Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1172

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.1 planned release Page 54, cool previews bottom of Page 53

Ok so first things first, im uploading the mod right now. First tried directly to moddb but i was getting errors, so now im uploading to dropbox and will take it to moddb from there.
    Once the download link is ready i will post it here but im affraid its not ready just yet, but soon it will be i mean how long can that take...

Now to you Mr Nygren.
    I used to implement all the models of Game of Thrones: Enhanced after the 2016 release - and I did implement over 400 models to Warcraft. Bantu Chieftain rigged them in MS3D, did the textures and the UV-maping - the models themselves were already created- rigging and UV-maping was still a time-consuming job to do for Bantu.

What I did was code them into the EU, EDU, BMDB, descr_mount, descr_projectiles etc. And the strat-models as well to the descr_character and the descr_models_strat. I did a lot of the gameplay as well. Point is that if that's what you do not have the time to do, then I could probably help you out.

But I cannot help you with rigging any model, and as for the creation of the textures I cannot do that neither - however UV-maping I know the basics of as I did do some UV-maping in MS3D for Hyrule: Total War - but I'd rather not do that stuff as I found it very boring to do. I do also know the basics of moving gear from one model to another but that's basic stuff of course. I'm knowledgeable in most coding of Medieval 2 but I'm not that good with the actual modelling part.

If you want to get the finished models into the game I could spend time on that this summer as I would be able to just implement them in a short time period - if they are ready to be coded into the gamefiles that is.

That's pretty much my main function in the two mods I mentioned to code models into Medieval 2 after a modeller has finished them.
    That is a very generous offer, that would be foolish to reject, so sure i would most gladly accept your help.

I can tell you right away which rosters need such treatment (EU, EDU, BMDB): Thay, Mulhorand, Aglarond, Rashemen, Shadovar, Elves of Cormanthyr, Delzoun, and as we can all see from the post above, now also Damara is joining that list. Thats 8 factions, probably something like more than a 100 units. There will have to be some selection because the Mulhorand alone have maybe like 20, similar Thay. Assurbanippal be praised for the gifts of plenty.

Now, not to say that i would expect you to do all that, but i wanted to explain the situation better. You will pick what roster or rosters you can add, and that would be great with me. I will talk to you later! THanks again for the offer!

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.1 planned release Page 54, cool previews bottom of Page 53

The mod is released!

Install instruction, team and credits etc etc:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Faerun [Forgotten Realms] Total War Volume 0.1, for short later called Faerun v0.1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Contents
    2. How to install
    3. Team and credits
    4. Legal information
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Faerun v0.1 includes:

FaerunV01 - this is the mod folder
    Campreview - this contains campaign files which can be added to run a campaign preview (5 turns demo)
    FaerunV01 includes 10 playable factions in the custom battles mode. Some rosters will receive more units.
    2. Installation

Simply put the FaerunV01 mod folder into the MedievalIITotalWar/mods .
    To play the mod go inside FaerunV01 and run the Faerun.bat file.
    3. Team and credits

Vladyvid:
    main creator, mapping, coding, units models and textures (most rosters from this release),
    ui, and lots of research

Titus le Chmakus:
    scripting, lots of coding, ancillaries, traits, ui (unit cards, ancillaries)
    trade resources, building trees, units stats, and lots of research

Assurbanippal:
    units models and textures (all of Unther, almost all of Calimshan, many more rosters which are comming soon)
    and ofcourse lots of research

Former or inactive team members:
    vercassivelaunos - lots of early concept work, research and overall support in early stages
    socrates1984 - help with ancillaries, organization of work, research
    martinskyboy - lots of concept work, texturing, helped by improving the map, research
    Andriscus - research, descriptions, proof-reading
    NekoGenijalan - help with organization of work, earlier moddb page, research and overall development support

Resources used in the making of this mod and their creators:
    Retrofit mod - by Unspoken Knight
    Rusichi horse textures - Rusichi TW Team

I would also like to thank everyone on TWC, especially in the M2TW sections, for years of support without which the making of this mod would be most likely not possible.
    Special thanks for all the advice and help from: Gigantus, Withwnar and Makanyane.

