Page 243 of 245 FirstFirst ... 143193218233234235236237238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 4894

Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Thanks for tutorial Steph. However, I am struggling to get the added unit parts to work. I managed to replace the original textures of my unit's hat with the textures from this mod and replace the mesh of the unit variant, but for some reason, the unit pretty much had the same original hat. Nothing changed at all. Do I have to make a whole new unit variant based on the unit I want to edit and add the hat or is it possible just to edit the unit variant of that unit?

Patrician Artifex

Can you be more specific and explain what you are doing?

So, I am trying to change the hat of a unit from another mod, lme to be specific, with a hat from this mod. Based on the tutorial, I located the unitvariant file and changed the hat's mesh to the mesh of the hat I wanted from this mod. Then, I located the atlas of lme and found the dds files for the unit's faction. Using gimp, I copied and pasted the texture to dds files of lme and replaced the texture for the unit's hat I was going to edit. I did not change the directory of the unit's hat texture because I was simply replacing it with the new texture. When opened a custom battle to see the results, nothing changed. Besides the hats of other units using the new texture with the old mesh being messed, the hat I wanted my unit to use pretty much was not there. I'm not sure what I exactly did wrong considering I changed the mesh and replaced the old texture of that unit.

Patrician Artifex

which hat is it? could you post screenshots showing the changes you did? Or upload your pack?

So here, I have switched the hat mesh of the 54 german fusilier unit from lme from the default russian_cavalry_helmet to MoE's austrian helmet mesh. I did not change the directory of the texture though as seen here https://ibb.co/zn1YPCd. I then grabbed the austrian texture for the infantry helmet https://ibb.co/WGdMKqh which was the light belgic shako. For each dds file, I replaced the texture of 54 german fusilier hat, called the austrian shako, with the light belgic shako texture. https://ibb.co/znswqdH. However, as I said before, nothing changed for some reason.

Patrician Artifex

I suppose you added the austrian_infantry_helmet mesh to your pack, or added my pack and put that in your userscript?

Yes, I have added your austrian packs to my userscript.

Patrician Artifex

the helmet mesh is not in the austrian pack, it's in MoE_UnitParts.pack. The Austrian pack is for textures, and it's actually maybe not needed if you copied part of the texture in the LME texture in another pack

Then do I have to move the helmet mesh from the unit part pack to the LME pack then? Even with the unit part pack enabled in the userscript, nothing seems to work.

Patrician Artifex

Are you editing and saving LME pack directly, or making your own ack to override part of it?

I am editing and saving the LME pack directly.

Patrician Artifex

I suggest you try something simple first, like paint the hat texture red, and see if it's visible in game, just to be sure you don't have a problem with editing the wrong files

Grumbler's Avatar Foederatus

Uploaded MOE and played a few hours tonight. Attacked two cities, as France, and both became forts. Is there someway to remove forts from the game? Attacked the same cities in vanilla and they were just buildings. Was only 5 or 6 turns into the single player game.

Patrician Artifex

That's a nasty side effect. I'm using the fort slots to have additional buildings, but the game engine sometimes don't understand it well, and put a fort where they shouldn't be any. I don't remember in what exact case this happens, but it shouldn't be everytime.

Found previous post about it:

"Indirectly.... I'm using the fort slot for the administrative building, and it seems CA hard coded this slot as providing a fort automatically, even if for building is not supposed to provide a fort. But if you increase to level 3, the "automatic fort" should disappear."

So... You should get a fort when attacking a city with administrative building level 1-2, and no more forst when it is level 3..

Just imagine the old fortifications become useless when the city outgrows it...
    Last edited by Steph; December 21, 2020 at 07:35 AM.

Hello
    I play France and I can not redrive infantry neuchatel. However, I have the technology for ya t '"ilo a solution

Playing campaign as France. Took the following cities and then they were retaken by the Austrians, Russians, and Prussians: Zagreb, Vienna, Olmutz, Prague, and Budapest. I took them back and now can’t get any reinforcements from these cities. Buildings are at highest level and can’t be upgraded either. Am I missing something? I haven’t run across this before but it sure slows everything down.

Patrician Artifex

Have you tried destroying them and rebuilding?

No, that thought never entered my mind. I went to the computer this morning and after, close to a game year, everything populated! Although, it wasn’t the most ideal of delays it was better than a poke in the eye with a sharpe stick. Go figure! Thanks for your help anyway.

Hello
    I play France and I can not recruted infantry neuchatel. However, I have the technology for