Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A guide to the Senate

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: A guide to the Senate

So what files do you need to put into the BI folder to make senate missions work??

I wouldn't know for that. I always just run RTW with the BI.exe

Hi everyone, it's been several years so probably nobody will answer me but I try anyway, does anyone know what all the numbers mean at the bottom of the file under the missions? I had read that they were like the distances within which the Senate could assign certain missions.

Making the Senate playable then it seems to crash the game if you go to press on the Senate card or on the list of offices, playing with the Senate however I fear would make the game too easy like playing with rebels, the Senate and the rebel faction have a hard-coded bonus that never makes them have riots.

Witchsmeller's Avatar Libertus

Hello anyone still modding RTW!
    I recently discovered that the senate's attitude towards non-roman factions (as shown in the Senate Policy tab) is determined by the factions' position in descr_sm_factions.txt.
    Specifically, the senate is hard-coded to hate the factions in positions 8, 11 and 16 (Carthage, Gaul and Greek Cities respectively in vanilla) and assign missions against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchsmeller View Post
    Hello anyone still modding RTW!
    I recently discovered that the senate's attitude towards non-roman factions (as shown in the Senate Policy tab) is determined by the factions' position in descr_sm_factions.txt.
    Specifically, the senate is hard-coded to hate the factions in positions 8, 11 and 16 (Carthage, Gaul and Greek Cities respectively in vanilla) and assign missions against them.
    Interesting, you reminded me that in a campaign the Senate asked me to make peace with the Gauls, an event that I would consider very rare.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234