Also thanks to all followers and supporters, and everyone i forgot but should mention. Thank you!
    4. Legal information

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.
    All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).
    The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

Link to the mod download page on moddb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/faernforg...#downloadsform

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Ok so first things first, im uploading the mod right now. First tried directly to moddb but i was getting errors, so now im uploading to dropbox and will take it to moddb from there.
    Once the download link is ready i will post it here but im affraid its not ready just yet, but soon it will be i mean how long can that take...

Now to you Mr Nygren.

That is a very generous offer, that would be foolish to reject, so sure i would most gladly accept your help.

I can tell you right away which rosters need such treatment (EU, EDU, BMDB): Thay, Mulhorand, Aglarond, Rashemen, Shadovar, Elves of Cormanthyr, Delzoun, and as we can all see from the post above, now also Damara is joining that list. Thats 8 factions, probably something like more than a 100 units. There will have to be some selection because the Mulhorand alone have maybe like 20, similar Thay. Assurbanippal be praised for the gifts of plenty.

Now, not to say that i would expect you to do all that, but i wanted to explain the situation better. You will pick what roster or rosters you can add, and that would be great with me. I will talk to you later! THanks again for the offer!
    With Warcraft: Total War I did do one whole roster at a time - Bantu would finish one faction and I would get the units in packages of between 4 to 10. But he were really active. If you already have that many unused models then that is a lot to implement - not toforget the unit cards that they will need as well. But I could do such things. The issue would be if some of them are going to use unique animations - or if you want specific stats for certain units?

I'd like to know which units are basic, elite, medium - and if they'd use unique animations.

Thing is that the first balance would be pretty similar between every faction as I'd probably look at the basics, medums, elites of other factions and just copy the stats. So you'd need to probably correct any stats later to what you'd like them to be. But they'd be similar between the factions.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

The mod is released!

Install instruction, team and credits etc etc:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Faerun [Forgotten Realms] Total War Volume 0.1, for short later called Faerun v0.1
    1. Contents
    2. How to install
    3. Team and credits
    4. Legal information
    1. Faerun v0.1 includes:

FaerunV01 - this is the mod folder
    Campreview - this contains campaign files which can be added to run a campaign preview (5 turns demo)
    FaerunV01 includes 10 playable factions in the custom battles mode. Some rosters will receive more units.
    2. Installation

Simply put the FaerunV01 mod folder into the MedievalIITotalWar/mods .
    To play the mod go inside FaerunV01 and run the Faerun.bat file.
    3. Team and credits

Vladyvid:
    main creator, mapping, coding, units models and textures (most rosters from this release),
    ui, and lots of research

Titus le Chmakus:
    scripting, lots of coding, ancillaries, traits, ui (unit cards, ancillaries)
    trade resources, building trees, units stats, and lots of research

Assurbanippal:
    units models and textures (all of Unther, almost all of Calimshan, many more rosters which are comming soon)
    and ofcourse lots of research

Former or inactive team members:
    vercassivelaunos - lots of early concept work, research and overall support in early stages
    socrates1984 - help with ancillaries, organization of work, research
    martinskyboy - lots of concept work, texturing, helped by improving the map, research
    Andriscus - research, descriptions, proof-reading
    NekoGenijalan - help with organization of work, earlier moddb page, research and overall development support

Resources used in the making of this mod and their creators:
    Retrofit mod - by Unspoken Knight
    Rusichi horse textures - Rusichi TW Team

I would also like to thank everyone on TWC, especially in the M2TW sections, for years of support without which the making of this mod would be most likely not possible.
    Special thanks for all the advice and help from: Gigantus, Withwnar and Makanyane.

Also thanks to all followers and supporters, and everyone i forgot but should mention. Thank you!
    4. Legal information

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.
    All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).
    The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

Link to the mod download page on moddb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/faernforg...#downloadsform

I've downloaded the mod and looked at all the factions in the custom battles, I've also taken a look at the map - and I've looked at the folders of the factions.

1. I do think that the models are mostly of superb quality. There are some clones with different textures but many models are standing out. The Norsemen of the Captain's faction - and the Orcs look really good. I do think that the focus should be to add the rest of the units to the custom battles, and I'm willing to code units into the custom battles if I get a hint at what stats/tier each unit should be - and if I'm pointed to what the ideas are. I could otherwise just give them the same stats as the already existing untis. It might be a good idea though for me to implement the rest of the units for the already playable factions first if they have more.

