Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Editing worldterrain files (IWTE)

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Editing worldterrain files (IWTE)

Here you go.
    Just for you know, the settings I used were :

Greyscale Control Point = 0
    Height assigned to GCP = 0
    GIpH = 0.92

Attachment 364147

that wasn't a .tga - Photoshop wouldn't open it either, I think you saved an XCF from GIMP and called it a .tga try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mx48x0gxm...01New.tga?dl=0

that's using the 'export' from GIMP not save as - and making sure not to compress it - it worked through IWTE just now but I'll let you do it with correct settings...

EDIT: that also wasn't the resized terrain - make sure you are trying to apply this to the correct one. new one should be called ****_resized.worldterrain - in that command box when it reads it you'll see a line like:
    ncols = 501 nrows = 501
    if you've got the right one... rename the final file which will end up as cul_5_village_a_resized_wtnewtga.worldterrain to what you need in game.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Thanks a lot, exporting the tga did the trick. It was effectively not a tga file originaly and I didn't had this problem earlier because I was exporting cropped version of the file for smaller worldterrain.
    And sorry for the wrong file, I realized I was going to send you not the resized worldterrain and so did another archive but I might have mixed up the attachments.

Thanks again !

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello,

Is IWTE able to create a ms3d file using a 501x501 .worldterrain file ? When I try to do so, I get a 0 ko .ms3d file and the console says :

Code:
    struct.error: ushort format requires 0<= number <= 0xffff
    PS : I know I can't open such a file in Milkshape, but I want to try to import it in Blender.

You need to use the buttons at the top of IWTE - it might be slightly different according to which version you're using but you're looking for the Export WorldTerrain option after 'Collada' - that will get you a .dae file you can import into Blender properly. See; the image here: https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...ort_and_Import

The ms3d file format doesn't allow more than 256x256 verts, which is why you can't convert a large terrain to .ms3d...

If you're amending the terrain in Blender, it's probably worth Exporting the World too for comparison.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

I worked, thanks.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Transferred some Westeros models into my mod, got some issues.

Winterfell.

One ground texture for summer and winter.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The wall is high but ladder could be used and besiegers can enter in the middle of the wall. Settlement level - fortress

When ram hits the gates engine shows door opening animation.

Also trees are flickering in Godswood.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Looks like door added the wrong way if it is opening the wrong way.
    Ladders look like they are the wrong ladders assigned for that size settlement.
    Not sure what your textures are suppose to be. The ground looks like its aligned.

Thanks for attention! And happy New Year!
    Ladders could be fixed by descr_walls?

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Ladders could be fixed by descr_walls?
    Yeah but Fortress, Large Castle, Large City and a few other things... all use the same wall height so if you change it to fix Winterfell you'll probably break the others.

Any chance it should have been used as a Huge City? That one is on its own and usually uses the tallest towers (no ladders)

Thanks in advance! That's the way I think.

Cheers and happy new year!

Got same issue with ground textures with The Dreadfort.

I'm having issues with altering terrain meshes in MilkShape 1.8.5 beta and coping them back into world files through IWTE. Use IWTE to create a terrain MS3D File, load it in MS 1.85, edit a few vertexes, save, load back into WorldTerrain file, run DAC 4.6 and the edits are in a completely different place, as if terrain is offset by 90 Deg or 180 Deg, not sure if i have that correct.

Help ?
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Hi
    Not really looked into that for a while so will need to check if there is an issue though no one else is reporting it. You can only move the points up or down not add/delete or move horizontally in any direction. It is also easier to amend via blender rather than milkshape (all recent changes in IWTE have been for Blender related support).

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Hi
    Not really looked into that for a while so will need to check if there is an issue though no one else is reporting it. You can only move the points up or down not add/delete or move horizontally in any direction. It is also easier to amend via blender rather than milkshape (all recent changes in IWTE have been for Blender related support).
    Ok, I'll download Blender now and take a look. looks like Milkshape hasn't been updated for a long time.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I think the worldterrain mesh needs to be mirrored left to right in milkshape to get it to the same orientation as you're familiar with for the structures (then mirror it back again before saving)

Using Blender is a much better option anyway, everything should be the correct way around and you can import much larger .worldterrain files and the complete .world model at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I think the worldterrain mesh needs to be mirrored left to right in milkshape to get it to the same orientation as you're familiar with for the structures (then mirror it back again before saving)

Using Blender is a much better option anyway, everything should be the correct way around and you can import much larger .worldterrain files and the complete .world model at the same time!
    Thanks, I'm struggling with Blender, i downloaded the MS3D importer / exporter PY files, installed them in the Addons directory, but they don't show up as addons to activate ??? The files aren't blocked (Win security), I can see them in the Addons directory with all the other PY addons .. but they don't load ? I'm using the latest version of Blender 3.2.2 i think. I've searched the net for this problem , cannot find any solution.

Any help ?
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Don't go via ms3d at all... you import / export via .dae (collada) which is included in Blender - you use a different section of IWTE - see
    https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...nts_in_Blender

menu names changed slightly from that picture you need
    Model Files > M2 World > Collada >
    then Export to create .dae files to use in Blender and Import to read them back

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Don't go via ms3d at all... you import / export via .dae (collada) which is included in Blender - you use a different section of IWTE - see
    https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...nts_in_Blender

menu names changed slightly from that picture you need
    Model Files > M2 World > Collada >
    then Export to create .dae files to use in Blender and Import to read them back
    Thanks ! that's a lot better .. OMG ! MS and MS3D looks like cave man tech compared to Blender & Collada..

All systems moving forward now.

oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

One question, where are the Settlement terrain textures hidden (paths, grass, cliff face etc) Is there a single, large terrain texture for the entire settlement ?

And how do i extract them in IWTE ?

TA
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast