Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW

Well, i wasnt planning to post any previews, but on the other hand we have a lot new pictures on our dev forums, so i guess i might just aswell repost something here.

Example of a shared unit, Battle Clerics, for 13 factions total.

Cormyr
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Waterdeep

The Zhentarim

This is a bodyguard unit for the Captains Confederation:

Let me know if you want to see any more stuff that was not previously presented, cause there is a lot, but i dont want to spend hours putting together a preview that nobody is interested in.

So if you want to see something, tell me what, what faction, race, or whatever.

So has this mod been released to the public or not?

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

I say: YES! I always like seeing how mod projects are progressing.

No public realease yet sullivanclan1.

Well ok then as another bit of something that wasnt presented, here are some screens of units from the faction of Luruar (Silver Marches).

Argent Legion Auxilia (new recruits, only padded armour and smaller helmets)

Argent Legion Infantry (main troop type, chainmail suit)

Argent Legion Archers

Argent Legion Cavalry

Shieldsar Halberdiers and Cavalry

I got more stuff to post, but not too much all at once. Will keep them comming every once in a while.

Looks good! Will the troops be massive?

Thanks!

Unit sizes vary and they depend on race and troop quality so that better troops units are smaller. As for races, the largest units are for the orcs and (rebel) monsters because they breed fast, up to 250 per unit. Human factions mostly up to 150, and smaller sizes for elves and dwarves.

Makes sense!

Some of the orcish units that i dont think were shown before. Here they are as Many-Arrows orcs, but many of these units will also be for rebel orcs.

Great quality!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

That is some astonishing work, but could we get some kind of release? Like a limited custom battle only release or a mini-campaign?

You see i dont even have all the files myself, so until the mod is assembled, i cant do anything like that, and i cant assemble it without Assurbanippal who is now on a break from modding i think. So, when he returns, and when he sends me his models, and when i code into battlemodels.db and when Titus codes them into EDU, and when i get all updated files back and the mod is assembled, then why not, but when? I hope this year. That is reality you see, its just a hobby, you sometimes do it, and sometimes not, there is life, work and all that. It obviously doesnt make much sense to be making a mod at all, or sometimes i think it doesnt, but i guess that is the best i can do.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Yeah sorry guys, we're only 3 working on that one and it is quite ambitious ... So it takes a huge lot of time doing this almost alone ... If we had a 15 persons team like some other mods, it could have been quicker ... But with 22 factions of 15 units each for Vlad and Assurb, I have to code all the rest on my own ... Pretty long job for us ! But we stay motivated, we didn't waste all that time for nothing ! The mod will come out one day, lets hope this year. Anyway, a lot of testing will have to be done, so we will probably use all of you as beta testers for game balancing !

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Some of the orcish units that i dont think were shown before. Here they are as Many-Arrows orcs, but many of these units will also be for rebel orcs.

I love the models, they look unique and different - also some of them reminds me of the Isengard units which were always the best looking in Third Age.

So you don't have the entire mod? Then how can you print pictures from battles? It sounds dangerous to me not having the whole thing. What if the other guy never return. It happened in Warcraft that one of the modellers just disappeared despite previewing good looking Night Elves before doing so. We never got those NE and i think they were better rigged than the ones we have now - as Bantu made them taller than humans and that wouldn't look perfect when they move. Arms would stretch and such.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 07, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I love the models, they look unique and different - also some of them reminds me of the Isengard units which were always the best looking in Third Age.
    Thank you, though i was not trying to make them similar to uruk hai, but rather follow the examples in the faerun lore for inspiration. On the other hand, the whole concept of an orc race is derived from Tolkien's lore, so any similarities if exist, are to certain extend unavoidable. Had to come up with something myself here and there, but mainly followed examples in this artwork:

So you don't have the entire mod? Then how can you print pictures from battles?
    Well ok its not like that, i do have a working mod version. What i dont have is some of the factions models that our friend has made. So i can post screens from battles for all the units that i made myself like these orcs, or whatever i posted. I mean i can post all sorts of screens from the mod that was not my point, only that all of the mod elements that we have produced as a team, have not yet been all sent to be assembled. I have the rest.

Besides, im not worried about Assurbanippal absence in the context of him not returning or something like that, cause hes been with the team through thick and thin, and im sure hell be back once he has sorted out his RL matters. We all need to take a break from time to time. I was just trying to explain that to make any release is not really technically possible at this time.

Things are progressing anyway, and you will most likely get to see some more new stuff in the comming weeks, as i have some of my own models that i havent implemented into the mod yet, and there are also those that are already in the mod but were not presented yet.

Looks nice!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Thank you, though i was not trying to make them similar to uruk hai, but rather follow the examples in the faerun lore for inspiration. On the other hand, the whole concept of an orc race is derived from Tolkien's lore, so any similarities if exist, are to certain extend unavoidable. Had to come up with something myself here and there, but mainly followed examples in this artwork:

Well ok its not like that, i do have a working mod version. What i dont have is some of the factions models that our friend has made. So i can post screens from battles for all the units that i made myself like these orcs, or whatever i posted. I mean i can post all sorts of screens from the mod that was not my point, only that all of the mod elements that we have produced as a team, have not yet been all sent to be assembled. I have the rest.

Besides, im not worried about Assurbanippal absence in the context of him not returning or something like that, cause hes been with the team through thick and thin, and im sure hell be back once he has sorted out his RL matters. We all need to take a break from time to time. I was just trying to explain that to make any release is not really technically possible at this time.

Things are progressing anyway, and you will most likely get to see some more new stuff in the comming weeks, as i have some of my own models that i havent implemented into the mod yet, and there are also those that are already in the mod but were not presented yet.
    Sounds good to me. This mod sure has the potential to be as great as the Elder Scrolls mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

This looks amazing, keep up the good work.

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Cormanthyr preview, an elven realm

akh velahrn infantry

akh velahrn archers nd scouts

ank velahrn protectors

high elf mages

lesser mages

swords of everska

coronal guard (mix warrior wizard)

vale guards

moon cavalry

unicorn riders ( only amazonas)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

I will be posting another faction/s preview later this month.

Looking good