2. The campaign is gorgeous. It's true that most things on it are old vanilla stuff - such as the settlements and the strat-models. It reminds me of Warcraft: Total War in the early stages. While the campaign is important I'd think the custom battles are more interesting as of now until more units are in. We didn't even start on the campaign before all the factions in the original beta had at least ten unts. So it would probably be for the best to get the other models/units into the game before doing work on the campaign.

3. Two factions had silver surfer vanilla crewmen for their siege engines, one custom unit were a silver surfer (I've printscreened all three issues) and there were no music in the mod - even though all the text-files for the music were in the "sounds"-folder.

The loading screens are interesting. The models once again stand out and this could be a great mod whenever it has everything completed. The units already look great for certain factions. All look good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.01 - 02.53.09.82.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.01 - 02.59.27.72.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.01 - 03.02.55.90.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 30, 2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.1 released, check the first post

With Warcraft: Total War I did do one whole roster at a time - Bantu would finish one faction and I would get the units in packages of between 4 to 10. But he were really active. If you already have that many unused models then that is a lot to implement - not toforget the unit cards that they will need as well. But I could do such things. The issue would be if some of them are going to use unique animations - or if you want specific stats for certain units?
    Only the dwarves would require special animations, so only one roster can be problematic like that. The unit cards are no issue, i can do one faction over one evening, its no problem.

I'd like to know which units are basic, elite, medium - and if they'd use unique animations.
    Sure, and like i said unique animations so far only for the dwarves, well and for giants too but its only one unit so we can wait with that.

1. I do think that the models are mostly of superb quality. There are some clones with different textures but many models are standing out. The Norsemen of the Captain's faction - and the Orcs look really good. I do think that the focus should be to add the rest of the units to the custom battles, and I'm willing to code units into the custom battles if I get a hint at what stats/tier each unit should be - and if I'm pointed to what the ideas are. I could otherwise just give them the same stats as the already existing untis. It might be a good idea though for me to implement the rest of the units for the already playable factions first if they have more.
    Thanks! The clones you are referring to, are mostly the militias, but there is little more to them, because they actually have 4 tiers, basic and 3 upgrades of both the texture and the model, so they start in tunics and hats and end up in chainmail and helmets. I know they are a bit outdated, but they were my first set of "ok-ish" models, so i kept them.

There are also upgrade models and textures for a number of other units, among them many Northmen units aswell. Not all units or not all factions have those upgrades, its mostly for the units shared among many factions.

2. The campaign is gorgeous. It's true that most things on it are old vanilla stuff - such as the settlements and the strat-models. It reminds me of Warcraft: Total War in the early stages. While the campaign is important I'd think the custom battles are more interesting as of now until more units are in. We didn't even start on the campaign before all the factions in the original beta had at least ten unts. So it would probably be for the best to get the other models/units into the game before doing work on the campaign.
    Yes theres been quite a bit of work done for the campaign, even if it looks rought around the edges like that. The main plan is to add more rosters to be playable, while for the campaign my plan is to start remaking it by first only taking the bare map, and later adding more features. Since ive done this before, with several mod folders, and i could get different maps to work, im pretty sure i can do that. I would then test the map itself with the vanilla files, and if no major issues are there would proceed adding EDU/EDB and units.

3. Two factions had silver surfer vanilla crewmen for their siege engines, one custom unit were a silver surfer (I've printscreened all three issues) and there were no music in the mod - even though all the text-files for the music were in the "sounds"-folder.
    Sorry i havent really checked the artillery pieces at all, they are all vanilla peasants i believe. They will all receive proper models, but thanks for reporting. As for the sound, i was rushing a few things last evening and i wanted to change the factions voices, then screw up and forgot to go back, so i guess ended up with a no sound release, funny. I will probably make a fix patch for that, along with a few other things i suppose.

EDIT: I didnt notice the Arcane Brotherhood Wizards issue, that must be a coding mistake in BMDB because that unit is using a different model than what the surfer is, and both the models and textures should be there, i will check when im home.

The loading screens are interesting.
    Well, they are the easiest thing to make, so i woudnt say its that big of a deal, just tried to find some screens to illustrate different factions we have, or places.

