Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - v0.2 released, check the first post

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 30.01.2017 "Rashemen" preview - page 41

Centenarius

Default Re: Faerūn[Forgotten Realms]TW - last update 30.01.2017 "Rashemen" preview - page 41

Good job Assurbanippal and welcome back Vladyvid!
    Temporarily retired from modding.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

cheers guys

some thayan heavyweight

Ogres

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

gladiator minotaurs

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Those look really good!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm following this thread with much hope the mod will be released! You're doing a nice work and I'm happy to see there's still some updates.
    I know there's still no release date planned as stated in the opening post (feb 2017) but are you going to release a beta version to test and check for bugs?
    I'm demanding quite a bit but could you expand a little on what is done for now and what remains for the mod to be in a release or beta state (a quick explanation something, like map...90%, faction rosters...50%, scripting...30%).

Anyway thanks for the hard work you're doing here and best luck for the mod! You can count me as one more supporter!!

Seems I can't edit my post (perhaps because I'm a new user here ^^) so sorry for the double post.

I know huge units are hard to do but I hope the monster spawning script will have some of the iconic monsters in D&D

hey krevett, thank you for your support pal
    Beta version is a must, of course we will release it for testing and so on. As of %, although its not my task i know the map is almost complete, id say its at 95%, about roster, im only making non standard faction, that means non medieval units but that matter is about 60% i reckon, no clue about scripts. i know it is being developed but i cant evaluate its status.
    I know huge units are hard to do but I hope the monster spawning script will have some of the iconic monsters in D&D
    as long as they have a proper skeleton and fit in any army, there is no problem to them to be implemented, of course there will be some fearsome creatures as rebels at specific places
    BTW you cant edit posts till get 25 of them

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

What sort of 2D art do you need?

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinskyboy View Post
    Do you do some 2d art yourself
    As it turns out, I do: Career artist and illustrator.

Vlad and I have tossed around the notion of sharing my art and lore resources with the mod before. Specifically regarding Cormanthyr but I wouldn't mind branching out to sketch more of the Realms. If the majority of the 2d art assets that you need are what you just laid out, then I should be able to help out once once I can get my schedule stabilized.

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

As I know nothing of this universe nor have I the skills for art, the most I can give you it my enthusiasm for this project's release, and I wish your team the best.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Thanks guys ! Glad to see we still have some followers !

For the %, all I can say is that

Map is 95-99% done, all we need is debugging it with the beta.

Rosters : dunno, something like 60% as Assurb said. But the thing is that Vlad does not give news anymore and has kept a lot of his work without sharing it ...

Scripting : dunno, we can add as much as we like, depending on what is needed ... But the game is already working fine for now. I had not planned a lot of scripts in this mod as we are based on a RPG, that means : here is how the world is at gamestart, now let the player do what he wants. I know Vlad wanted to introduce the spellplague occuring later than 1372, but I don't know how he wanted to do it ...
    Anyway, this mod will not probably be balanced like TATW. I mean some of the factions are in a desperate situation and will probably never survive when being played by AI, like Unther. Others will be very hard to play with like Orcs (surrounded by ennemies) and some will be very easy (like Thay or Mulhorand). This is due to the lore.

3D art (campaign map) : 10%

2D art (campaign map) : 10% but Valiyn offered some help !

Game balancing and beta testing : 0%. I said above that the factions will not be balanced, but I'm talking here about game values in general like units costs, recruitment times, and general economy. This will have to be discussed later but if someone is aware of this kind of stuff, please let us know !
    Btw, I wanted to try something different to other games : I want recruitment time to be very long (so as construction time) but with no refill time for the units pools. I estimate that you can start recruiting as many units as you loke, as long as you can pay, but it takes quite a while to have fully operational Thayan Wizards !!!

Wizardry : 50% I'm strugling in finding the desired effects for the magic missiles. It is for now eighther too powerful or not enough ! It will have by the way to be changed graphically, to look like D&D spells.

any idea when you guys will be ready for a first release?

I'd be willing to beta test

Civis

Last edited by Martinskyboy; January 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

the rest of the roster pre in game

black orcs

Divine champions of cyric

human slaves

skeletons

goblin slaves

lizardfolks

common orcs

red orcs

Tanarukks

zombies

hill giants

centaurs

more of the half of the roster is already in game, althought getting the rest in will take still a bit

Wow just wow!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader