Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Yes the team has been doing a lot of really great work. I was hoping to get the v0.3 out still this year, but its probably not going to happen. Its a bit of a pity cause theres a lot more stuff, but i cant really do it due to some RL difficulties that will keep me busy for the next weeks, months, unknown. So the progress will be probably slower.

Keep it up and don't worry mate, we are all very eager.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Im getting back to modding, and with the team we continue working on:

Amazing news, can't wait to see new content .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Default Re: Faerƻn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Thanks!

Im not yet sure the extend of how much will be included in v0.3, but i should probably have it sorted out by the end of this month, so i could make a preview by then probably.

There will be several new factions, so thats been already said before.
    Otherwise there are really different areas of development that i want to tackle, but realisticly probably most of it is gonna have to wait for v0.4 or later, but maybe some of the elements will be included in v0.3:

• mercenaries
    • magic units / custom magic effects
    • 3d strat map models
    • gameplay balancing

Right now im implementing Damara and retexturing some bits that were taken from bretonnian warhammer textures.

I know theres been a complaint that there is no room for tech tree advancement, that you can mostly train all roster from the start so thats obviously rather boring. I will be looking into that issue, by mostly reducing buildings levels. We have lots of super developed cities that are on one hand done that way to fit their lore situation, but on the other hand this has a negative impact on gameplay - because you basicly cant do much in those cities / everything is mostly build. Another thing is, that there will be more units introduced to mostly all rosters, so there could still be new advanced units possible to obtain during the course of the campaign.

Hello everyone, i have a bit of an update on Damara.

Kingdom of Damara - recruitable units

The unit that is separated on the left is the bodyguard unit - Paladins of the Golden Cup.

top row: Knights of the Noble Heart, Dismounted Knights of the Noble Heart, Knights of the Golden Cup, Noble Heart Swordsmen, Noble Heart Spearmen, Noble Heart Archers

middle row: Bloodstone Guard Halberdiers, Bloodstone Guard Javelinmen, Bloodstone Guard Archers, Noble Retinue Macemen, Noble Retinue Spearmen, Apprentice Wizards

bottom row: Damaran Militia Archers, Damaran Militia Spearmen, Damaran Militia Swordsmen, Damaran Militia Crossbowmen, Damaran Militia Polearms, Battle Clerics

Battle Banners:

Now a bit of an explanation, most of the units for this faction - Damara - were made by Assurbanippal and not me, but i actually retextured some of them, and added some details like heraldics and such, to improve his work.

some of those updated units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also finished, battle banners for the Elves of Cormanthyr:

Incredible quality, as always.

Thank you Nelduin for your kindness!

Let me share what i want to do next. I have a number of unfinished models, and now that i have some days off due to Easter (4 days omg), im planning to finish some of them and add to the mod. First i want to tackle the hobgoblin units (you can see some of their heads in my sig now). There will be 2 or 3 units of them, and they will be mercenaries and also rebels, or the other way round. Anyway the hobgoblins are one of very old ideas of mine to include, as they were common enemies in some of those classic rpg games set in Faerun that inspired me to make this mod (could also be summoned with the monster summoning spells).

I have been thinking about maybe including some units that will be as if those summoned creatures. Meaning that lets say you have a base building for recruiting mages, and if you upgrade the building, you get access to some "summoned" units of monster humanoids or other such baddies. Those would have to be much smaller, or something like that, so not like a typical unit. On the other hand, we already have some really small units in the mod, mostly wizards. Anyways, the hobgoblins will be one of many mercenary units that will be gradually added. So that the next release of the mod will include some mercenaries, maybe not so many, but there will be some already - in contrast to v0.2 that doesnt have mercs.

A quick reminder of what new is already included for the next release:

Elves of Cormanthyr
    Aglarond
    Damara

So thats 3 whole factions, and we are working on several others. Adding the remaining factions is one thing, but there are also many other things to improve or add, and some of that will also be adressed for the next release.

I know some people have already said that whats missing are the custom strat map models for generals in particular, so would be cool to do something about that, only i have to finish some other things first.
    Still, such input is very useful, so i do encourage anyone who might have a suggestion for the mod, to speak, and maybe it can be later included.

Also now since i already mentioned the Easter break i have, i want to wish all the best to anyone celebrating the Easter. Myself im not a religious person at all, but a break is really nice, so happy holidays everyone!

Ive been working on those hobgoblins and i think ill make a preview probably during the weekend.

Im also thinking about setting a release date for the next version of the mod. I already have some ideas, and i dont want to postpone it too much.

Like i said the preview of the units in game will come this weekend, but here a sneak peak:

These guys will be awesome ingame.

Hobgoblin Archers

Hobgoblin Warriors

These two units will be both mercenaries. Will also make a part of some rebel garrisons. There will be 2 more hobgoblin units, the heavier type.

There is some clipping here and there so i will have to probably fiddle with some rigging but overall pretty good rig.

Centenarius

Fantastic models, well done
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, I could send you what I've done - all the human units of "The Thay Nation" plus one Goblin-unit has been implemented. I stopped adding stuff when i reached all the weird creatures needing custom animations. I've added such units to Warcraft in the past but the difference here is that I lack clear instructions on which animation should be used for each of them.

I could still send you guys the half-finished Thay-roster.

Also, creating strat-map models is very easy and fast for me to do. I've done it for Hyrule and Warcraft starting on march 12th, and I'm taking a pause right now from both of those mods - I tried on your Orc General that you sent me and it worked fine.

Send me the generals, captains and their textures for each faction and I'll make them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War Screenshot 2021.05.09 - 18.19.36.03.jpg  
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Thats great news, thanks mate!

Also, creating strat-map models is very easy and fast for me to do. I've done it for Hyrule and Warcraft starting on march 12th, and I'm taking a pause right now from both of those mods - I tried on your Orc General that you sent me and it worked fine.

Send me the generals, captains and their textures for each faction and I'll make them.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Brilliant, that would be really great. Im gonna talk to you later about this, cause i will first have to get all those captains and generals in order (like which model for which factions etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Thats great news, thanks mate!

Brilliant, that would be really great. Im gonna talk to you later about this, cause i will first have to get all those captains and generals in order (like which model for which factions etc).

Sure, be aware that I can at the most do about 10 models a day. But they're easy to do, it's just that when they have multiple textures one needs to combine the textures into one single texture. That's the most time-consuming aspect of it.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Ok great, let me quickly do the math here. We have a maximum of 11+4 thats 15 factions that could be tackled i think. A captain and a general for each, makes 30 strat models. Minus the one you made already, thats 29. Im not sure if i can get you 10 models per day, as that is gonna take a bit of time for me to prep each model with a texture for you. I will let you know when i get a few of them ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Ok great, let me quickly do the math here. We have a maximum of 11+4 thats 15 factions that could be tackled i think. A captain and a general for each, makes 30 strat models. Minus the one you made already, thats 29. Im not sure if i can get you 10 models per day, as that is gonna take a bit of time for me to prep each model with a texture for you. I will let you know when i get a few of them ready.
    Sure, I could of course combine textures into one as well but that's more work than having the texture ready already. But I've bene forced to do that for some units in Hyrule and Warcraft-

- The Havamal