In general, about the screens, menus, and ui, that is all not exactly done, because simply i was cutting lots of corners to make the release as planned. The units sprites are not implemented, only for some units. Last evening i was still considering if to push myself and add 3 more units for Cormyr to let them have 10, but i decided it makes little difference and i can add them later (would have to make weapons, set up textures, rig the models, convert all and code, and make unit cards). I had a rather bad day yesterday, so i will add them later with more other stuff.

Thanks a lot for all this feedback Mr_Nygren, if anyone has anything else they can report, please do.

EDIT:
    As you said the main priority will be on finishing the rosters. Good thing is that most stuff is ready, and if we had those 8 rosters from Assurbanippal coded, that would make 18 rosters complete and that is a lot.
    For the remaining factions: Amn, Tethyr, Chondath and Sembia; they all have some 3-5 units already completed, so each would require probably not more than some 8 unique units. I have several units that will be added to the factions which are already playable: Arabellan units (2 or 3) for Cormyr, Knights in Silver and the Spellguard for Luruar, Black Cloaks for the Zhentarim, and some more. I also have some units for Tethyr, and will continue finishing those rosters.

Also, Assurbanippal has created many cool mounts models that we are not yet using in the mod, but it would definatelly be great to add some of them. They are both various horses and exotic beasts like griphons, and even flying carpets.

EDIT2:
    I unpacked the mod from the uploaded file to test myself how it works, and the sounds work, so i dont know why you had no sounds. I tried the mod folder which was uploaded and it was with vanilla sounds and music. Anyway that is fine, but im wondering why you had no sound...

If anyone else can confirm the lack of sound, or any other bugs, i would really appreciate that.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; July 01, 2020 at 10:09 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I was a bit puzzled when looking at the CFG file: no 'file_first' line and still it worked. And initially I forgot to copy the campreview content into the mod
    Before starting the mod I moved all TXT files from the sound folder to the data folder where they belong and deleted the IDX\DAT files that remained - no sund issue for me.
    Just got a bit bugged by the multitude of 'sell items' messages I got swamped with when selecting a single character- no clue what I was going to sell and what effect it would have - that needs some more work\details.

Map looks good, may I recommend my settlement symbol tutorial for some enhancement?

I'll have a look at the script at a later stage.

Only the dwarves would require special animations, so only one roster can be problematic like that. The unit cards are no issue, i can do one faction over one evening, its no problem.

Sure, and like i said unique animations so far only for the dwarves, well and for giants too but its only one unit so we can wait with that.

Thanks! The clones you are referring to, are mostly the militias, but there is little more to them, because they actually have 4 tiers, basic and 3 upgrades of both the texture and the model, so they start in tunics and hats and end up in chainmail and helmets. I know they are a bit outdated, but they were my first set of "ok-ish" models, so i kept them.

There are also upgrade models and textures for a number of other units, among them many Northmen units aswell. Not all units or not all factions have those upgrades, its mostly for the units shared among many factions.

Yes theres been quite a bit of work done for the campaign, even if it looks rought around the edges like that. The main plan is to add more rosters to be playable, while for the campaign my plan is to start remaking it by first only taking the bare map, and later adding more features. Since ive done this before, with several mod folders, and i could get different maps to work, im pretty sure i can do that. I would then test the map itself with the vanilla files, and if no major issues are there would proceed adding EDU/EDB and units.

Sorry i havent really checked the artillery pieces at all, they are all vanilla peasants i believe. They will all receive proper models, but thanks for reporting. As for the sound, i was rushing a few things last evening and i wanted to change the factions voices, then screw up and forgot to go back, so i guess ended up with a no sound release, funny. I will probably make a fix patch for that, along with a few other things i suppose.

EDIT: I didnt notice the Arcane Brotherhood Wizards issue, that must be a coding mistake in BMDB because that unit is using a different model than what the surfer is, and both the models and textures should be there, i will check when im home.

Well, they are the easiest thing to make, so i woudnt say its that big of a deal, just tried to find some screens to illustrate different factions we have, or places.

