Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: RTR VII Feature highlight: Roman Leadership

David128's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: RTR VII Feature highlight: Roman Leadership

After further research through the forums, it would seem that according to this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rals-age-limit, the age of death for Family Members is hardcoded and can not be altered. I was looking back again over this thread, and caught two more interesting posts that might shed some light on this issue:

Another example of this issue showing it's commonality amongst the players, seen in post #106:

Quote Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
    (sorry for the double post)
    BUT

I love the system too and have been playing with it for quite some time, the only problem that I'm having is that my FM's die of old age before they can get to Consul !!
    How it plays out for me is as follows;
    Coming of Age 16
    Eligible TR 26
    Eligible Q 46
    Eligible A 58
    Eligible P 63
    then lucky if they live any longer to become Consul.
    [nb.The same year they get eligible I whack an appointment on them.]

If these ages are correct then the system is flawed, as Rome never has any generals worth fighting with.
    Hopefully there is a way to change the eligible ages in the scr. ?

Any advice on this topic appreciated.
    On the flip side I found statement on post #133:

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    Any changes to this system are non-savegame compatible. If I'm right the option to turn it off has been removed in the latest patch.
    Now, he could be just talking about turning the Roman Leadership System on and off in this quote, but he is actually talking about any changes in general, then there is no way to fix this without starting a new campaign. So, maybe in the future Muizer, (who I think is the main developer of the RLS system?), will be able to shed some light on this topic, but outside of that I see no way in which this bug can be fixed.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by David128 View Post
    It's definitely not just me, as that other person as the exact same issue. Family Members aren't able to take Tribunes Militum until at least 26, and Quaestor doesn't activate, for all family members, until a minimum of 46. As I said, I'm unsure of the rest, but this is definitely not localized, though it could be that the other person having the issue and myself have something in common. Script's totally fine however, and I wouldn't think that it'd affect the RLS like this. Would you perhaps know how to edit either the RLS or the average age in which a family member dies? I'm thinking that by extending the years of a FM's life we could make up for the loss from the bug.
    The point I was trying to make is that there is no bug. There are far more people that have played this mod without any problems than there have been people with problems. There are two possible causes to explain what is happening with your game, the first is unlikely but it's possible you have a faulty installation, that could be caused by incorrect/ incomplete installation caused by mistake installing of from a corrupted download, or the more probable cause and I hate to say this, is that maybe you aren't playing correctly maybe you missed something, the Roman leadership system is pretty daunting, I know I fudged up a few campaigns before I really figured it out. Have you tried a new campaign to see if it happens again, I would. I don't think you can extend the lives of the general, unless you made a 6 or 12 turn per year script, but that would be a lot of work to fix a mod that doesn't need to be fixed. About turning the Roman Leadership off, you could play with or without it in an earlier version by selecting it in the launcher,but the latest version you can't unless you delete everything about the leadership system manually. Before I did any did anything I would try another campaign after reading as much about it as I can, just to make sure. Good luck.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

The RLS as I desiged it just counted turns to track the passing of time. The figures in Bargle's quote demonstrate the time between ranks is twice what it should be. In other words his game has half the tpy compared to what's expected by the RLS. It's what you'd get if you ran the game at 2tpy while the RLS is set for 4tpy. I haven't worked on the mod for a very long time though, so I cannot state with confidence what the root cause of this might be.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Sounds rather like that's the end of that, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    ah i see. Just like when i wired my first IED.
    Yeah that's NOT Something to joke about. U.S. Military Veteran and 100's of are soldiers were killed or maimed by those things you are 'joking" about!

Definitely not something I expected to see in this thread nor appreciate!

If i am not mistaken ,in case i have a fm eligible for a rank (lets say aedilis) and the ancillary exists in the game in another fm,i can simply put them together and just transfer the aedilis ancillary from one to the other without needing travelling to rome,but if the ancillary is not in the game i have to put the specific FM to rome so the game generates and give him the ancillary
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

were do i find the descr_strat text? It is not in the data folder.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789