Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 30.01.2017 "Rashemen" preview - page 41

city guard, the last unit of aglarond roster

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

tomorrow the ingame preview
    Last edited by assurbanippal; April 05, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 30.01.2017 "Rashemen" preview - page 41

Underwater factions would actually be some of the most natural, in the sense that they have large populations, armies, cities, etc. But I didn't mention them at all because I imagine the implementation would be a nightmare.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Underwater factions would actually be some of the most natural, in the sense that they have large populations, armies, cities, etc. But I didn't mention them at all because I imagine the implementation would be a nightmare.
    It would have been totally impossible. You cannot split the sea into regions and give them settlements. So it would mean that we would have to give a land settlement to them and that would be their base of operation. But if you look at Sahuagins tacticts, they are raiders, not conquerors. Therefore, they have little interest in a conquest game ! That is why we decided not to use them.

For Evermeet you can have made it like in the south-west corner. A little like vanilla america. It will have just a little more pixel to the west.
    We could ... but we won't. Elves of Evermeet don't care anymore about the rest of Faerun, they do not want to be mixed with them again. So they would only be defensiv. And on top of that, how do you implement the massiv magical defenses they have, ingame with TW mechanics. Seriously, Evermeet is good for Faerun lore, really useless for a Total War game.

Aglarond roster in game
    All 3D models made by me from the scratch but hands (they are vanilla) including every mount. all units have been designed for me too due to the lack of pics, same for the previous rosters and incoming ones
    Textures: some made by me, some taken from TES: oblivion, skirym and romeII

Yuirwood rangers

Yuirwood archers

yuirwood riders

yuirwood druids

pikemen of the lion

swordmen of the lion

archers of the lion

knights of the lion

Watchwall guard

Watchwall patrolling

griffon riders

they will look like the last pic, only colours changed

on foot

Simbulmyn (bodyguards)

Simbarchs (wizards)

city guard

as note aside some of them will need tweaks on normal maps nd some other minor corrections like adding variety, more drawings on shields... but roughly they will look like this
    Last edited by assurbanippal; April 06, 2017 at 08:17 AM.

Centenarius

Beautiful units! Love the horse models
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

Screenies are looking good!

I have a general suggestion for models that may or may not have been floated before, and I understand it'll probably take a lot of work to do. It might be interesting to include female models for most of the units, perhaps excepting the heavy infantry and heavy cavalry ones, and elite archers. There's no hard figures for this, but I'm led to expect by what I know of the Realms (I can expound on it if you want) that light skirmisher units would probably contain many females, and so would some militia and city watch units. Wizard, priest and druid units might be close to 50/50.

I mention that since it would be a fairly subtle but VERY Realms-appropriate thing that would go well with the spirit of the mod, I think.

Yeah ! We had thought about generals but not units ! Thanks for the idea.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Video link remove bad quality

Beautiful units! Love the horse models
    Screenies are looking good!
    Thanks guys glad you like them

I have a general suggestion for models that may or may not have been floated before, and I understand it'll probably take a lot of work to do. It might be interesting to include female models for most of the units, perhaps excepting the heavy infantry and heavy cavalry ones, and elite archers. There's no hard figures for this, but I'm led to expect by what I know of the Realms (I can expound on it if you want) that light skirmisher units would probably contain many females, and so would some militia and city watch units. Wizard, priest and druid units might be close to 50/50.

I mention that since it would be a fairly subtle but VERY Realms-appropriate thing that would go well with the spirit of the mod, I think.
    yeah you have a point, the problem with men/women regiments is the time/work. making both for the same regiment duplicates the work you have to spend on as you have to work on 2 different bodies regardlessly. im making mixed regiment for special units like druids, wizards, etc (those simbarchs from aglarond lack of women becouse i have them already done long time ago). there are anyway some women units for mulhorand (the half of the priests are women) the witches for rashemen and these yiurwood druids are a mix. however i ll take it into account for some incoming units

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

As someone who has only just started to read up on this stuff how exactly is each factions thought to play?

Sorry mate I didn't understand your post

How will the campaign of each faction feel when playing them? Do they have a "flavor"?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ok you mean is there any specific gameplay for each faction, or that kind of consideration ? If you want something as complicated as EB, then I would say no. But each faction will have its specificities. Firstly, very few units will be common to all rosters and a lot of faction specific units will be in. Then each faction has its own religions, giving different bonuses and each faction does not have access to the same buildings.

Cool! It'll be fun to explore all of them I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:08 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Those look pretty awesome! +rep

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Preview remove a 2.0 version with major change on work