In general, about the screens, menus, and ui, that is all not exactly done, because simply i was cutting lots of corners to make the release as planned. The units sprites are not implemented, only for some units. Last evening i was still considering if to push myself and add 3 more units for Cormyr to let them have 10, but i decided it makes little difference and i can add them later (would have to make weapons, set up textures, rig the models, convert all and code, and make unit cards). I had a rather bad day yesterday, so i will add them later with more other stuff.

Thanks a lot for all this feedback Mr_Nygren, if anyone has anything else they can report, please do.

EDIT:
    As you said the main priority will be on finishing the rosters. Good thing is that most stuff is ready, and if we had those 8 rosters from Assurbanippal coded, that would make 18 rosters complete and that is a lot.
    For the remaining factions: Amn, Tethyr, Chondath and Sembia; they all have some 3-5 units already completed, so each would require probably not more than some 8 unique units. I have several units that will be added to the factions which are already playable: Arabellan units (2 or 3) for Cormyr, Knights in Silver and the Spellguard for Luruar, Black Cloaks for the Zhentarim, and some more. I also have some units for Tethyr, and will continue finishing those rosters.

Also, Assurbanippal has created many cool mounts models that we are not yet using in the mod, but it would definatelly be great to add some of them. They are both various horses and exotic beasts like griphons, and even flying carpets.

EDIT2:
    I unpacked the mod from the uploaded file to test myself how it works, and the sounds work, so i dont know why you had no sounds. I tried the mod folder which was uploaded and it was with vanilla sounds and music. Anyway that is fine, but im wondering why you had no sound...

If anyone else can confirm the lack of sound, or any other bugs, i would really appreciate that.
    Alright, sounds good about the animations then.

Yes, the basic units were cool and all - I still need to take a look at the upgrades. They reminded me of the TGC/WotN-models but with different heads and other details. And I like those models. What i mean by that is that they had similar leather armour as those but different.

Good luck with remaking the campaign man! It will be an interesting campaign to play later.

Yeah, I saw that all the artillery engines were handed by vanilla crews. I still thought I should tell you about the two factions using silver surfer vanilla crews for them - but I knew they would be replaced later.

The Arcane Brother Wizards-unit for the Captain's Confederation was the only silver surfer out of the new unit models. As you say probably due to a coding mistake in the BMDB.

It wasn't a critique about the loading screens m8. They looked great.

Are there any factions with female units? Amn has a female on the shield. In Elder Scrolls they have only male units despite the Morrowind game having units with female soldiers in the Empire etc. I like female soldiers and would certainly be interested in implementing such a faction if there is any.

Otherwise just send me the roster you want implemented and I'll be implementing it.

Edit:

Mounts could cause trouble with the textures. Bantu had issues with them until he finally solved them. They had to use "mount" in their file-name or something. Also, what are they rigged on? I'd suggest doing what we did and use Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times models as a base when rigging them. Then you could simply use the animations of Beginning of the End Times - as they have Carpets, griffons etc there.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 02, 2020 at 10:41 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I was a bit puzzled when looking at the CFG file: no 'file_first' line and still it worked. And initially I forgot to copy the campreview content into the mod
    Before starting the mod I moved all TXT files from the sound folder to the data folder where they belong and deleted the IDX\DAT files that remained - no sund issue for me.
    Just got a bit bugged by the multitude of 'sell items' messages I got swamped with when selecting a single character- no clue what I was going to sell and what effect it would have - that needs some more work\details.

Map looks good, may I recommend my settlement symbol tutorial for some enhancement?

I'll have a look at the script at a later stage.
    Thanks a lot of taking a look Gigantus! Also cheers for that enhancement tutorial, looks good. For a long time now i havent been really working on the campaign but focusing on producing units. Now that we have 10 playable rosters, and 8 more rosters ready for coding, i will finally focus my attention of reworking the campaign. I want to start with the bare map, then keep adding more feature and testing each time. Maybe some of those complicated features that are not very well executed like you mentioned the market feature can be confusing.

So that would be my main issue to make a stable campaign, then adding units and buildings files, and then more features if everything works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Alright, sounds good about the animations then.

Yes, the basic units were cool and all - I still need to take a look at the upgrades. They reminded me of the TGC/WotN-models but with different heads and other details. And I like those models. What i mean by that is that they had similar leather armour as those but different.

Good luck with remaking the campaign man! It will be an interesting campaign to play later.

