Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

Default Re: CATW - Current Version - >>DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION<<

No, there is no video as I know atm. Try a search on the web, but I doubt you will find anything. Maybe take a look to the Previews and the Screenshots Thread.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This looks amazing! Very well made, especially since it was done on your own from scratch.
    One question if I may? I notice instructions for BI exe, but does it work with Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius I Poliorcetes View Post
    This looks amazing! Very well made, especially since it was done on your own from scratch.
    One question if I may? I notice instructions for BI exe, but does it work with Alex?
    Nope. CATW is playable only with RomeTW.exe and RomeTW-BI.exe.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for the answer. I had another question, if anyone could direct me to an answer. How to remove the borders on strat map?
    Thank you

Take a look on that thread on The Org: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...moval-Mini-Mod, that's a mini-mod for EB 1.2 which remove the strat map and the battlemap borders.
    Last edited by Nelduin; September 24, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Updated with Moddb mirrors.

Updated with StrategyInformer mirrors.

6 turns per year addon made by Resef added. Don't forget to +Rep him.

Installed Mod. Installed patches. There is no shortcut that works. Nothing Mod won't run :-(

Create a new shortcut of RomeTW.exe. Right click on it. "Properties". Add " -mod:catw" at the end of the target line. "Ok". Play .
    Last edited by Nelduin; October 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Night Battles and Force diplomacy script added. Thanks to Resef.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Creat a new shortcut of RomeTW.exe. Right click on it. "Properties". Add " -mod:catw" at the end of the target line. "Ok". Play .

Ahhh that worked! Thanks!

How to create a new shortcut for playing CATW and some others instructions added.

PLEASE NOTE (IF YOU ARE INSTALLING ALL THREE ADDONS) THAT THEY SHOULD BE INSTALLED IN THIS ORDER 1. 6TPY SCRIPT 2. FORCE DIPLOMACY SCRIPT 3. NIGHT BATTLES ADDON. IF THEY ARE NOT INSTALLED IN THIS ORDER THE 6TPY SCRIPT AND NIGHT BATTLES WILL NOT WORK TOGETHER!

CrisGer's Avatar Civis

Can anyone describe a bit about what is different about this mod and the original game? I would appreciate it as there are no details in the opening post.

Maybe you should take a look to the Mod Overview thead. I think the Preview Thread and the Screenshots Thread could be interesting too, as CATW's units are unique and don't come from any other mod.

Hope this may help.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Hello, there, happy christmas (santa is late here) and happy new year.
    I'm still alive and kicking.
    It was a long eclipse but now i'm back on tracks, and with a small, but mostly scripted patch, the 1.1.4. See also the link on the main download threat.

This in short the sum on many modifications mostly based on the recruitment capabilities of all factions, AOR, some skins problems, and other issues.
    The biggest change is that now every faction can recruit a generalfreely and his bodyguard upgdrades. In fact, for the moment you makes it when recruiting a bodyguard cav in your stable (at some level).
    Majos changes concerns also the romans, which now can recruit more effective units sooner (for example the full camilian army to the level of militia barrack), to help you to cope with overwhelming factions armies (obviously the AI doesn't).
    This not all, but the rest will be released later.
    Santa was here too...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx CATW 1.1.4 PATCH xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDINVC50
    Installation :

Unzip catw patch 1.1.4
    If you already have installed CATW, just find your catw directory, then copy and paste the "data" inside catw patch 1.1.4 over your "data" inside catw.
    Say yes to overwrite.

Done.

Logfix 18/12/2011 :

- Add recruiting general capability for all faction, independant of the AI.
    - Add regular archers for gauls, britons, boians, and arverni factions
    - Some modified rosters at the beginning of a campaign
    - Completely overhaul of the roman recruitment, now more accurate and balanced
    - Overhaul of the celtic recruitment, more faction units could be recruited
    - Champions are now recruitable through the temple of battleforge.
    - Modified AOR (now all faction units can be recruited without geographic restrictions)
    - Skin issue : redone missing seleucid pezhetairoi
    - Corrected entry for scythian onager servants
    - Corrected several other missing skins entries
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Great to see you around, cocobongo , I just added a mirror for the patch 1.1.4 at Moddb.

Have a nice holidays and a happy new year everyone !

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Same to you, i'm just back from holidays...
    Good year to all (no, there will be no armageddon..)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Great news on the patch release! I finally located that missing RTW disc so I'll finally be able to get back to CATW.

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Hello, there, happy christmas (santa is late here) and happy new year.
    I'm still alive and kicking.
    It was a long eclipse but now i'm back on tracks, and with a small, but mostly scripted patch, the 1.1.4. See also the link on the main download threat.

This in short the sum on many modifications mostly based on the recruitment capabilities of all factions, AOR, some skins problems, and other issues.
    The biggest change is that now every faction can recruit a generalfreely and his bodyguard upgdrades. In fact, for the moment you makes it when recruiting a bodyguard cav in your stable (at some level).
    Majos changes concerns also the romans, which now can recruit more effective units sooner (for example the full camilian army to the level of militia barrack), to help you to cope with overwhelming factions armies (obviously the AI doesn't).
    This not all, but the rest will be released later.
    Santa was here too...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx CATW 1.1.4 PATCH xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDINVC50
    Installation :

Unzip catw patch 1.1.4
    If you already have installed CATW, just find your catw directory, then copy and paste the "data" inside catw patch 1.1.4 over your "data" inside catw.
    Say yes to overwrite.

Done.

Logfix 18/12/2011 :

- Add recruiting general capability for all faction, independant of the AI.
    - Add regular archers for gauls, britons, boians, and arverni factions
    - Some modified rosters at the beginning of a campaign
    - Completely overhaul of the roman recruitment, now more accurate and balanced
    - Overhaul of the celtic recruitment, more faction units could be recruited
    - Champions are now recruitable through the temple of battleforge.
    - Modified AOR (now all faction units can be recruited without geographic restrictions)
    - Skin issue : redone missing seleucid pezhetairoi
    - Corrected entry for scythian onager servants
    - Corrected several other missing skins entries