Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.1 released, check the first post

Thank you.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice work!

Im glad you think so.

I dont have much to add right now. Im working on several things, but today im taking a little break from that. I will probably try to set a release date for the campaign version. In a way, because of Warcrafthero's debug, that could be released even already. We are just trying to add more playable factions, units, more content.

At the same time, i think its really likely that i will remove the named PSF feature. The forts names will go, but some of the forts will remain - only not many.

That will improve the gameplay, so i think thats a really positive change.

Characters Special Abilities - "Spells"

I thought maybe Warcrafthero could come here and tell this himself, but the mod will have a new cool feature that he created. Namely, there will be character powers usable in battle, that will basicly simulate several protective spells. As i understand, one character can get one of those abilities, so not all of them. Thats in a way similar to how Warhammer character abilities work. I think this is a nice feature to have, and definately something very much in tune with the lore and setting of this mod. Credit goes to Warcrafthero, who could explain everything about this feature much better himself im sure.

Otherwise, the work on the new units continues, and all the team is really doing great job.

Centenarius

Thank you Vladyvid As you have already said, some characters and generals will be abe to use special powers that simulate various spells. I do not want to reveal them but i can say that as of today five powers "spells" have been implemented; their use is limited in battle so if a wise player uses one of them at the right time, it could change the course of a battle but they are not overpowered. As Vladyvid wrote, these powers fit very well with the mod setting and lore. I am sure you will enjoy this unique feature
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Thanks for the explanations Warcrafthero!

I got some news, the release date will be announced within next few days. Just working on something to show with that announcement.

EDIT:

To clarify, im talking about the release date for the Faerun [Forgotten Realms] TW v0.2 (Faerun v0.2 in short), that is the second release, but the first official campaign release - so this is the first main release, the real big deal for everyone working on the mod. Years of our work finally .. ah but those words will have to wait a bit. Im personally really excited to have it already rising on the horizon, so to speak. Soon!
    Last edited by Vladyvid; September 10, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

So we will be able to play the campaign right?

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Yes

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Greetings to all!

It is my great pleasure to announce here that Faerun [Forgotten Realms] Total War version 0.2 is set to be released on 15.10.2020.

This will be the first official campaign release for the mod, something that we have been so stubborny working on for all these years.

There were times during the development of this mod, when hope was fading and the idea of this mod being ever released was as dim and distant, as those memories are now in the light of this announcement. Thanks to all the efforts on the part of the modding team, countless hours of work and dedication, we can finally look back at all that work and see that it was not in vain. I’m not gonna hide the fact that i has several long breaks from working on this mod, and there were times when i doubted if i will continue working on this ever again. That is just how things go in life sometimes, there are some ups and downs, but at the end of the day, we are now all here, and the campaign release is just around the corner.

I would like to express my unending gratitude and thanks to everyone who was at any point involved in the development of this mod, supported it, or helped in any way.

My special thanks go to several people without whom I believe the development of this mod would have failed, and who motivated me to continue:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vercassivelaunos
    I know that you are not active on these forums anymore, but my first thanks goes to you – for giving this mod the impetus it needed so much in the beginning, for giving all that time and energy that you did, for all the cool ideas and lots of early work development that you initiated and helped with.

Titus le Chmakus
    When things were bad and i couldnt work on this mod, you kept my seat warm and you continued forth. Your dedication and countless hours of work will never be forgotten, at least not by me. Thank you for all the great ideas, all of the suport and energy you invested in this mod.

Assurbanippal
    Sometimes i think you are just working on your models non stop. You have done so much for this mod over the years, created so many models, that it was always difficult for me to keep up and lets be honest i rarely did keep up with you. Thanks for all that time and dedication, this would be never possible without you.

There are ofcourse more people to be credited for working on this mod, and the full list of contributors will be posted on the v0.2 release date: 15.10.2020

I will only add that initially i wanted this announcement to be acompanied by a video trailer, but that is not ready yet, and i dont want to wait any longer.

Thanks!