Yeah, I saw that all the artillery engines were handed by vanilla crews. I still thought I should tell you about the two factions using silver surfer vanilla crews for them - but I knew they would be replaced later.

The Arcane Brother Wizards-unit for the Captain's Confederation was the only silver surfer out of the new unit models. As you say probably due to a coding mistake in the BMDB.

It wasn't a critique about the loading screens m8. They looked great.

Are there any factions with female units? Amn has a female on the shield. In Elder Scrolls they have only male units despite the Morrowind game having units with female soldiers in the Empire etc. I like female soldiers and would certainly be interested in implementing such a faction if there is any.

Otherwise just send me the roster you want implemented and I'll be implementing it.

Edit:

Mounts could cause trouble with the textures. Bantu had issues with them until he finally solved them. They had to use "mount" in their file-name or something. Also, what are they rigged on? I'd suggest doing what we did and use Warhammer: Beginning of the End Times models as a base when rigging them. Then you could simply use the animations of Beginning of the End Times - as they have Carpets, griffons etc there.
    Ok so for the female units, i believe the elves may have some, but we mostly just focused on men in units for simplicity. I would definately like to see some units like that, and even more some special characters like Alustriel or Simbul, or Scyllua Darkhope of the Zhentarim, Queen Zaranda Star of Tethyr, Lady Myrmeen Lhaal of Arabel, i can go on and on, there are so many graet female heroes. I hope we will eventually get to the point where we can add at least some of them.

After all rosters are completed we can add some units like that, because we will have more time for focusing one single units. There arent all that many units left to finish all the rosters to an acceptable level, so later we can focus on mercenaries, unique rebels, and some special units. I mean we could still keep adding more factions, but that i would say only after a working campaign with the initially intended 22 factions. I mean i sure would like to later add more and im looking forward to working on Turmish, Chessenta, or other such realms; Erlkazar, Impiltur, Thesk, there was an idea for a Hordes of Thar faction of orcs. Theres many great possibilities.

Ok so for the female units, i believe the elves may have some, but we mostly just focused on men in units for simplicity. I would definately like to see some units like that, and even more some special characters like Alustriel or Simbul, or Scyllua Darkhope of the Zhentarim, Queen Zaranda Star of Tethyr, Lady Myrmeen Lhaal of Arabel, i can go on and on, there are so many graet female heroes. I hope we will eventually get to the point where we can add at least some of them.

After all rosters are completed we can add some units like that, because we will have more time for focusing one single units. There arent all that many units left to finish all the rosters to an acceptable level, so later we can focus on mercenaries, unique rebels, and some special units. I mean we could still keep adding more factions, but that i would say only after a working campaign with the initially intended 22 factions. I mean i sure would like to later add more and im looking forward to working on Turmish, Chessenta, or other such realms; Erlkazar, Impiltur, Thesk, there was an idea for a Hordes of Thar faction of orcs. Theres many great possibilities.
    I've looked at some of the threads in the Developer's forum, and I've posted there as well - I'm really interested in Shadowar and the Elves of Cormynthyr. The Elves in particular are gorgeous I think. Assurbannipal seems to have already coded his stuff into his version of the mod. So it would be easier to code them into the release if I had his version I think - then it's a faster matter of copying entries, while otherwise I will need to create the entries. Both will work but it would be faster if I had his files.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 02, 2020 at 04:12 PM.

- The Havamal

I've looked at some of the threads in the Developer's forum, and I've posted there as well - I'm really interested in Shadowar and the Elves of Cormynthyr. The Elves in particular are gorgeous I think.
    Yes they are both great and very different rosters, and very unique aswell. I like them a lot myself too, great examples of Assurbanippals craft.

Assurbannipal seems to have already coded his stuff into his version of the mod.
    I dont think thats the case exactly, i explained in the dev forums, but Assurbanippal can explain himself im sure.

So it would be easier to code them into the release if I had his version I think - then it's a faster matter of copying entries, while otherwise I will need to create the entries. Both will work but it would be faster if I had his files.
    Yes i know the process, ive done that for Calimshan and Unther units; Assurbanippal would send me models and textures, and i coded them to be playable, then Titus would go and adjust the stats according to his system. You know how to do both what i and Titus did in that process. I mean i can still do my part like before and send you the coded units for stats adjustment, if you only want to focus on that part.

