussia) because post revolution republics still remain with the same name prefix/subfix, such as Kingdom of Prussia and Ottoman Empire .. although they have already become republics.

https://imgur.com/a/NpJNaMb
    Which visual pack in darth mod did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by komori190 View Post
    Which visual pack in darth mod did you use?
    I used DMN_darth_effects_Napoleon.pack of Darthmod. It is found in Data\DMN\DMN_Packs after Darthmod installation.

I think I've got the Battle CTD issue solved! Everything works just fine! However I did somehow lose my userscript when I was moving my MoE files in the data folder. May I request for Steph or anyone to send the original userscript for the mod here with all the list of details? Going through the installation process again would take quite some time. Thank you!

Please could you explain how did you solved the battle CTD issue? I am getting annoyed since time to time I kept stuck in the campaign because I cannot fight a crucial battle.

Hello, I know it's been a while, but I hold this mod in a very high regard and it seems like the mod always crashes to desktop recently. I'm I doing anything wrong? I've been installing with the installer, so i dont know if that is an issue