Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Enhanced 0.53 (New Version (01.04.2012))

Default Re: [Submod] Enhanced 0.53

Quote Originally Posted by MachoKing View Post
    Any thoughts? Obviously it has something to do with Stannis, and this time I can say with 100% certainty this isnt a 5th child problem.
    I really never thought it was the 5th child problem at all. I have had Robb (which might not be related) have 5 children and it not crash. I apologize profusely for all the complains by me and the rest. This is really a great job, and is a huge update from the alpha (while being 100 times more fun) so I feel bad that all anyone does is complain. But at the risk of being annoying, are there any "fixes" that have stopped the crash for anyone else for a while?
    Last edited by Enferfeu; October 13, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Yeah, I sort of crash in almost every campaign, doesn't matter the faction or amount of children, around turn 50, just now I was playing my second campaign as my first crashed every time I logged and it was working perfectly, but at turn 67, crash again, I feel it has something to do with the actions my generals realize, as I quit to solve some internet problems, loaded and did another thing with my Theon then before quitting, and crashed.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Does the submod affect ancillaries? For some reason I can't trade ancillaries between characters.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

I think you can trade but not with leaders or heirs, thats what happens to me.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cacho View Post
    I think you can trade but not with leaders or heirs, thats what happens to me.
    Nope, I was trying to switch a scribe between two characters who weren't either heir or leaders (Stafford and Willem playing as Lannisters)
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Enferfeu View Post
    I really never thought it was the 5th child problem at all. I have had Robb (which might not be related) have 5 children and it crash. I apologize profusely for all the complains by me and the rest. This is really a great job, and is a huge update from the alpha (while being 100 times more fun) so I feel bad that all anyone does is complain. But at the risk of being annoying, are there any "fixes" that have stopped the crash for anyone else for a while?

Im sorry if I came off as negative or hating. I honestly thought I was reporting a crash issue and being helpful. I said it wasnt the 5th child cause it happened only if I clicked on the city Stannis was in (I was Stannis).

I love this mod and all the work that goes into it. I have only recently explored, read, and attempted to do a fraction of what they do. I have great respect for their work and efforts. I thank you a million times over for everyones contributions.

That said......I did have another crash at turn 200. Just cause it happened at 200 I wonder if thats known...is it known? get it?

ok anyway, sorry if I came across as bad, im just relaxed and loven this mod so much that I invest days in it. Could never have locked myself in a room for hours without you guys! Love you! My ex-wife probably doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoKing View Post
    Im sorry if I came off as negative or hating. I honestly thought I was reporting a crash issue and being helpful. I said it wasnt the 5th child cause it happened only if I clicked on the city Stannis was in (I was Stannis).

I love this mod and all the work that goes into it. I have only recently explored, read, and attempted to do a fraction of what they do. I have great respect for their work and efforts. I thank you a million times over for everyones contributions.

That said......I did have another crash at turn 200. Just cause it happened at 200 I wonder if thats known...is it known? get it?

ok anyway, sorry if I came across as bad, im just relaxed and loven this mod so much that I invest days in it. Could never have locked myself in a room for hours without you guys! Love you! My ex-wife probably doesnt.
    I apologize if that came off as hostile as it did, that was not my intention. I, like you, am just trying to be helpful with solving crashing issue and did not mean to say you are wrong without a doubt, I was just reporting that it never crashed on the fifth child for me. Any reported crash and reason stated is by no means negative or hateful, it can only be helpful to the modders involved in this mod. Again, sorry if I came off negative in my comment above.
    "Keep your swords sharp and your daggers sharper.” –Assasalin Absconditus

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

I would hate to be repetetive or negative, but I too have found a crash.

For some reason, mine refuses to start; it goes immediately to the Medieval II loading menu for a few seconds, and then goes back to the main menu (although normal W:TW still works, once I switched back the names).

There's a fix for that a coupla pages back, something about deleting something from virtual store. If I remembered it better I'd explain it, but trawl back a bit

A Time For Wolves...

So I'm DLing this right now.

Any special installations instructions, or is it just a click and install kind of deal. I've read the first few pages and this last page and seen a few issues.

Thoughts on DLing, installing and playing?

Thank you much.

So guys i had a thought, and I disabled the long winter script. Im going to see if the game crashes still. I'm at around turn 50 right now so I'll let you know. I said something about the switch between winter and spring in an earlier post but never really tried it out. Hopefully it works
    "Keep your swords sharp and your daggers sharper.” –Assasalin Absconditus

I did not check if anyone else has written this, but... THIS IS WAY TOO EASY!

I attacked Lannisters with Greyjoys frontally and later opened a second and third fronts against Starks and raider Oldtown (in war with everyone) and it was a walk in a park.

I played on VH/VH offcourse... AI should be way more aggressive and some bonuses vs human player.

What do you mean by 'renaming' my old westeros folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What do you mean by 'renaming' my old westeros folder?
    It means that the batch used to run the thing is designed to run with the name "westeros" on it. Even the one inside 0.53. This means that if your old westeros folder still has the same name, 0.53 would run the original game INSTEAD of the submod, hence CHANGE YOUR OLD FOLDER NAME.

so has anyone found which page the fix for my problem is on? I'm still very confused

ok, i think i know what u mean. what do i rename the folder as? if this is a dumb question, sorry. im new to the whole 'mods' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ok, i think i know what u mean. what do i rename the folder as? if this is a dumb question, sorry. im new to the whole 'mods' thing.
    well, anything you want to, as long as you change it (even slightly). Your computer looks for a file named exactly 'Westeros', so by having the vanilla get a one-letter name change, it naturally goes to the submod folder instead.

Could you let me know what I have done wrong?

I downloaded the .rar, renamed my Westeros folder to Westeros1 and then replaced it with this folder. When I clicked on Westeros Total War icon, I got an exclamation point.

Any help you can give would be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Timur Amir View Post
    so has anyone found which page the fix for my problem is on? I'm still very confused
    Quote Originally Posted by plp View Post
    This happened to me too, im using vista so this might not apply to others. Basically I deleted my Westeros subfolder from C:\\Users\CompName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ - then look for Medieval 2 folder and delete Westeros in the Mods subfolder. That's what i did anyway and it worked! Hope this helps.
    the conversation is on page 7, explains about AppData being a hidden folder, but everything you need should be in that post

A Time For Wolves...

I tried this out. It's cool, until the 1.0 version of the mod comes out.