The whole process involves:
    -renaming the units models and textures to proper designation (they usually have temporary names)
    -add entries to BMDB
    -add entries to EU
    -add entries to EDU

optional:
    -add entries to EDB

Then i would make unit cards, but if you want to skip any part of the process like BMDB, then i would complete those entries.

Yes they are both great and very different rosters, and very unique aswell. I like them a lot myself too, great examples of Assurbanippals craft.

I dont think thats the case exactly, i explained in the dev forums, but Assurbanippal can explain himself im sure.

Yes i know the process, ive done that for Calimshan and Unther units; Assurbanippal would send me models and textures, and i coded them to be playable, then Titus would go and adjust the stats according to his system. You know how to do both what i and Titus did in that process. I mean i can still do my part like before and send you the coded units for stats adjustment, if you only want to focus on that part.

The whole process involves:
    -renaming the units models and textures to proper designation (they usually have temporary names)
    -add entries to BMDB
    -add entries to EU
    -add entries to EDU

optional:
    -add entries to EDB

Then i would make unit cards, but if you want to skip any part of the process like BMDB, then i would complete those entries.
    To be honest I suck at doing stats. I much rather do the coding and leave the stats to you or Titus .

- The Havamal

Sure, that will work!

Does the mod work with the Definitive Edition? I followed the installation steps, but nothing happens when I click the Faerun.bat file.

Centenarius

Congratualations for the release!

I like every part of the mod so far: the map, the units, the interface; in my opinion the mod has a great potential, well done The sounds, the voices and the music work for me, they are the vanilla ones

To Arclath: I also have the Definitive Edition (Steam), in order to run the mod you have to do this:

Open the Faerun.bat file with a text editor such as notepad; in place of kingdoms.exe, write medieval2.exe so your bat file code should look like this:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    medieval2.exe @mods\FaerunV01\Faerun.cfg
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Hey there, I thought I'd chime in here and give my honest opinion on it. I must stress that I don't know anything about the word and lore in which the mod takes place. I only know about games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights but hardly ever played them, so... (I've seen some of it when at my friend's house after class at the time which is a long long time ago, in a galaxy far way )

First off: the campaign map looks pretty damn amazing. The only issue I have with it are some of the terrain textures which don't blend in that well with others making it look a bit patchy, but other than that it looks very good, feels very much alive and populated and looks very interesting.

As for the units, I have very mixed feeling about them. Now I do have to confess that my standards are pretty high. In short: I don't really like them except for the ones that are medieval in appearance and the ones that have metallic armour. There's a faction that looks like they've come straight from Homer's Trojan Wars. Although I think they look alright on their own, it's just weird to see this style next to medieval-styled units of other factions. Again, I don't know if it's all down to lore (perhaps someone could enlighten me on this).

As for the units that I do like (the medieval metallic ones), I'd revisit the metallic look of textures. Now if there's something that's hard to pull off in M2TW it's metallic textures, because you'd have to weigh in sunlight and gloss while not making the texture look too bland (I've been there myself and I'm struggling with it as well. I'm still not always happy with the result that I get on my own units). As of now I'd say that the metal looks too smooth and too dark on the all-metallic units. I feel that the metal needs more texture/noise of its own. I do like the little details on the armour like the leather straps and knobs and the overall design.
    Also some units just look funny. They have weird faces and weird-looking eyes.

I did get constant pop-ups of the game asking me to sell all items of a character (with a caution notification that I must do this and that, otherwise it would all be broken for the whole campaign). I thought it was a bit annoying and I'm not sure what the idea behind it is. Personally I'd stay far away from scripts that break easily. Anyway, I think that this part of the game also isn't quite done yet?

Anyway, I think your units are alright for what they are right now. I'm sure there are other things that have a much higher priority such as making the campaign playable and bugfree. Again, I thought I'd weigh in here and give you my thoughts on it. It's looking pretty interesting, so I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Arclath View Post
    Does the mod work with the Definitive Edition? I followed the installation steps, but nothing happens when I click the Faerun.bat file.
    It does. But as with all mods using Steam you can't ever start it with the .bat-file. You'd need to install it like you do when using Steam - which is an entirely different process.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 06, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

- The Havamal

I've downloaded the entire rosters of the Thay, Rashemen and the Shadovar - all three of these faction rosters are impressive! I've started to implement Thay two days ago and I just thought I'd share some pictures here. The Thayan faction has a huge roster so it will take some time to implement. Some of their unist are weird as well - riding Griffons, Centaurs with bows, Unicorns, Giants and Goblins etc.