This is great news, thanks to all involved.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Great news, but man, so much work ahead of me that at times i get scared thinking about this. In case i wont have everything planned completed tho (im sure i wont have everything i wanted), the mod will be released simply without those parts. Its really easy to get discouraged when i look at my models and then compare them to what Assurbanippal is creating now - im like a caveman next to him. Then i just think, whatever, i cant produce so much better quality so fast, so im just doing what i can as fast as i can. The results will not be always that great, but the alternative is postponing the release for the next year and who knows for when...

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

The campaign is released, that is Faerun v0.2.

You can download it on the moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/faernforg...-realms-tw-v02

The credits are in the readme file in the download folder. I will add everything later, now im really tired.

This version allows to play 12 factions in the campaign. More stuff will be added probably in some patches. I need some rest now, thanks to all the contributors, you are listed in the credits in the readme and i will copy that in the first post later.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Well done.

Thank you Gigantus!

I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on the situation, because its pretty dynamic right now.

V0.2 is out, there is a patch now aswell, so thats available. The patch is a small file but does make a big difference, because not only it solves most of ctd reasons, but also adds recruitment and upkeep prices for all units in the mod, making the overall economy more of a game in itself, rather than just a background feature.

Thats what is available at the moment, but we will actually have another release, and probably rather sooner than later. Still this year im sure, depends how much we want to add.

The thing is we just didnt make it for the 15th of October with a lot of stuff that is now being finished. For example basicly even today we could add another playable faction - Cormanthyr (elves). There are also several units for different other factions that are completed. Other things that will be now probably also added:

- probably whole new portraits sets for most, of maybe even all cultures
    - custom potraits for specific important characters
    - improved economy balance, because right now it needs nerfing for sure
    - finished battle banners for some factions
    - possibly several magic/wizzard units for various factions (3 are ready right now)
    - at least some rebel garrisons for the start of the campaign, limiting the crazy expansion that is now possible

Then depending how that will go, maybe there will be some other additions, maybe more campaign ui completion, another faction, we will see.

edit: deleted because it was double posted, same as above one
    Last edited by Vladyvid; November 02, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

Just a quick heads up on the development. I have to say Warcrafthero has been doing some crazy fast coding, he much deserves rep if anyone would be willing to give him some for that, cause i can only give so much.

With all the work being done, i can now now say with total confidence that the next release will add at least 3 playable factions, but most likely more: Cormanthyr, Damara and Aglarond will be there 100%; for other factions we will see, but probably also Rashemen and Thay.

For now the main priority is adding the remaining rosters of the 22 planned factions, but there is also a strong possibility of a 23rd faction being added. Right now the candidate is Impiltur, so that Damara would have an immediate neighbour. You can see it on this map, if you can find it! (below Damara)

There will also be probably more tweaks to the economy and unit stats, and later also recruitment. There will be many AOR units that are now available anywhere. That will change later but there is simply no time to do everything all at once so that part was just planned to be tuned later on.

Its all gonna take some time and effort but eventually we will get there im sure, so that this will be a real fun mod and depicting Faerun well too. The v0.1 was just to showcase some rosters, v0.2 was to show there is a playable campaign. The next one will flesh out things much better, and to be honest im myself quite excited to think what could be added.

BTW i hope you (people who played this mod i guess) like the main menu music theme, because the guy who made it will be making more music for the mod.

Can't wait for more! I will def play once I am done with my official patch for Bare_Geomod.

Great news, I have tried the mod today and it is very good even in its actual unfinished state.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Centenarius

Thank you Vladyvid, i am happy to give a hand to the team
    Temporarily retired from modding.

You are doing great job mate, thank you!

Also, i thought why not to post here something that has already been added.

Cormanthyr:

Aglarond:

Both rosters made by Assurbanippal, coded by Warcrafthero, and i added the info pics and unit cards you see here. Both these factions will belong to the "elven" culture/religion group, but Cormanthyr is a trully elven faction while Aglarond is only partial. BTW the black background in the unit cards is transparent in game, i just didnt want to bother masking for a quick preview like this.

Wow, nice to finally see those units ingame. Well done team!