Thread: Sir! Sir, Your Gen..STFU!!!

jnecros's Avatar Miles

Default Sir! Sir, Your Gen..STFU!!!

Hey yall..how the hell can I silence the tool who shouts "sir! sir! your general is under attack" or the one about units fleeing and one about out of ammo..it is...driving..me..crazy..hearing this troll spaming and shouting this crap over and over. Please tell me I missed something in the options.

antred's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Sir! Sir, Your Gen..STFU!!!

Ironically, when you've forgotten about one of your cavalry units and it's getting shot to pieces by an enemy infantry unit that rushed up to it and opened fire, the idiot won't say a word about it.

Trying not to get your general killed would be a start, I mean if he's spamming it; then it's for a reason. I'm sure though, one of the audio options handle it.

jnecros's Avatar Miles

Who said anything about my general being killed? This spam happens if you use your general to attack units, which I do often to get them to break..and it is annoying to hear this crap

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Your perfect solution would be play the battles with no sound whatsoever thus you do not have to listen to the panicky fellow informing you of what is happening.Chill man its a game don`t get so angry you will burst a blood vessel

jnecros's Avatar Miles

No, that is not going to cut it..the sound is one of the best parts, especailly considering I have an excellent sound mod, thanks though. This voice has bugged me from day one, same with MTW2 or maybe Kingdoms added it cant recall, but it really bothers the hell out of me still.

Just forget I asked..obviously nobody feels the same way or knows how to address my question

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

If im not mistaken there are certain triggers which trigger the differant voices

If you want to spend the time use PFM to go in and look at the music.pack file and change the triggers or something of that nature.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It can be annoying but i wouldn't turn it off it can be very helpful. In one battle against the Russians, the battle was at its height until their unit of artillery managed to send a cannonball right through Napoleon's general staff. Luckily it didnt kill him but i wouldnt have realised he was being targeted until the advisor told me! On the other hand, the "our men are running sir" is extremely annoying, and its the last thing you want to hear when you begin to lose a battle
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Quote Originally Posted by jnecros View Post
    Hey yall..how the hell can I silence the tool who shouts "sir! sir! your general is under attack" or the one about units fleeing and one about out of ammo..it is...driving..me..crazy..hearing this troll spaming and shouting this crap over and over. Please tell me I missed something in the options.
    by playing smart and not placing your general in harm's way.

Afaik, this is only said once during a single battle, when your general comes under the first attack, no? It's hardly spamming.
    Anyway, if it bothers you, I'm sure you can mod it out. Find the offending sound files in PFM and create a minimod substituting empty ones for the current ones.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I dont think there is a way, just make sure he dont get attacked or chane the volumes so voice is low? or just get over it?

chill out, i hardly notice it.

Mehow80's Avatar Foederatus

Guys, telling him to chill out is hardly of any help here. He wants the annoying spam to end and it is his choice. I don't know anything about modding and I cannot help but if you have a possibility to check that please do so. Don't tell the guy to calm down, i doesn't help.
    For the Republic- A Genoese E:TW AAR.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=477761

Thread moved to NTW Mod workshop> Sounds section

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

LOL! If only we could say that to TW.com, .org, .net, Lordz members and patrons without them getting so bent and uppity as we sometimes have to endure complete nonsense. It seems fair to me. LOL. The in-game Sir, Sir buzz is about as annoying. I am tired of being at odds with members who are selectively helpful. So I mostly just read these days and filter, sighing often. I am not so irate as most might think, rather quite jovial...on most occasions. However, I am fully capable of surmising a battlefield with these notifications or being told a unit is running...after all I have been modding and playing these games since MTW. Not to mention my past military experience in the real world(!!!). If not then, why now? Effect? Ambience? Depth? I could think of a million things that would add more depth than that buzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Sir Sir..., our unit is running..., the day is lost..., glorious victory sir is now... wubbawubbawubba ... and shut up.

I want more character depth or even even character immersion, general eye view, an ancillary list that is more complex so not every encounter is the same on any level...acute attention to detail on diplomacy, uniform and weapon design and variance options, a recruitment system based on population, with full repurcussions for repression and excess. Active rebels and rebellions...hell, those Brits watch the BBC News ... comme ca! ...and that is only the beginning.

The fact that you can't get modding tools or any kind of modding support from SEGA/CA is an indicator of the inherent inadequacy of these more recent games. Doesn't take long for a mod to run a-foul and you're stuck starting it all over...because vanilla just doesn't cut the mustard. My condolences to those that find it acceptable or use more limited mods. By G-d, don't let me start a gaming company.
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; January 14, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I just MADE that little mod (see sig). Unfortunately I haven't figured out how Squid has set up our new DL section. Where's the BUTTON I use to upload this bugger?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Got it! That was a miserable delay, but the mod is now uploaded. I have no clue why I was not able to use the upload features since the server switch, but I can NOW.

Because of the massive delay the file is in BETA so if you use it, be sure to write back with your experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4059