I've implemented five units as of yet - with one unit upgrade counting as a sixth entry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 02.24.42.72.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 02.24.48.81.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 02.25.47.66.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 05.29.13.03.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 05.29.19.57.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 06.18.36.94.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 06.18.46.03.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 06.23.48.11.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.07.05 - 06.24.15.38.jpg  

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Hey there, I thought I'd chime in here and give my honest opinion on it. I must stress that I don't know anything about the word and lore in which the mod takes place. I only know about games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights but hardly ever played them, so... (I've seen some of it when at my friend's house after class at the time which is a long long time ago, in a galaxy far way )

First off: the campaign map looks pretty damn amazing. The only issue I have with it are some of the terrain textures which don't blend in that well with others making it look a bit patchy, but other than that it looks very good, feels very much alive and populated and looks very interesting.

As for the units, I have very mixed feeling about them. Now I do have to confess that my standards are pretty high. In short: I don't really like them except for the ones that are medieval in appearance and the ones that have metallic armour. There's a faction that looks like they've come straight from Homer's Trojan Wars. Although I think they look alright on their own, it's just weird to see this style next to medieval-styled units of other factions. Again, I don't know if it's all down to lore (perhaps someone could enlighten me on this).

As for the units that I do like (the medieval metallic ones), I'd revisit the metallic look of textures. Now if there's something that's hard to pull off in M2TW it's metallic textures, because you'd have to weigh in sunlight and gloss while not making the texture look too bland (I've been there myself and I'm struggling with it as well. I'm still not always happy with the result that I get on my own units). As of now I'd say that the metal looks too smooth and too dark on the all-metallic units. I feel that the metal needs more texture/noise of its own. I do like the little details on the armour like the leather straps and knobs and the overall design.
    Also some units just look funny. They have weird faces and weird-looking eyes.

I did get constant pop-ups of the game asking me to sell all items of a character (with a caution notification that I must do this and that, otherwise it would all be broken for the whole campaign). I thought it was a bit annoying and I'm not sure what the idea behind it is. Personally I'd stay far away from scripts that break easily. Anyway, I think that this part of the game also isn't quite done yet?

Anyway, I think your units are alright for what they are right now. I'm sure there are other things that have a much higher priority such as making the campaign playable and bugfree. Again, I thought I'd weigh in here and give you my thoughts on it. It's looking pretty interesting, so I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Cheers!
    Thanks for giving it a try, and for all the feedback, its much appreciated!

I know some units look worse than others, but some of them are simply old and we have improved our skills since then, but still didnt want to just waste that material without having replacements.

The campaign is largely not ready yet, and will be developed and debugged. Thats one of my main tasks now for the second realease, or third.

As for the metallic textures, im definately not an expert on that and i do agree some armours look too polished. You know whats the main reason for that? Time. I would mostly cut corners on things like that. Making textures is time consuming in itself, but making "realistic" looking textures takes a lot more time for me. Or maybe im just not that good at that, or both. Anyway, its so much stuff to do im often cutting corners just to make things look 'ok' and move on.
    Hopefuly, with more of the mod being completed, i will later be able to focus on perfecting some of those things that are outdated or bad looking.

@Mr_Nygren

Great job, and again thanks a lot for helping!

---------------------------------------------
    To others who are following the mod; we are working on implementing more materials for another release; the plan is to add 8 rosters already completed by Assurbanippal, but im also adding some of my units to other rosters; we will be also working on the campaign and try to inlcude it for the next release. All in all, we have already visible progress since the release, so things are looking promising. I would hope to get the second release out within 2 months, so maybe early september. Depends on the development.

Thanks to everyone interested in the mod! For me its really surprising with the number of downloads within this first week, but it is definately very encouraging, so its easier to continue making the mod. Cheers!

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Very nice work! +rep