Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3284344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

icenii's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW

@Vladyvid there should be a law against being that good impressive work, get well soon.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Hardly as good as you think, but thank you for the compliment.
    The texture quality is good, but i can say this quality Level is already outdated and outshined by textures from Assurbanippals which are 4x more detailed. Im just sticking with my current texturing quality, as not spend too much time on that, and to keep certain similarity. Im about to go into surgery, wish me luck.

icenii's Avatar Civis

@Vladyvid good luck then, if the units get any better i would be afraid too play this mod ������ thanks to everyone working on it, i'm going to the used bookstore tomorrow and look for some Forgotten Realms reading material. ����
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I gather release is still some way off yes?
    Also, hope getting your gallbladder out when okay Vladyvid, I have to get mine out soon as well!

I dont know about the mod right now cause i git fired from work when i was sick, so i have now bigger problems and im not modding now. When i get back to this i dont know....

Hey Vladyvid, I hope things are going alright on your end? It has been a while since we have heard from you, so really wondering!

Im sorry but i dont know if i will ever continue working on this mod or when. I have too much troubles going on in my life.

How things are going for you, Vladyvid?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks for asking.

Things are actually getting better, and that could also be said in relation to the mod.

Im well aware that there is a lot of material which could be released, and probably even should be. The only major problem is that the campaign is unstable and unplayable for more than 10 turns or so, hence the only viable release option in any foreseeable future would have to be custom battles mode only. The campaign itself needs to be fixed ofc. I dont have all that much time to devote to modding yet, so i cant honestly tell how long would something like that take. I dont know if this is even a good idea, and would need to consult with the team, see what they think.

For now Im trying to sort out the unfinished units models i had in the pipeline, and they are at different stages of completion. Im talking about the rest of the zhentarim and luruar rosters, but also units for cormyr, tethyr and some more. Maybe i can get some time to work on that over the weekend or something.

Also Ive seen (that during my inactivity) Assurbanippal has been creating many new units models, and Ive seen some great stuff in there.

I understand this is not easy. The only advise I can give as a long-member of TWC and TW player, as I saw many mods and thousands hours of modding going to void, that if you think you won't be able to finish the mod, you should release everything you have so it doesn't get lost, as it would be a shame. Otherwise, take your time because you don't owe anyone anything.

But anyway, the main thing is to never get all the work done lost. People would still enjoy it, and people may still come, get interested and help you and/or continue the work.

I always get annoyed when I see beautiful previews and nothing gets ever released, even if unplayable. Such as waste.

Good luck for everything!

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thank you Nelduin!

I mostly agree with what you are saying, but luckily the mod data is in several places so there are backups, for most of the stuff at least.

I have some 5 or 6 different mod versions in different mod folders, some more outdated or updated than others, so i will have to first identify which one is the most recent and i could probably set up a new mod folder (again ) to make a custom battles version. I could probably only include the full roster factions that are ready, so not all of them.

I will see what i can do, if i get some time, then yeah im sure i could do it, its a simple mod folder version to build. I really want to give this idea a try, seems relatively easily achievable.

I checked my faerun mod folders. Considering what factions rosters are ready in terms of stats (could be tweaked later ofc) the first custom battle release (Faerun v0.1 lets say) will definitely include the following factions:

Captains Confederation
    Moonshae Isles
    Waterdeep
    Baldur's Gate
    Luruar
    Many-Arrows
    Unther

These are the only rosters that i have coded with stats, there are many other factions ready in terms of graphics but not coded. Depending if/how many more factions will be coded by the time v0.1 is released, probably more factions can be included in it.

That is the most rapid release version i can prepare now.

What remains to do, to make the release:
    - UI elements
    - loading screens
    - units sprites

Ive done UI and loading screens before so i know they are not hard to make, and the sprites are generated with a tool, so its not that bad.
    That should not take a lot of time, i will give a better estimate in a week or maybe sooner.

Then whatever factions are not released in v0.1, will be added in v0.2 patch.

Glad to hear you're doing better Vladyvid, health always comes first!

That is great news! Hopefully seeing a release would motivate people to give a hand, eventually.

Thank you Arclath, also good to see you!

(Faerun v0.1 lets say) will definitely include the following factions:

Captains Confederation
    Moonshae Isles
    Waterdeep
    Baldur's Gate
    Luruar
    Many-Arrows
    Unther
    and Calimshan aswell, they have been coded and everything, i must have missed them earlier. The Zhentarim will be there too, so that makes 9 factions i can confirm for this release plan right now.

While im putting together this v0.1 mod folder, it includes doing some copy/paste from my test mod folder where i work on new models. I added the zhentarim Blackguards, and posted for the team to see, but i guess i might just aswell show them here, as they will be part of this release aswell. They are a general unit, may use a different horse but maybe the one you see below will stay for now, or they may actually even end up as infantry cause i have another model version of them for that, which i had to simplify to better sit/animate on horseback.

and here a 'variety' comparison

They were created a while ago, so this and two more units make the Zhentarim ready, essentially. Im not gonna show the other two units here now cause i will be changing something and i dont have time now to do it all.

I also found some interface panels i created in the past so the missing UI pieces will be comming along.

While i was at work i looked at some faerun forgotten realms d&d wallpapers and have seen a lot of great art that could be used for loading screens, but im not sure how does it work with the copy rights. Is giving the artwork creator credits enough or is there anything on top of that required to use them in a mod intended for public use? I have to figure this out, cause it would be great to use some of those artworks.

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

new in game preview, we haave done unther roster for some months ago, for any reason it havent been showed yet

All 3D models made by me from the scratch but hands (they are vanilla) including every mount. all units have been designed for us due to the lack of pics, same for the previous rosters and incoming ones
    Textures: some made by me, some taken from TES: oblivion, skirym, romeII and Dark souls III. Also Elvasats shield textures pack and Sumskilz's Models & Textures

slaves archers nd spearmen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

archer levy

axe levy

levy spearmen

northern wizard

serpent guard

knights of the five-thorned rose

chariots

surely some of them will need some kind of impreove but this is more or less the roster

tomorrow ill post shadovar roster in game
    Last edited by assurbanippal; June 01, 2020 at 08:25 AM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

new in game preview: shadovar

All 3D models made by me from the scratch but hands (they are vanilla) including every mount. all units have been designed for us due to the lack of pics, same for the previous rosters and incoming ones
    Textures: some made by me, some taken from TES: oblivion, skirym, romeII and Dark souls III. Also Elvasats shield textures pack and Sumskilz's Models & Textures

due to the lack of lore info on the net dn other places the units dont have name asigned yet

Unit 1

Unit 2

Unit 3

to be continued...

unit 4 ( multiweapon)

Unit 5

unit 6

as usually some tweaks to do but this will be the roster

Some Damara units pre in game

Companion of the noble heart

Their horse

their retinue

Order of the golden cup knights

Their horse

Their retinue

Bodyguards

bodyguard horse

Nobles

Their horses

Noble squires

Centenarius

Hello Vladyvid and assurbanippal, I am happy to see you here again, I hope Titus is ok too. Thank you for the news and the previews, these are high quality models in my opinion, +rep to both
    Temporarily retired from modding.