Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.1 released, check the first post

@Warcrafthero
    Thanks so much for the files you sent me, i did some testing and everything was working fine. Then it was late and i was tired so i just quit. Im going to continue testing futher this week, to see how far i can go.
    You have pointed out many issues that i will be trying to adress during the next weeks, and hopefully eliminate other causes of instability. I must say thanks to your efforts, im now fairly confident that we can include the campaign for the next release. It will need some more work, no doubt, but i already see the light at the end of that tunnel.

For me, you are now Faerunhero! ofc + rep

@PeaMan
    Thank you, much appreciated!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It does. But as with all mods using Steam you can't ever start it with the .bat-file. You'd need to install it like you do when using Steam - which is an entirely different process.
    Here is the golden bullet to run mods under Steam. Apply once, run all mod's with their original bat file\desktop shortcut, more details here.

A little update from me. I added some units for Cormyr that will be available for the next release.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

They are, from top to bottom:

Arabellan Armsmen
    Arabellan Arbalesters
    Arabellan Phoenix Guard
    Forest Sentinels
    Dragon Shields
    Royal Regiment Cavalry

Will there be a full campaign in the near future?

Blog Entries

Looking good.

Tip: try to leave the top left of your unit cards open for the soldier count number. Sometimes simply 'flipping\mirroring' the image will do the trick already - like it would for the cross bow unit and the spear carrier (first spoiler, bottom pic).

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1
    Will there be a full campaign in the near future?
    Yes the next release will include the campaign. Probably in september if things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    Looking good.

Tip: try to leave the top left of your unit cards open for the soldier count number. Sometimes simply 'flipping\mirroring' the image will do the trick already - like it would for the cross bow unit and the spear carrier (first spoiler, bottom pic).
    Oh youre right, thanks for the tip. I have to remember that when making new unit cards.

Good! i will consider installing it when it comes out.

An unexpected update. I visited a friend of mine, who is a musician lets say, without getting in too much detail, and he suprised me showing a track he made for the mod! I wanted him to send it to me, to post it, but he said it wasnt ready yet. I think if all works out ok it could be something like the main menu music theme. When i get my hands on it i will post it. Pretty cool surprise tho.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to listen to it.

Centenarius

Congratulations for the forum page
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Thank you!

I started doing some modding at my new place. Im still busy after work most of the time, but tried to find some time and i managed to finish the Spellguard for Luruar.

Here a bit of lore on that unit if you like to check it: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Spellguard

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    A little update from me. I added some units for Cormyr that will be available for the next release.

They are, from top to bottom:

Arabellan Armsmen
    Arabellan Arbalesters
    Arabellan Phoenix Guard
    Forest Sentinels
    Dragon Shields
    Royal Regiment Cavalry

my feedback: why are their arms so small? you should make them bigger since they look like malnourished but only the arms part. It should trick the eyes that they're wearing some surcoat/jupon over their armour. Also for the torso, reduce their size so it wont look like an inflated balloon. That is all, keep it the good work!

I knopw. The model itself is proportional, and neither are the arms 'malnourished' nor the torso too bulky. The problem that i have is with the rigging of that element, where the arms and torso join. I always have problems with that. I tried different vertex assignment with different models, but im beginning to think there is a problem with the vanilla sketelon. Im saying this because even for a unit that has the arms rigged correctly (as it may look) the arms will still be too close to the torso, or also often there is that problem of arms becoming skinny like you pointed out.

Im getting pissed a lot sometimes because the models look good and proportional in milkshape but then in game its this . I dont always try to correct that (no time for perfection), cause i have too many other units to do so im cutting corners mate, cutting corners and leaving those malnourished arms to be corrected in the future ...maybe... I mean the whole model is nothing special i know, but lets say its better than nothing. A lot of this mod is created like that, so that its better than nothing. Cause the alternative is being perfectionist and slowing down development, and that is not really a good idea for a mod thats in development for almost 9 years now.......

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Hey Vlad, congrats on getting new forum for this mod and getting the release done. Nice job keeping this alive
    Last edited by NekoGenijalan; August 08, 2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: correction of grammar

Thanks Neko, and good to see you around!

Yeah who would have thought it will take so much time, but to be honest there were several long breaks when the mod was not being developed. Anyways, we are where we are.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

I guess it normal to take a break from time to time. I think I haven't played a TW game in a loooong time, like five years or so. Recently I started few mods and I am enjoying this time of pandemic by playing old games since I ca't get used to new games at all I am getting old

Yes i understand completely, we are all getting old unfortunately, thats the way of things.

While you are trying out some mods, you might give this one a try aswell, but remember the current version is nothing more than a demo. The next release will include the campaign, though with a simple trick the campaign can be unlocked even in this version.

Anyway good to see you around Neko. Dont forget to check up on the progress here, cause there will be some new things comming in the next several weeks for sure.

I got back to the units, after a little bit of a break (was just tired).

These guys are called Black Cloaks, and they are very rare and elite so not much variety, but i like how the texture turned out:

I mean there will be some variety in terms of faces and both versions of the hood in different colours, but thats all. Can you guess which faction they belong to? I think its easy.

Designs inspired by great artworks of Todd Lockwood (https://www.toddlockwood.com/)

I will be now focusing on the Kingdom of Tethyr. Have some models started, so will do the units of Champions Vigilant order first. The main focus for the upcoming release is to have more factions rosters completed, especially those in the west. Thats why i want to do Tethyr and later also Amn, at least partially.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; August 23, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Whoa! That looks great.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)